A Good Earner

bunnaag

It was the second time in my life that I locked the car with the key inside.The worst part was I could not put the blame on my wife who was standing beside me grinning.The first time was 40 years ago in Tasmania in the central part where I was making a geological map for the Department of Mines.I n this case I managed to push in the small mirror on the front door and I could get the keys out.I had a spare key at home but I would have to wait for the bus and then travel 3 hours including the return trip.As we were discussing what to do the guard of the hospital parking area passed and my wife asked him if he knows somebody who could help.He directed my wife to a locksmith shop approximately 100 meters away and said that it is not unusual that people lock their keys in and the shop owner could always solve the problem.He came,looked and picked successfully the lock within 10 minutes.

The price for the success 500 Bath.

I locked myself out of my apartment once after coming home from the gym. The office which has a spare key was shut for the night. Security called a guy from up the road who turned up absolutely mullered. Even in that state it took him about 10 seconds to pick the lock. If I'd had a couple of hair clips I could have done it myself.

Anyway off he popped, Bt 500 richer. Apparently he does pretty well out of our apartment block :)

Different, though similar-ish, example.

We had some work done on the car, and the next day it just refused to start in a car park about 30km from home. We phoned the garage that had done the work at 10pm, he phoned someone he knew who lived closer who got out of bed to come to look at it. He ended up hot-wiring it to bypass an electrical problem, though he went back to his garage first to get some fuses to replace a dodgy one. Total time for him was about about an hour and a half.

He asked for 100 baht.

We gave him more.