Teach Undergrads W/ An Mba?

YanTree

With an undergrad degree from a top 30 US University and an MBA from a top Thai University, would one be qualified to get a job teaching undergraduates? I don't mean teaching English; intro to business, accounting, marketing, entrepreneurship etc. Something like that. In English.

Edited by YanTree

Sure... I went to Mahidol University International College here in Thailand and your qualifications are on par with many of the professors coming into the Business department... although I believe that many with MBAs were persuing or planning to persue their PHDs.

Sure... I went to Mahidol University International College here in Thailand and your qualifications are on par with many of the professors coming into the Business department... although I believe that many with MBAs were persuing or planning to persue their PHDs.

Great, thanks :)

Great, thanks :)

I've been trying to find such a job too... but it's tough to find a vacancy though.

jstrike, I see you joined sometime back, but are relatively new to the teaching forum. Welcome and I hope you get answers to your questions.

Thank you very much. I hope to find my answers too :) i'm leaving for thailand in May. Hopefully i can secure some interviews before then.

Good luck! Without being physically on the ground in Thailand, you aren't going to have much luck getting an interview. You are going to have to 'man-up' and physically walk into the department where you want to work and somehow demonstrate why they should give you a position if you don't already know someone on the inside. Here, it is about knowing people to find the kinds of positions you seek. Network! You have started this already right here. Nothing will work better than being dressed sharply and walking in.

Good luck! Without being physically on the ground in Thailand, you aren't going to have much luck getting an interview. You are going to have to 'man-up' and physically walk into the department where you want to work and somehow demonstrate why they should give you a position if you don't already know someone on the inside. Here, it is about knowing people to find the kinds of positions you seek. Network! You have started this already right here. Nothing will work better than being dressed sharply and walking in.

well to be honest... why bother posting job vacancies on a website when the only wayt to secure an interview is physically going there? But i can understand what you mean about securing a job. I would have to show my face atleast once before they will consider hiring me :).

I'll try walking in and securing an interview when i'm in Thailand. In the mean time I don't have a other option than to email as much as possible, if someone is interested in seeing my resume than i'm happy to send it :D.

It may depend on the school, but I very seldom interview people who just walk through the door. It's a major disruption to the work schedule. Usually, the most they will get is a cursory interview and then maybe a call back. First of all, we may not have an opening and second, you are looking for a specific type of work.

It doesn't hurt for us to see you and it doesn't hurt for you to see the school. It helps to know if it is located in an area that you are interested in living/working. Some schools want a demonstration class, some schools also have more than one person sit in on the interview.

So, briefly, use both the internet and pound the pavement, but don't expect one to work better than the other.