I'm Scared

DavidAttenborough

Your right of course, lots of gone to the mountains to escape the tsunami :) .....or they are having a rest after watching and listening to the marathon Thaksin court ruling....then again my significant other and most of the neighborhood was up to 11.00pm watching the usual crap on Thai TV, followed by and extended drinking/karaoke session for a few hours more celebrating another special feast called Saturday night.

LOL.. I was out last night. It was actually really busy getting into town, bit of a traffic jam around Airport Plaza.

I met some of my Red Shirt friends as well. The mood was one of disappointment and sadness. (Not sure what they were expecting. :) )

Turned into a good night though, when talking about elections they asked me if I could vote, having been here for such a long time. Told them I couldn't, of course, not being a Thai citizen. Also told them "doesn't matter that much though does it? It's not like the people's votes count for something in this country?" I mean when a PM can be thrown out by the military-bureaucratic elite for as much as being on a TV cooking show..

Then I moved on to a couple Lao Khao shots with SangSom-Coke chasers so it got a bit blurry after that.

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

It will be a lot quieter tonight... the bars are closed. I hope that includes the karaoke bars along the road near where I live. Their off key singing floats across the pond outside my window. Oh well, the sound of squeeking bedsprings can be annoying as well... unless they are MY bedsprings. :)

Probably due to combination of school/university exams and the red shirt thing.

As soon as term ends shops like mine that cater to mini-skirted-high-heeled-uni-students go into hibernation for 2 months. Also it isnt quite pay day yet.. so everybody is skint. Chiang Mai is a university town as we say in England. Its a university town times eleven!

Edited by whiterussian

Tomorrow all gov't offices and banks are closed. You mean all those government workers and bankers can lay out at the bar all day tomorrow? What a windfall! :)

Sounds good to me. Now lets see if any bar in town is hungry enough to open at 3 AM tomorrow morning to show the USA vs Canada gold medal game, they could make some money.

Tomorrow all gov't offices and banks are closed. You mean all those government workers and bankers can lay out at the bar all day tomorrow? What a windfall! :)

Sounds good to me. Now lets see if any bar in town is hungry enough to open at 3 AM tomorrow morning to show the USA vs Canada gold medal game, they could make some money.

Agreed! I'm not sure who set up the time schedule but it sure doesn't fit very well anywhere else but Vancouver. BC. At least the Superbowl was available at 6AM. Hey, but we can watch never ending soccer matches one after the other.

Tomorrow all gov't offices and banks are closed. You mean all those government workers and bankers can lay out at the bar all day tomorrow? What a windfall! :D

Agreed! I'm not sure who set up the time schedule but it sure doesn't fit very well anywhere else but Vancouver. BC. At least the Superbowl was available at 6AM. Hey, but we can watch never ending soccer matches one after the other.

I agree that the time stinks but the gold metal match for ice hockey has always been scheduled as the last event on the last day of the Olympics before the closing ceremony. THE GAME is at 12:30PM PST the closing ceremony is to air at 5:00PM PST. So the fault lies with the IOC and us being North American expats half way around the world. Oh, how did Thailand's Olympic team fair this year? Jamaica showed up. AND does any bar have the brains to open at 3:00 for the game in the morning and make some money? NOT! :)