Non-imm O Extension Based On Marriage With A Thai National

To get a Non-Imm O extension based on marriage with a Thai National and the purpose is "supporting Thai wife" there is only

a list of four requirements in thaivisa`s Non imm O marriage guidelines:

1. Marriage Certificate

2. Child's birth certificate (if any)

3. Wife’s house registration

4. Wife’s identity card

I wonder because "In case of working" or "To be supported from Thai husband (thai husband, foreign wife)", then there are more requirements like;

Recording interviewing with the husband and wife for confirming status of husband and wife,

house’s map, picture of house’s and family.

I remember in my time that i had to provide pictures, house map and the interview. I also remember there was no way to get the marriage extension

without the PND 90.

Is this new or did thaivisa forget it in their text?

Edited by Thunderbird4ever

Hello,

I am in Phnom Penh now to make a new NON-O Visa (married with Thai).

I need following Papers:

Married Certifikat

House-Registration from wife

Birthday Registration from Son (22y old)

Monthly income confirmation about I rent my house in Austria to a company

Copy ID-Card from my wife

Passport

2 Photos

One Day - the visa was ready - no problem.

No Pictures from House, nothing else - very easy

regards

chinthai

chinthai:

We are talking about extensions of stay from Immigration - not visas issued by a Consulate in this thread.

Thunderbird4ever:

But what you posted is only a part of what is on the page. There are addition requirements depending on if your working here (work here is listed) and if not working here (not listed). As the requirements often change most web sites will not be up to date on static pages and in fact there is no complete list as different offices will have there own set of requirements and normally they will have a sheet available listing them (at least in general) but even then one officer will want something a little different than another in many cases.

My own question is related to this same subject. As I understand it from the info provided on the Thaivisa.com page, the information described as "Non-Imm O extension based on marriage with a Thai National" seems to indicate that the visa is an extension of some other type i.e. a Non-Immigrant "B" for example.

Is this correct, or is it only applicable to certain types of visa? If there aren't any restrictions, can I apply for the extension with a normal 60 day Tourist Visa?

In this respect, I plan to marry my Thai girlfriend after which I will relocate to Thailand. Our joint income would exceed the minimum income described in the article initially, but I plan to teach in Thailand once I've obtained a TEFL certificate and assume my income alone will suffice to meet the appropriate requirements after that.

From a normal tourist visa you can convert to a non-immigrant visa if you meet all the requirements for a 1 year extension AND have more than 21 days left on your permission to stay. Only a few immigration offices now are willing to convert from a tourist visa to a non-immigrant visa, most will send you to Bangkok.

Note that joined income is not accepted. It has to be your income alone that must be at least 40,000 baht. As a teacher there is no minimum income requirement.

1. Extension of stay for one year can only be made from a non immigrant visa entry. If you are here on another type of entry but qualify it can be changed inside Thailand for an addition fee in the process of extension of stay.

2. For marriage extension the money must be yours - joint income is not allowed. It is either 400k in bank account or 40k per month.

3. Most starting teachers will not be making over 40k per month I suspect. But there is extension of stay for teaching which would not require the 40k per month level. The only disadvantage is if you lost job the extension would end.

OK, my thanks to both of you for clarifying that point.

I don't envisage a problem satisfying income requirements because I'm retired already and receive a pension of 30,000 Baht a month. So I would only need a teaching job which pays 10,000 Baht a month in order to fulfil the necessary criteria.

The following is a copy/paste operation taken from the Thai Ministry of Foreigh Affairs site:

2.4 Non-Immigrant Visa Category “B” (Teaching) Foreigners who intend to take up employment as school teachers at the levels below university level in Thailand must submit the following required documents:

- Passport or travel document with validity of not less than 6 months

- Completed visa application form

- Recent passport-sized photograph (4 x 6 cm) of the applicant taken within the past 6 months.

- Letter of acceptance from employing institute or school in Thailand.

- Letter of approval from government agencies such as the Office of the Private Education Commission, the Office of the Basic Education Commission.

- Evidence of educational qualification such as diplomas or teaching certificates.

- School license or business registration, list of shareholders and school profile.

- Applicant’s resume.

- Police certificate verifying that applicant has no criminal record or equivalents or letter issued by authorised agencies in applicant’s country. (The requirement of the submission of such police certificate is optional. The applicant must submit it if consular officer requests he/she to do so. This requirement is effective as from May 2007)

So I assume that once I've obtained one of those, I can then apply for the Non-Imm "O" extension in order to live permanently in Thailand. Or do I still have to do visa runs in spite of being married to a Thai national?

OK, my thanks to both of you for clarifying that point.

I don't envisage a problem satisfying income requirements because I'm retired already and receive a pension of 30,000 Baht a month. So I would only need a teaching job which pays 10,000 Baht a month in order to fulfil the necessary criteria.

The following is a copy/paste operation taken from the Thai Ministry of Foreigh Affairs site:

2.4 Non-Immigrant Visa Category “B” (Teaching) Foreigners who intend to take up employment as school teachers at the levels below university level in Thailand must submit the following required documents:

- Passport or travel document with validity of not less than 6 months

- Completed visa application form

- Recent passport-sized photograph (4 x 6 cm) of the applicant taken within the past 6 months.

- Letter of acceptance from employing institute or school in Thailand.

- Letter of approval from government agencies such as the Office of the Private Education Commission, the Office of the Basic Education Commission.

- Evidence of educational qualification such as diplomas or teaching certificates.

- School license or business registration, list of shareholders and school profile.

- Applicant’s resume.

- Police certificate verifying that applicant has no criminal record or equivalents or letter issued by authorised agencies in applicant’s country. (The requirement of the submission of such police certificate is optional. The applicant must submit it if consular officer requests he/she to do so. This requirement is effective as from May 2007)

So I assume that once I've obtained one of those, I can then apply for the Non-Imm "O" extension in order to live permanently in Thailand. Or do I still have to do visa runs in spite of being married to a Thai national?

But please dont put your case in this thread. It has nothing to do with the above asked.

Moderator remove it please.

Note that joined income is not accepted. It has to be your income alone that must be at least 40,000 baht.
2. For marriage extension the money must be yours - joint income is not allowed. It is either 400k in bank account or 40k per month.

In 2006 I remeber the new rules about the income requirement which could then be your own 40k per month, your wifes 40k or 40k joint income.

The 400 k in bank account was then removed as an option I belive. My extension in late 2007 was based on my wifes income alone.

Before 2006 it had to be your own income or 400k in bank.

So now its back with the 400k in the bank again?