Phangnga Cable Or Satellite Possibilities?

mrjohn

Thinking of moving up to Phangnga province soon (not far from Phuket, hence the post here)

I checked out the local cable TV shop which offers nothing like the service available in Phuket. They had recently dropped BBC News as "nobody wanted it"!

Looks like satellite will be the way to go. However the local satellite shop seems constantly closed

Does anybody have any real first hand experience of satellite TV in the area?

Well no replies on this.So will try again. Shurely Somebody in Pangnga must know some thing.....

Not sure where in Phang Nga you're looking at, but here in Khao Lak there are two cable operators, both offer BBC in their program, as well as several english movie channels.

I used to use satellite exlusively until about three years ago, stopped because free-to-air offers almost only indian and chinese channels, and BBC is now encoded. You can certainly install satellite anywhere you want to, not sure how far the cable operators reach. If you're interested, i'll get you the telephone nos of the Khao Lak operators and you can ask them.

If you wanna go the satellite route, my old dish is for sale at a cheap price.

Hope that helps !

Mike

I built a place in Phang Nga across from the Yacht Haven Marina on the Phang Nga side of the channel. I put in a True Visions dish supplied by a dealer in Khok Kloi. They were efficient and did a nice installation. Contact me if you need more information.