Retirement Visa Monetry Question's

:D I maintain 400,000 baht in a thai bank, and bring in 40,000 baht every month as regulated. total 800.000

:D Is it posible to deposit 500,000 baht and bring in a lower amount,say 30.000 month total for year 300.000 bringing the combination to 800,000. With the down turn of the pound to baht, i have to use uk savings to make up the shot fall from pensions income. no problem as i have savngs uk and and an addtional sum in thailand. however regulations require a governent income of 40,000 min

I am married but would encounter the same problem' if applying for another mariage visa, which i dont wish to do.I should be in reciept of a uk dependant allowance having been married since 2002 but still await payment from uk WEP since 2004. reclaimed 2009 Who cares, now its heads up time and no i do not wish to deposit 800,000 , i have done that as well befor, dead money, :D:D thus was happry with 400.000 mariage plus 400,000 income, like wise when i changed to retirement. I am still married but having lived here for a long time decided as i got older, [with the danger's I have seen happening to friends also married] to change to retirement,some few years back, i still support my wife, her family and my own aid organisation [my money] but its getting difficult.i dont want to deposit any larger money in a long term account as i want to be able to get at my funds via an atm, instantly so is it possible to do as i ask please

and what do other Asian countries require for a long term stay might be time to move on :) thanks all Random

If you are here on an extension of stay based on marriage the requirement is 400,000 in the bank OR 40,000 income a month. Not both. Some immigration office also want to see a Thai bankbook with some money in it, but that doesn't need to be 40,000 a month. If you keep something like 20,000 in there it will be enough.

If you go based on retirement you can choose the combination of money in the bank and yearly income totaling 800,000.

In both cases income from abroad must be certified by your embassy. There is no need to bring that income every month into your Thai bank account.

There is no requirement to bring any set amount of money in.

The retirement requirement is income letter from your Embassy - not a bank book or money transfers. If using combination method it must meet the 800k per year total and there is no requirement for time in account for that portion.

If you are here on an extension of stay based on marriage the requirement is 400,000 in the bank OR 40,000 income a month. Not both. Some immigration office also want to see a Thai bankbook with some money in it, but that doesn't need to be 40,000 a month. If you keep something like 20,000 in there it will be enough.

If you go based on retirement you can choose the combination of money in the bank and yearly income totaling 800,000.

In both cases income from abroad must be certified by your embassy. There is no need to bring that income every month into your Thai bank account.

mario please read my post please random

If applying for a 12 month extension for retirement any combination of income and savings to make up 800,000 is OK.

A letter from the Thai bank is needed as evidence of bank balance.

A letter from the UK Embassy is needed as evidence of your income from abroad.

500,000 Baht in the bank and 30,000 Baht a month income would work.

There is no need to actually transfer the 30,000 a month. The Embassy letter is enough.

If applying for a 12 month extension for retirement any combination of income and savings to make up 800,000 is OK.

A letter from the Thai bank is needed as evidence of bank balance.

A letter from the UK Embassy is needed as evidence of your income from abroad.

500,000 Baht in the bank and 30,000 Baht a month income would work.

There is no need to actually transfer the 30,000 a month. The Embassy letter is enough.

[/quote :D ]=lite beer 2010-03-02 thankyou for understanding what i was asking,sir :) i have the answer to the question,now, :D how ever immigration at phuket still wish to see both, the letter from the bank. plus bankbook, shownig monthly income.as well as the letter from consul, so no problems thanks random

how ever immigration at phuket still wish to see both, the letter from the bank. plus bankbook, shownig monthly income.as well as the letter from consul, so no problems thanks random

If using the combination of income and bank balance they will need confirmation from the bank that the balance is actually there.

If you are saying that Immigration actually want to see your income going into the bank. That is not a requirement and they are inventing there own rule.