Hat Yai - Nakhon Sri Thammarat Minivan Crash

callum06

I have just heard from a good friend that his sister in law was on a minivan from Hat Yai to Nakhon Sri Thammarat yesterday (Sunday 28th February) when it crashed off a bridge into a river. Lucky for his sister in law she survived but her friend and 6 others didn"t :) does anyone have any further infomation or news on this?? I have check "thairath" but my Thai isn't that good.

Thanks

7 Dead including an M4 student. Apparently the driver has gone over a bridge in Hatyai, 2 pickups had smashed together on the other side and the minibus driver had a choice of hitting the accident or turning away. The driver did the latter into a river, deeper than the mini-bus was high BUT he saved (went back - didn't do a runner) at least one person and he then presented himself to the local plod.

I'm not going to make any summarizations - accidents do happen.

Until the facts are fully known, I'll keep quiet.

the minibus driver, if he were alert and looked straight ahead as most of us drivers do....

the accident might have been avoided....

i was riding the minivan on the same route a few months back and

i was bold enough to tell the driver that he was driving too fast for public transport and

that he needed to slow down to keep us alive....

just yell to him.... KUP CHAR-CHAR NOI ! ( DRIVE SLOW SLOW PLS ! )

Thanks a lot. As my mate said, the driver was going too fast and i think playing with his telephone. SHOCKING.....

R.I.P to those who lost their lives in this tragic accident.

I am always very anxious when my wife takes a "lot tour", I think large buses are more safe ...

The driver of these minivans beleive too often they drive a sport car, the problem is that they are not (lousy brakes, lousy road handling etc ...)

:)

I am always very anxious when my wife takes a "lot tour", I think large buses are more safe ...

The only bus/van accident I've seen was a flipped over large bus just outside NST. It was on a straight stretch of the road and no other cars involved. I've got to assume the driver wasn't paying attention, drifted into the shoulder, and rolled it.

The only bus/van accident I've seen was a flipped over large bus just outside NST. It was on a straight stretch of the road and no other cars involved. I've got to assume the driver wasn't paying attention, drifted into the shoulder, and rolled it.

This looks like a "classic" case of felling asleep at the wheel !

On a Satun-HatYai trip, I once was slapping a taxi driver (from the seat behind) because he was felling asleep !

(it was his third day without sleep).

:)