Worth Taking A Trip To Suphanburi?

FuninPlural

If you have been invited by people you trust, then go! It might not be easy, and Suphanburi is not all that picturesque, but you will make some friends if you do, and that is what matters most of all.

<ed: another weird clipboard bug in IPB>

---o0o---

Well then, good night.

Edited by SeanMoran

Thank You Sean. I Was invited by a girl who I trust. I asked what is over there, and I was told flea markets and an "old city" kind of feel. I don't know if it will be easy, but you only live once, right? My only disadvantage is not having any Thai-language skills.

If you have been invited by people you trust, then go! It might not be easy, and Suphanburi is not all that picturesque, but you will make some friends if you do, and that is what matters most of all.

<ed: another weird clipboard bug in IPB>

---o0o---

Well then, good night.

My only disadvantage is not having any Thai-language skills.

Three words. Hello, thank you, sorry. Then you can start to count from one to ten.

Sawat dee, Khop khun, Khor tut, and then

nueng, song, sam, see, haa, hokm jet, pet, gao, sip,

and you're there if you remember thaqt zero is 'soon' and your health is 'sabai dee'.

It's not difficult if you smile and have a friend and you can pick things up as you go along. The further away from Bangkok you can get, the more chance you have of meeting good people who will tolerate you while you are learning to speak the language and fit in with the culture.

One good one I learned was "snake snake, fish fish" which can be said in Thai as "pla pla, ngoo ngoo" backwards, but that gets people laughing and you can't go wrong if you can make people smile.

Gooid luck in Suphanburi.

Suphanburi town is a dump...but, from what I've seen of the rest of the place it can be quite charming in a flat, rice paddy, rural sort of way...

and yeah, like sbk sez, the roads are good as a previous PM was a local guy...

if yew see a beat up silver van on the road with 'for hire' on the back window and a falang in the back with a drink in his hand give us a toot on the horn as that'll probably be the tutsimobile... :)

Suphan Buri is an ancient town rich in culture and historical temples. It is located on the bank of the Tha Chin River, sometimes called the Suphan Buri River by its people. Suphan Buri once was an important border town involved in battles and wars during the Ayutthaya period.

Suphan Buri is located some 169 kilometres from Bangkok along Highway No. 340. It occupies an area of 5,358 square kilometres and is administratively divided into 10 districts: Muang Suphan Buri, Doem Bang Nang Buat, Bang Pla Ma, Si Prachan, Song Phi Nong, Sam Chuk, U Thong, Don Chedi, Dan Chang and Nong Ya Sai.

If your driving it is not easy as 50km North West of BKK if appear that 'Suphan Buri' is straight on :)+ that is on all roads no matter which way your going.. If you have not been than sure it is fine for a visit.post-42643-1267295412_thumb.png

A trip to Suphanburi is worth your while. In town there is the Dragon Temple, which is quite impressive. Further up on the way towards Chainat you will find the 100 year old market (or more) that is in Saam Chook. Also the food around there along the riverside is excellent, before Saam Chook there is a good restaurant name Pen Goong, there was a review of it in an English newspaper, whose name you are not allowed to mentioned on this site. All in all a very nice trip.