My Existing Cd Writer Can't Write

sas_cars

hi,

I m using Samsung Combo Drive right now. DVD reader/CDRW .The problem is when I write a CD,it completes successfully.BUt when I re insert the CD,it still shows blank CD. :o I can't understand why so.. Everything goes fine while writing. But on completion and reinsertion ,the cd is still blank. :D

What s/w are you using? Make sure you tell it to "finalise" or "close" the disk in case this is the problem. Also check very carefully what is displayed after the copy is apparently finished - there may be a need to leave the disk a little longer for the "finalising" to complete. I use Roxio Easy CD and the message at the very end of the copy procedure that says "Completed successfully" is very small and easily missed. If you manually eject before this message is displayed, the disk will be garbage!

If you need to get the data back from a bad CD, you can try "IsoBuster" s/w, free from IsoBuster.com.

sas_cars - In addition to RDN's suggestions, double check your burn settings to make sure they're NOT set to "Test Burn".

Also try rebooting your computer, as sometimes the CD-ROM driver can't read the disk after a burning session is completed.

cheers :o