Thailand Refuses Visa To Dalai Lama's Sister

george

When it comes to this inland China issue, I am not in any hurry to support a part of their region to become more autonomous and yet again a religious and oppressive regime of perverted Buddhism...

I notice your tagline about freedom at the bottom of your posts. That's doesn't apply to Tibetians to continue to live as they did for thousands of years if that's what they want? They aren't forcing their so-called "feudalism" on anyone else.

Perhaps you should stop advertising freedom until you're ready to support it for others too.

If you think the people living under the local version of feudalism was living such in happiness, because free they where not!, then you are delusional.

Exchanging one oppression for another is not going forward in my book.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When it comes to this inland China issue, I am not in any hurry to support a part of their region to become more autonomous and yet again a religious and oppressive regime of perverted Buddhism...

I honestly don't understand what you're trying to say. What is 'inland China' and who has 'an oppressive regime of perverted Buddhism?'

Their MAIN worry is:

lose Tibet peacefully, and it's mineral deposits which they need badly,

Someone once mentioned that the Himalaya range, the mightiest mountains on the planet, serves as a pretty nifty security wall (another Great Wall of China?). If push came to shove and a major war broke out, it wouldn't be a bad place, strategically, to launch serious weapons.

If you think the people living under the local version of feudalism was living such in happiness, because free they where not!, then you are delusional. Exchanging one oppression for another is not going forward in my book.

Are there some non-Chinese justifying the invasion & take-over of Tibet because of the 'feudalism' thing? I say 'non-Chinese' because it's a given that all Chinese will echo the party line on whatever the politburo wants them to think. But come on my farang brothers, bantering on about Tibetan 'feudalism' is right out of Mao's Little Red Book. The same man who spread his VD to a slew of mid-teen virgins while his wife was weeping on the other side of the door.

Tibet was a relatively poor kingdom when it was militarily taken over by the Chinese in the early fifties. No one denies that. It was poor in comparison to modern countries, but it was and remains rich in cultural heritage. There are literally millions of westerners who are completely enthralled by Tibet and what its culture/religion has to offer. Not just in a carnival sort of way, but on basic practical levels. Mahayana Buddhism (Tibet's) could almost be termed a 'life saviour' for countless westerners (and others) who have problems in their lives (too much tension, anxiety, suicidal tendencies, etc.).

If China wants to justify taking over Tibet militarily because Tibet was (in their view) feudalistic, then China could find dozens of countries worldwide which are similarly fuedalistic or a lot worse. Somalia or Sierra Leone for example. Countries with no functional governments where murder is as common as eating at a restaurant.

Will China want to take over New Guinea or some Pacific islands, because they're not modern enough? Some people can justify anything at all, no matter how absurd or harmful, if they so choose.

Has China ever had a referendum asking the Tibetans if they want to be part of China? Will they ever do so? Of course not. It's still a crime, punishable by hard time in prison, to even carry a small photo of the Dalai Lama. Hundreds of monks and nuns are rotting in Chinese dungeons for just that sort of thing. Is that better than feudalism? You tell me.

Exchanging one oppression for another is not going forward in my book.

Your perception of what is, and what is not, "going forward" is irrelevant. It's not up to you, or the Han Chinese, to decide whether the Tibetan way of life is how they should live. It should be up to them.

Really, I think you should take that "freedom" bit off of your ID. It makes you look a right fool.