Two Wounded In Seven Bomb Attacks At Banks In Narathiwat

webfact

Post 1: After the bombings in Narathiwat early Tuesday, soldiers from a special unit used the GT 200 bomb detectors and signal jammers to screen all banks in Yala municipality. Officials are patrolling the areas although there has been no report of an attack in Yala so far. (TNA)

If I had of known the Thai government was that gullible I could have sold them a batch of my "Super Automatic Primary Explosive Seekers"!

post-63954-1267528809_thumb.jpg

Only $1999 for one pair of SAPES with a full set of instructions. :D

I heard that the original manufacturer (newly relocated just outside of Great Britain) recently announced that if you purchase and operate two matched and calibrated pairs of SAPES in close proximity to each other (while holding half a poached duck egg in your mouth and spreading Betel nut oil between the outer toes on your left foot), the percentage of successful detections dramatically shoots up from 20% (or less), straight to 20.000000000000000000000000000001% (or.. much less). Incredible, huh?? :D

Look. If a bunch of folks wanna believe in gypsy-routed superstition, hocus-pocus, magic, ghosts, and psychic nonsense, in the pursuit of winning the lottery & finding underground streams, for keeping jilted spirits at bay in a mini-house on the corner of their property, or to create believability that some monks can see the future & repatriate lost souls.. (and I truly love their creativity in this genre), then MORE POWER TO THEM..!! :)

But if they want to try to apply those beliefs (in lieu of scientific methods) to try to *detect* a pile of Simtex before it blasts a human body to red drippy shreds, spread across the walls and sidewalk..? They better have a REALLY good supply of bodybags. And some shovels and mops. And a sizable stack of official "We regret to inform you of the untimely death of ..." condolence cards. :D

They gonna need em.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Post 1: After the bombings in Narathiwat early Tuesday, soldiers from a special unit used the GT 200 bomb detectors...

... Only $1999 for one pair of SAPES with a full set of instructions. :D

You'd have won the contract: the units purchased by Thailand were a lot more money than that! :)

Edited by Jingjok

...Some of you readers on this forum totally get overboard with "tourists won't come to Thailand" or Thailand has become dangerous.."; meanwhile, meany of you choose to live in LOS and know how safe it is... :)

Right on! Bangkok is no more dangerous than other bigcities, and I'd say safer than many in the west. here you can walk the streets. in cities in the west, you cant even pass through some neighborhoods. anyway, bottom line its not that bad...especially like you said: all the expats that remain here. lots just like to moan and groan. can't guarantee safety anywhere in the world, unless you just live underground...in which case, start diggin' and stop whining

And I really don't understand why the leaders of the Reds are not immediately arrested and jailed based on "disturbing the peace", "on creating national havoc", "and creating conflict and disparity all over the country" ...it just surpasses me that they are blatantly advertising their intentions and announcing the dates of their marches and what not and nobody is stopping them.... It is obvious to me that what they want is = TO INSTIGATE A COUP ....that's exactly what this is leading to...! Prompt a military coup to make their point and gain advantage ....This is just all so shitty .......... and ludicrous as obviously nobody but nobody is in control here.... Even in the most Democratic Country, such blatant peace breakers would be stopped and not allowed to take on these threatening kind of actions and measures.... we are not talking about peaceful demonstrations here wherein democracy allows people to speak and voice their opinions and their discontent.We are talking about massive rallies and known Bombings which are not going to lessen. No other democratic country would tolerate this .... this is almost M&S from all sides ... the ones who like to torture and the ones that want to agonize ... ouf!!! they are all despicable .... all of them ! Yellow , red, purple ...whatever !

And I do not think this will have a happy ending for the expats living here ... at all!! And / or even for the local Thais

Sorry but I just don't have your Happy go lucky attitude of ..."hel_l it's not half as bad as it seems .... and you are all panicking and exagerating for nothing "

Let's just hope for the best is all I can say .... :D:D:D:D:)

Thailand really does want no tourists...

first mass protest and riot warnings

now bombings where you could lose your life or a limb just to get your money to spend here...

i guess an informed tourist is not looking thailand to come and spend their hollidays here

If this was a post about "tuk-tuk scams" or "bar girl scams" or some other tourist related post I could see your comment but COME ON. We are talking about bank bombings and TOURISTS are probably the last thing on the bombers minds.

But personal safety is one of the first things on the mind of a tourist traveling to Asia these days. And there will now be another round of "warnings" from the travel offices about safety in Thailand. The cumulative effect of all of these will make a difference to some tourists I'm sure.

Very sad time for the Land of Smiles I think.

I travel all over and come to Thailand once or twice a year. I believe this current trouble is a serious thing; it seems no one knows what will happen next. The possibility of a major incident is possible, maybe even likely. There are many wonderful places to visit in this world; I think I will stay clear of Thailand for now. :)

I travel all over and come to Thailand once or twice a year. I believe this current trouble is a serious thing; it seems no one knows what will happen next. The possibility of a major incident is possible, maybe even likely. There are many wonderful places to visit in this world; I think I will stay clear of Thailand for now. :)

Not to give you a hard time but to point out a few things

Thailand is safe as anywhere. Anything can happen anywhere. Even anywhere in the States or the EU. My sister called me after 911 and said "are you safe?". I said "ya I am in Thailand". Then she goes on "what do we do?" I said "buy a ticket and take a trip, don't give the asses the satisfaction."

There was a four page spread on tourism in Thailand in The Australian last weekend and the airlines are doing deals, so that should keep the tourists coming. They don't go to the southern provinces anyway.

The bombings which could scare the tourists are the ones in Bangkok. If they continue, that's a problem.

Lets hope Mr T never decides to fund the southern insurgency.

As for shirt colours, I notice HM wore pink when he went out for the day, so I'd say pink is in for the moment. :)