Phuket Hotel

Harrywonka

Hilton - good location on Karon Beach, near to beer bars in Karon, beautiful location with great facilities - four pools and a good gym.

Meridian - a dated hotel in a nice quiet peaceful location, a bit too isolated for my taste but closer to Patong than the Hilton

Marriot - on the edge of ALL the action in Patong and one block from the beach,

Hilton wins.

if you mean the j w marriot past the airport, nice hotel but a bit out of the way. The marriot courtyard in Patong is a brand new hotel and i believe its very good but depends if you want to be right in Patong. i have stayed at le meridian and like it alot, but really one for the family. The hilton i dont know.

Hi again,

I will be travelling with a lady friend and don't especially need to be near any girly type bars.

I don't suppose we have to stay at any of those 3 anyway if any of you chaps can suggest a better one at similar price. We have no particular location in mind other than somewhere in Phuket.

Our stay will probably be from 3 to 7 days.

Harry

Edited by Harrywonka

Hi again,

I will be travelling with a lady friend and don't especially need to be near any girly type bars.

I don't suppose we have to stay at any of those 3 anyway if any of you chaps can suggest a better one at similar price. We have no particular location in mind other than somewhere in Phuket.

Our stay will probably be from 3 to 7 days.

Harry

jw marriot is an incredible place if you want to stay within the resort and expect to pay international hotel prices for food and drink, there are some ok little places to walk to (or cycle or ride in taxi (phuket taxi mafia pricing)) but in 3 days you probably wont have even been around the resort

Yes, you need to check carefully re. which Marriott.

As you are comparing with the Hilton I would expect that you mean JW Marriott at Mai Khao Beach. We stayed there last Sept. it is a really nice hotel, was not impressed with the hotel beach but do you need to use the beach? It is a long way out from 'the town' etc. We had our car so no problem. If you like a quite luxury holiday JW is for you. I think we paid something over 3000..maybe 3500Baht with asiareservations.net. This year I can't seem to match that so we are going to Pimalai on Koh Lanta in May..great price through HotelTravel..now that is a nice place to go.

The other Marriotts are actually Courtyard by Marriott and there are at least three of them in Phuket. They are ok but nowhere near the standard of JW and the main restaurant is normally 'air cooled' ie no air con!! I have seen the one on Kamala Beach..stayed one night...enough!

For me I would next time stay in a 5* with a nice beach...just google phuket 5 star hotels.