90 Day Report @ Chachoengsao

After having to change Immigration offices from Aran to Chachoengsao, this was to be my first at this location.

Had all copies of requested pages from the passport and my TM-47.

The building from the outside looks like it was vacated years ago & the parking lot was empty. ( this was at 11 a.m )

Was begining to think I went to the wrog location until I saw the black immigration vehicle.

I entered the office and I noticed approx 8 to 10 immigration officers and a few females sitting at various desks.... everyone and everthing stopped whatever they were doing at stared at me. It was dead silent for a few seconds. I was the only customer there.

"90 day report" I said.

Two officers approached me and took my forms, one offered me a seat. The other rapidly checked my paperwork and handed me back every copy stating " you don't need these"..Ok. That was first in over 2 years of doing 90 dayers..

They took only my TM-47..stamp,smile stamp, smile, stamp... done.

6 minutes.

4 of those minutes were of the officer trying to pronounce my middle name.

Excellent service.

Next is my annual extension due in May, same office unless the game is changed again.

A positive/pleasant experience. :)

They don't allow it to do it by mail at that office?

Unknown. I was in 'n out so fast I forgot to ask.

Since it was my 1st time reporting at this office and the fact that my OA extension is due in a few weeks, I thought some face time with them was in order so they hopefully remember me when that's due.

I'm going to call and ask them about if I can mail the next one to them ( the 90 dayer, that is..)

My middle name is quite difficult I guess.. Allen.

gpdjohn: Maybe you can help Maestro with the ThaiVisa Google map which shows the 'provisional' location of Chachoengsao immigration office, as is not one we receive many reports for. If you have GPS co-ordinates that would be very helpful, or else comments as to whether the current place marker (see link below) is in the right place. Maybe you could take a digital photo next time too, and I am sure Maestro will give you acknowledgement for that. Thanking you ...

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&amp...016512&z=17

Two officers approached me and took my forms, one offered me a seat. The other rapidly checked my paperwork and handed me back every copy stating " you don't need these"

I only give them the TM47 form, and passport which they hand back after checking it against the form.

You don't need to give them any other document or paperwork.

Yes, please, John, your help in pinpointing the exact location on the map would be greatly appreciated. Thaivisa makes this easy look-up tool available for it:

http://directory.thaivisa.com/geocode.php

Zoom in and move the map around as necessary, click on the building of the Chachoengsao immigration office, copy/paste the coordinates into your post.

--

Maestro

Here's the grid cords ( as close as I could find since the aerial I'm looking at is from 2006 )

I might be a buliding or two off, but this will get ya there.

13 41' 26.91" N

101 04' 30.51" E

Hope this helps.

Two officers approached me and took my forms, one offered me a seat. The other rapidly checked my paperwork and handed me back every copy stating " you don't need these"

I only give them the TM47 form, and passport which they hand back after checking it against the form.

You don't need to give them any other document or paperwork.

I always had to provide copies of pages from my passport, photo page, latest arrival stamp, departure card, visa extension, when reporting at Chiang Mai and Aran and was handed things back once in CM when I had left out a page... so, in my experiences this has not been the case.

I always had to provide copies of pages from my passport, photo page, latest arrival stamp, departure card, visa extension, when reporting at Chiang Mai and Aran and was handed things back once in CM when I had left out a page... so, in my experiences this has not been the case.

Strange - I only give them that stuff when getting a new extension. The 90 day report is usually a 5 minute job or less.

When Phuket used to re-stamp the old report slip, it was very quick indeed. But after somebody had problems with the airport immigration officers, Phuket immigration went back to doing it by the book.

Here's the grid cords ( as close as I could find since the aerial I'm looking at is from 2006 )

I might be a buliding or two off, but this will get ya there.

13 41' 26.91" N

101 04' 30.51" E

Hope this helps.

Thank you, gpdjohn. I have now moved my place mark for the Chachoensao immigration office to the coordinates you indicated.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en&i...mp;t=h&z=17

--

Maestro