How Do You Become A Tourist Police?

gravion

I am definitely not a huge fan of cops, or do-gooders who like to butt into other people's business...

But I think volunteering to be Tourist Police would be rather rewarding. They seem to help tourists with small problems and resolve communication breakdowns. It seems like a pretty good way to pass the time. I would rather do that than be a school teacher.

I doubt that they get any of the under the table perks regular cops get. Everyone knows these guys have no power or authority to do anything.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am definitely not a huge fan of cops, or do-gooders who like to butt into other people's business...

But I think volunteering to be Tourist Police would be rather rewarding. They seem to help tourists with small problems and resolve communication breakdowns. It seems like a pretty good way to pass the time. I would rather do that than be a school teacher.

I doubt that they get any of the under the table perks regular cops get. Everyone knows these guys have no power or authority to do anything.

And some of the TPV's are school teachers as well.

I think it would be fun,

Just like playing Cops and Robbers when you were a kid!

Yeah, your right, that was fun too. So which one are you? Oh wait...I know already. :)

That was probably a brilliant response (apart from the spelling mistake of course) but I am clearly not as smart as you and need it explaining to me........ so what did you mean?

I think it would be fun,

Yeah, your right, that was fun too. So which one are you? Oh wait...I know already. :)

That was probably a brilliant response (apart from the spelling mistake of course) but I am clearly not as smart as you and need it explaining to me........ so what did you mean?

Hmm...should have been "you're" instead of "your." Is that the misspelling you're referring to? Make sense now?

I think it would be fun,

I think he was trying to say that your a douchebag, but i couldnt be sure

I think it's a mixed bag of reasons for the males, some of them not so good as repeated ad nauseum so far. However, for the lady volunteers, they do it because they really do care. There are not enough female police volunteers and they are needed. Based upon my observations, the girls are more effective, more helpful, more conscientious and even respected. These are the people that provide important assistance when a tourist is sexually assaulted, or there is a serious injury/accident/illness. If you were a 21 year old kid that was assaulted by some drunk, would you rather talk to someone that looks like someone's mum or sister, or a creepy puffed up guy? I reckon there would be fewer image problems with the TPV if an effort was made to recruit women.

Yeah, your right, that was fun too. So which one are you? Oh wait...I know already. :D

I think he was trying to say that your a douchebag, but i couldnt be sure

:):D

I've never had an issue with the TPV, and have always found them helpful. At Cm Zoo I have seen a few female TPV as well as males. I really do not understand why people on this thread seem to have grouped together and lead an onslaught of abuse against a group of selfless, unpaid, individuals who (having no police powers) are there to help foreign people in this country when the nightmare strikes. Do you also sit outside churches attacking clergy and charity workers too - they must be doing it because of some immoral alterior reason too, surely? How about boy scouts that come collecting for jumble-sales, theives/con men? Sheesh, talk about mob rule!

Edited by wolf5370

I've never had an issue with the TPV, and have always found them helpful. At Cm Zoo I have seen a few female TPV as well as males. I really do not understand why people on this thread seem to have grouped together and lead an onslaught of abuse against a group of selfless, unpaid, individuals who (having no police powers) are there to help foreign people in this country when the nightmare strikes. Do you also sit outside churches attacking clergy and charity workers too - they must be doing it because of some immoral alterior reason too, surely? How about boy scouts that come collecting for jumble-sales, theives/con men? Sheesh, talk about mob rule!

Because they all fear and despise anyone in a uniform because they have never done a selfless act in their lives and couldn't relate to it.

The TPV's are foreign security guards, nothing more sinister than that. They are a great idea. They help tourists and they love them. That's all that matters.

Edited by ScubaBuddha

All these negative posts, now look here, l am Ex SAS and haven't waisted anybody in a long time, so l myself was wondering about being a V. Policeman. Kick ass and stuff, so lets have some real info chaps to help the guy (and me). :D

dear mr dodge, could you please explain what is actually involved in 'waisted' anybody? Do you actually remove their hips or something or just hang on?? :)

Guys apply to be a Micky Mouse cop with the Farang police, because the status acts as a substitute for their lack of ability to perform with the ladies.

I'm not so sure about that.. the 2 I know do VERY well with the ladies..

I can't help thinking that all the fuss about the volunteers, whoever they work with and for, would be easily resolved if instead of dressing up as stormtroopers they simply wore, say, a white anorak/windbreaker emblazoned with Tourism Authority of Thailand Volunteer over their normal civilian clothes.

Undoubtedly some (but not all) would leave, but on the other hand others who are not egomaniacs, dreamers or downright certifiable would probably take their place and do a more acceptable job.

Edited by JohnLeech