One Night In Bangkok

nicholasmerwood

Hey guys,

Got less than 24 hours in Bangkok, arriving midday on the 14th of April (during songkran).

I wanna party in the BEST party zone of Bangkok. Not a red-light district but just heaps of pubs/clubs and maybe some girls for my mates too (i'm married).

I want to stay in a hotel nearby so we can basically walk to the clubs, or get a short taxi ride there.

I've been to bangkok several times but havn't really explored. Not sure if Songkran is busy in any particular area?

Any recommendations?

Book in for the night at the Hotel Atlanta on Sukh. Soi 2 so that you can quite happily stay home and watch television that night while your friends go out for a short walk to Nana Plaza and Soi Cowboy.

The Rajah Hotel is always there on their way back home if there is some company that needs to lie down along the walk. Hotel Atlanta doesn not accept random guests at night.

if you want busy and songkran fun then Khao san road would be a good place. really depends what your friends want, nana, cowboy. girl friendly hotels i would google that. nana hotel, dynasty, raja ,the stable, ambassador, marroiot, landmark, amari, holiday inn, furtune hotel, etc etc some will charge you for taking a girl back i find it easier to say double room 2 people staying. my and my friends favourite by a long way is Parkway right near nana bts station. one problem if you do not take back at least one friend they might not let you back in. :)

Edited by NALAK

If you want crazy chaos, (but fun if you're into it), I would also suggest Khao San. I don't normally like the place except for people watching, but during Songkran, the number of young Thai people outnumbers the foreigners, and it becomes a non-stop, crazy street party! I'm getting old so I can only handle it for one day, but it is definitely worth experiencing.

Khao San Road it is!

Any hotels recommended on this road? I have stayed at Khao San a couple of times before, but only in november/december never during thai new year.

Location is probably more important than cleanliness for this night of chaos!!

I don't think 'cleanliness' exists on KSR. :)

^ :) I agree, but the closest thing would be the Viengtai or that new one down the road a bit from Silk. Check out Agoda here, they might give you some ideas, but make sure that you book soon, and get confirmation from Agoda, and the hotel you're staying in. They will fill up quickly!

If they do, start looking at places nearby, I would suggest looking over the river into the Pinklao neighbourhood. That way you might get some sleep too! :D