Under The "whatever Happened To/became Of.....

Gonzo the Face

Seems that some things always fall out of favor and we never find out the end results.

Remember the Chiang Mai Mayoral Election of a couple months ago. The young man from the prominent CM Family that received the most votes was said to being investigated before the election commission would certify his victory.

Maybe it was announced but I didn't hear anything about it. Is he now the mayor or what is going on?

Sorry I can't help you with your question but does the mayor of Chiang Mai actually do anything?

As much as I love Chiang Mai I can't but help feeling a few things could be improved, the footpaths for a start. I have had ten relatives visit Chiang Mai during the past year, everyone of them has loved the place but all of them commented on the state of the footpaths, not so much the holes and generally bad surface but the obstacles which in many cases force people to walk out into the road, the cars parked all over the footpaths. I often wish I was a Thai and had the nerve to just park my car anywhere that was convenient to me and and say up yours to anyone that didn't like it, in Chiang Mai there would be zero chance of a policeman doing anything about it, unfortunately I was brought up in the west with this rotten habit of respecting other peoples rights. I had a huge laugh to myself when one relative with a small child brought over a push chair.

This weeks Chiang Mai Mail. :D

http://' target="_blank">Mayor launches greening of Chiang Mai

Supoj Thiamyoj

Chiang Mai Municipality launched a new project to promote the greening of Chiang Mai, titled “Kiew Suay Horm (green, beautiful and good smell).

n7-GREEN%201.jpg

Chiang Mai Mayor Tassanai Buranupakorn introduces the newest project to create more green areas in the city.

Mayor Tassanai Buranupakorn launched the promotional campaign at the Three Kings Monument on February 14, in a bid to bring more greenery and cleanliness to Chiang Mai city and improve the health and well being of its’ residents.

He said that Chiang Mai is a hub of tourism, communications, education, and Northern economy and trade. The Thai government’s policy is to drive development work, and with the city’s growth and expansion, mega construction projects, and rapidly increasing population with the corresponding increase of vehicles on the road air pollution problems for the city have been on the rise.

The Municipality hopes to increase the number of green areas in the city so as to help, in part, tackle air pollution problems. Plants and trees should be grown to not only help the pollution problems but increase the city’s beauty. The project also addresses the issue of educating people as to the importance of green areas, and the need to solve the pollution problems to keep Chiang Mai livable and beautiful.