Resufacing A Concerte Driveway?

I am thinking of having my 5 year old Ugly Gray Concrete resufaced with the colored and textured stuff just to improve the looks of the place...

Interested in hearing from anyone who has done this as to their results and also the possible costs involved... If it makes any difference, I live up in Isaan, but a decent sized city..

Pianoman

Rather than go with that textured surface, have a good look at tiles, specifically the non-skid textured tiles. We did our drive way and surrounding areas with non-skid tiles 9 years ago and still looking good.

Gave some thought about using tiles, but thought that the cost would be much greater as the area is 14 meter by 80 meters...

Pianoman

Rather than go with that textured surface, have a good look at tiles, specifically the non-skid textured tiles. We did our drive way and surrounding areas with non-skid tiles 9 years ago and still looking good.

Gave some thought about using tiles, but thought that the cost would be much greater as the area is 14 meter by 80 meters...

Pianoman

I guess you are asking about sandwash. Two ways to do it.

Mix stones with concrete, and then wash off and finally clean with acid. approx 200 baht sqm for small areas with patterns, yours should be less.

Add stones to layed wet concrete. less durable, approx 100 baht sqm.

for a driveway sandwash is much better than tiles, easy cleaning, absolutely non slippery, easy repairs if needed

I guess you are asking about sandwash. Two ways to do it. Mix stones with concrete, and then wash off and finally clean with acid. approx 200 baht sqm for small areas with patterns, yours should be less. Add stones to layed wet concrete. less durable, approx 100 baht sqm.

for a driveway sandwash is much better than tiles, easy cleaning, absolutely non slippery, easy repairs if needed

easy cleaning? :D you must be joking! :)

I guess you are asking about sandwash. Two ways to do it. Mix stones with concrete, and then wash off and finally clean with acid. approx 200 baht sqm for small areas with patterns, yours should be less. Add stones to layed wet concrete. less durable, approx 100 baht sqm.

That's what I thought as well. Easy cleaning if you use a pressure washer perhaps?

That's what I thought as well. Easy cleaning if you use a pressure washer perhaps?

pressurewasher, of course. if something is stained, soak in laundry-detergent mixed in hotwater for 30 minutes before pressurewashing.

but usually a hose cleans a driveway sufficient to look ok.

I have 76 sqm beautifull 60x60 cm shiny creamcolored tiles in my garage, and sandwash driveway. guess whats hardest to keep clean from bike and car tyres etc?

Stamp concrete pattens was around 400 baht a meter when I was thinking about doing my drive, wife thinks closer to 500 baht a meter now.

Cement with color in it is a lot cheaper and can be patterned to look like stones or crazy paving, ferrous oxide is used for the color and the workers will then pattern it using sticks or steel. I have some of that but it does crack.

Cost very low.

I looked at all the above and more besides and ended up using tiles, huge area looks good and very easy to clean.

post-22250-1267689214_thumb.jpg

Stamp concrete pattens was around 400 baht a meter when I was thinking about doing my drive, wife thinks closer to 500 baht a meter now.

Cement with color in it is a lot cheaper and can be patterned to look like stones or crazy paving, ferrous oxide is used for the color and the workers will then pattern it using sticks or steel. I have some of that but it does crack.

Cost very low.

I looked at all the above and more besides and ended up using tiles, huge area looks good and very easy to clean.

You're right, Looks Awsome, but I am sure that the costs are way more than I want to put into this project... Sounds like it is the Sandwash process for my current uses and budget... I already own a small preasure washer, so do not mind using it a few times a year or as needed..

Thanks all for the input and info...

Pianoman