Location In Pattaya

zingano

Fairproperties were closed down for a while and I wouldn't deal with them. They don't have a good reputation.

You can go to a few sites. One I liked was

www.jomtien-property.com

do not !! buy in pattaya untill you have spent a lot of time there, also do some serious checking around, dont go through agents because they,ll skim you for commission, go direct to condo owners and barter with them. fair properties in jomtien have loads of listings google up thier website . honestly when you stay in pattaya for good few mths your ideas about if you want to live there or not will change believe me !!

Don't want to get a house for sure, already don't like living in one as it is. Condos are much more my style:)

Thanks for the input everyone, appreciate it!!!

Will look in to some of the other areas you all suggested.

Have a great weekend.

Thx

Don't take too much notice of the Pattaya haters, however I would visit a few more times and get to know the diffrent area's before buying, 'fredbo43' seems to spend all his posts saying how rubbish it is. I don't understand why ppl just post to say purely negative things. Maybe they are so bored in a small village in Essan and nothing better to do all day.

For some people from a small town maybe it is too busy, but am from in South London and feel Pattaya is much more relaxed and safe. I have been in Issan and other smaller places and for me even though I like it for a week I would rather live in a more busy place like BKK or Pattaya. I know some islands the beaches are better but Pattaya is more pratical and also it is easy and close to have a short break in Koh Samit that has very nice beaches. Also just 10 mins by Motosi from Jomtien there are some really nice quiet beaches, totally diffrent vibe from South Pattaya beach. Cosy beach is nice as well, but sometimes can be crowded.

That said I think it would be better to visit a few more times before buying.

If you are worried about the changing exchange rate, you could get a Thai Baht account and leave the money in Baht until you decide to buy. As long and you mark the money transfier to that account as 'for condo purchase' it does not matter if you don't buy until later. HSBC is a good option for this from the UK. Also don't worry about the prices going up in the near future, the condo market is faily flat for now whatever the agents say.

Not sure about the totally legal ways to own houses and land in your own name that have been mentioned, maybe the posters can explain? (for me I am not intrested in a 30 year lease as I am less than 40 but for older guys who won't be around in 30 years it maybe OK).

It took me a few visits to Pattaya, staying in diffrent places as well as many other places in Thailand I decided to buy a condo in Park Lane Jomtien, as the price is good value for me, I like the seperate bedroom, and is 10 mins one way to the busy nightlife and 10 mins the other way to really quiet beaches.

Good luck with your plans

[/quoyes agree with most thing you say. On a personal note I didnt slag Pattaya off in my first reply. The man asked if he should buy, and where, I didnt comment on where to buy, as my advice was to rent. Do I hate Pattaya no. First came here over 25 year's ago. Was it good no, it was great. Moved there 11 year's ago and stayed for over 5 year's. Now moved, no not a shed in Issan. Do I place negative report's yes, as I think every one should hear both side's of the coin. And Im sorry but I cant hold my tongue, when I read thing's like Wonderful, fantistic. brilliant, Maybe 25 year's ago yes. Who do I blame for it changing beyond all recognition, us farang's. And any way, If it wasn't for the like's of me, who would you Pattaya peep's dispise and hate. Not easy in the LOS.

do not !! buy in pattaya untill you have spent a lot of time there, also do some serious checking around, dont go through agents because they,ll skim you for commission, go direct to condo owners and barter with them. fair properties in jomtien have loads of listings google up thier website . honestly when you stay in pattaya for good few mths your ideas about if you want to live there or not will change believe me !!

Contradicting yourself there. FairProperties were agents when theywere in business.

Also the agents charge the seller the commissions, not the purchaser.

look at Grand Condotel or Jomtien Condotel (depending on your budget) on the beach side of Thappraya Rd about the Jomtien/Pattaya border. whether renting or buying you can't go far wrong with either development in terms of location and facilities and in GC some large units at reasonable prices.

Personally I would think renting if you are only going to be a part timer. It will work out a lot cheaper & if you get in a crappy neighborhood or don't care for your surroundings get new digs next round. I waited close to 4 years to buy some land & build a house. Buying is easy selling forget about it. The market soured when the banks went down in 06-07. You have to consider & all I am sure would agree to have some type of security as your place will be easy pickens (even in a gated community- by a neighbor or security that knows you are gone for 4-6 months.If this is your first visit rent for a while before making the plunge unless you are buying to keep or willing to wait till you get it sold later or way later rent is the sane-est way. Thailand is pretty large & you might find a year or 2 you might rather live in Phuket-krabi or in Chiang Mai. Rent for a while & see how it goes. Property will still be available & it seems to be not a dynamite time to own anyway.Especially on a short term basis. Not saying not to buy but to ease into the situation here & avoid possible headaches that can crop up.

Good luck on what ever you decide!