Fullers Bitter!

tigerfish

simple question, does anyone know if i get can hold of some decent fullers bitter. talking about london pride and especially e.s.b., in a can or even better on tap in a bar/pub. miss the stuff like made! i know you can get hold of tetleys, but im looking for something thats actually got a flavour to it, and doesnt resemble a pint of water with a tea bag stuck in it for taste.

for that matter any other good imported bitters, beers, ales would be good to know about.

thanks tigerfish.

Now you HAVE got me thinking about a pint (or 4) of Woodfords Wherry real ale (Norfolk), Abbot Ale, Nelsons Revenge, Spitfire, Think l've tried most. Yes, there are some things l miss from Blighty, aaaaah, is that racist, blighty l mean (haha). Don't know if l am coming or going lately. Hope you find some. :)

good job i didnt ask about the black stuff, or id be wright in it. :D

ill give you a shout if i get hold of any.

Now you HAVE got me thinking about a pint (or 4) of Woodfords Wherry real ale (Norfolk), Abbot Ale, Nelsons Revenge, Spitfire, Think l've tried most. Yes, there are some things l miss from Blighty, aaaaah, is that racist, blighty l mean (haha). Don't know if l am coming or going lately. Hope you find some. :)

good job i didnt ask about the black stuff, or id be wright in it. :D

ill give you a shout if i get hold of any.

Cool.

Bit off topic but the best thing about the BA night flight to BK is Witherspoons Pub in terminal 4. A Curry or Chilli Con Carne washed down with copious amounts of English Real Ale, guaranteed to make me sleep all the way to BK. My bit of heaven.

A curry and copious amounts of real ale, oh the inhumanity of it all. Do me a favour and let me have your flight schedules for the next year or will you, I would hate to get seated next to you on long haul after your digestive system gets to work on that combination, not in rarefied air. :D

Hi Tigerfish, in response to your request regarding Fullers beers, I own Fluid Asia Pacific Co., Ltd., we imported London Pride bottles and cans on a trial period last year. We hope to resume supplies later in 2010, with the addition of some ESB too. London Pride is also expected to arrive on draught maybe towards the end of 2010 but can't confirm that just now. Thanks for the comments on Tetley's, each to his own. I am not a bitter drinker myself but we try and cater for all tastes and Tetley's is a popular session beer. We run a business and try to import a wide variety of brands to suit all. There are many new brands arriving over the coming months which I hope you and many others will be happy to see.

Hi Tigerfish, in response to your request regarding Fullers beers, I own Fluid Asia Pacific Co., Ltd., we imported London Pride bottles and cans on a trial period last year. We hope to resume supplies later in 2010, with the addition of some ESB too. London Pride is also expected to arrive on draught maybe towards the end of 2010 but can't confirm that just now. Thanks for the comments on Tetley's, each to his own. I am not a bitter drinker myself but we try and cater for all tastes and Tetley's is a popular session beer. We run a business and try to import a wide variety of brands to suit all. There are many new brands arriving over the coming months which I hope you and many others will be happy to see.

thank for the reply and info ROBJSThailand. good to know and will keep my ear to the ground. i know there are many farang out there that miss certain little creature comforts from their homelands, good beer being one of them. got all your details from your website, i noticed from visiting it you do all sorts of special events. any up and coming?, that i and many other tv members may be interested in.

thank for the reply and info ROBJSThailand. good to know and will keep my ear to the ground. i know there are many farang out there that miss certain little creature comforts from their homelands, good beer being one of them. got all your details from your website, i noticed from visiting it you do all sorts of special events. any up and coming?, that i and many other tv members may be interested in.

Don't have any events planned at the moment but as the new brands come on board we will be running some launch events and maybe some networking events. There are some very big names arriving this year, but we also want to import some more 'niche' or 'guest' beers. will hopefully be updating the website with new brands and events etc. Great that you enjoy the UK beers and I will do my best to keep the expats happy with some of the finer products out there.

Don't have any events planned at the moment but as the new brands come on board we will be running some launch events and maybe some networking events. There are some very big names arriving this year, but we also want to import some more 'niche' or 'guest' beers. will hopefully be updating the website with new brands and events etc. Great that you enjoy the UK beers and I will do my best to keep the expats happy with some of the finer products out there.

If you're looking for a "niche" beer that actually seems to sell pretty well in some circles (and already is in Singapore & Philippines), it would be great if you could bring in Rogue Dead Guy Ale.

Edited by OriginalPoster

If you're looking for a "niche" beer that actually seems to sell pretty well in some circles (and already is in Singapore & Philippines), it would be great if you could bring in Rogue Dead Guy Ale.

WOW, never heard of that one. What is it, where brewed. :)

It's a maibock brewed in Oregon.

Edited by OriginalPoster

as in portland, washington state.

so give us the low down then, is a cloudy strong one or a pale ale? whats the percentage volume/alcohol? any destinctive character to it.

It's 6.5% and is a flavorful & easy-to-drink German-style maibock. Rogue makes a bunch of pale ales, IPAs, stouts and a bitter too but this isn't one of them. You can find flowery prose about the Dead Guy at http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/132/355/?ba=bros .

Edited by OriginalPoster

Thanks for the suggestion. Will take a look at it