Evernote And Reqall

TheLaughingMan

If you don't have evernote and reqall on your iphone go google them now to read up on them, very useful apps, I'll give a quick rundown here. Both apps are free but offer premium versions for a low price although the free version is still great.

Evernote is a notes app very much like Onenote. Evernote can sync your notes with its online storage cloud and with your multiple pcs or macs and phones of various brandnames. Take a note on your iphone and it will send it to your pc and be waiting for you there when you get home. Or go to an internet cafe and visit the web version of evernote to access your notes from any pc anywhere. You can put picture files and audio files etc in evernote notes as well as search your notes and even search text inside picture notes. You can also clip entire webpages directly into evernote with the press of one button and have those pages available any time although links will only work with an internet connection. You can easily organise your entire life into evernote and because it syncs with all your devices you will always have your notes available no matter what device you are currently working on. The premium version allows you to put word/excel files directly into evernote notes as links you can open within the note.

ReQall takes your voice recordings and converts them to text. It can be used as a todo list but I use it to make notes and quickly jot down ideas I need for work when I suddenly get inspired in a taxi or on the BTS, no typing required, just press a button and it records your audio input, then sends it to ReQalls servers for text conversion, then sends it back to your phone and also saves it in your web version of reqall which you can access anywhere. The premium version which I decided to pay for (100 baht per month) allows you to sync reqall with outlook and EVERNOTE. So using both reqall and evernote I am able to get my work ideas into evernote quickly without typing. I am also able to make new tasks on my outlook tasks list just using my voice. Reqall is very good at turning my voice into text and doesnt make any errors usually unless I am unclear or use a name out of the ordinary (Thai names will be a problem).

There are actually many more features for both programs but these were my favourite.