Thailand Land Lobbyist Webpage

peder.klockmann

What should be the domain?  

5 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It would probably build more "group spirit" if you asked the members of your group what to call it instead of you suggesting your ideas to them. What I want to know is who will hold the money and who will decide what to spend it on and who will approve what is posted.....you know....who has control here?

It would probably build more "group spirit" if you asked the members of your group what to call it instead of you suggesting your ideas to them.  What I want to know is who will hold the money and who will decide what to spend it on and who will approve what is posted.....you know....who has control here?

I could be wrong but, I thought when I put in the "other suggestion" entry, was for recieving their input... :o

Well probably the Treasurer would hold the money. I assume it would have to develop into a type of "club" with meetings. Including billets. Such as: President, Vice President, Treasurer, ect... you know what I'm getting at. I belive all of this can better be hashed out over a Wiki style format to form all of our details in an organised manner, rather then searching through posts. Kind of like a collaberative brianstom area.

Nominations, votes, the whole nine yards. All you need is an open mind and a venue to share your ideas in an organised format.

I can smell it in Chaing Mai Jai Dee !  What on earth are you eating??

I think it was the lamb chops I had for dinner last night... washed down with a bottle of Wynns Cab Sav Bin 888... arroy mak mak!!!

:o

Back on topic, I share the same concerns that Chownah has... who has control, who holds the money, who authorises expenditure... etc.

And I strongly disagree with any proposed organisational name that uses the word farang.

It seem that most peoples concerns are about money. :o

Who has the money, who has the power? We would have the money, we would have the power! As, a group, not a mass of blind individuals. A sense of comrodery between all members of the group would in essance be established. We would be working as a team for one or more common goal(s).

Rather than just present a problem, why not offer your own thoughts on a solution as well? I understand that some might be very uncomfterble with someone else holding their $50 USD (2,000 Baht rounded figure) investment. What possible solutions are out there?

Well we could have multiple members on a joint account. All money transactions (withdrawls I think are your main concerns) must be approved by all members on the account. Maybe, we should look into registering the organization as a Buisness, and open a Buisness account. Is there any other ideas?

Who has the money, who has the power?  We would have the money, we would have the power!  As, a group, not a mass of blind individuals.  A sense of comrodery between all members of the group would in essance be established.  We would be working as a team for one or more common goal(s).

Rather than just present a problem, why not offer your own thoughts on a solution as well?  I understand that some might be very uncomfterble with someone else holding their $50 USD (2,000 Baht rounded figure) investment.  What possible solutions are out there? 

Well we could have multiple members on a joint account.  All money transactions (withdrawls I think are your main concerns) must be approved by all members on the account.  Maybe, we should look into registering the organization as a Buisness, and open a Buisness account.  Is there any other ideas?

Good post. I'm glad to see you are talking about these issues here where they will mostly go unnoticed by Thai officials.....of course if I were PM of Thailand I'd have someone from my intelligence branch keep an eye on TV. Squabbling over these kinds of issues in public would be just about the most UnThai thing I can think of and would surely destroy your chances of developing credibility with Thai people.

Who has the money, who has the power?  We would have the money, we would have the power!  As, a group, not a mass of blind individuals.  A sense of comrodery between all members of the group would in essance be established.  We would be working as a team for one or more common goal(s).

Rather than just present a problem, why not offer your own thoughts on a solution as well?  I understand that some might be very uncomfterble with someone else holding their $50 USD (2,000 Baht rounded figure) investment.  What possible solutions are out there? 

Well we could have multiple members on a joint account.  All money transactions (withdrawls I think are your main concerns) must be approved by all members on the account.  Maybe, we should look into registering the organization as a Buisness, and open a Buisness account.  Is there any other ideas?

Good post. I'm glad to see you are talking about these issues here where they will mostly go unnoticed by Thai officials.....of course if I were PM of Thailand I'd have someone from my intelligence branch keep an eye on TV. Squabbling over these kinds of issues in public would be just about the most UnThai thing I can think of and would surely destroy your chances of developing credibility with Thai people.

Correct

.....of course if I were PM of Thailand I'd have someone from my intelligence branch keep an eye on TV. 

Good point... I'd say the mods/admin are watching too, so take care with what you post. :o

Whoops... just saw your post Doc. :D

Edited by Jai Dee

Good post.  I'm glad to see you are talking about these issues here where they will mostly go unnoticed by Thai officials.....of course if I were PM of Thailand I'd have someone from my intelligence branch keep an eye on TV.  Squabbling over these kinds of issues in public would be just about the most UnThai thing I can think of and would surely destroy your chances of developing credibility with Thai people.

I don't look at having Thai Visa or our own Organizations website as being the front, or extent of our effort. I see it as more of a breeding ground for ideas and solutions.

I see it as a way to collaborate and figure/find out:

What are our goals?

Why do we want to achieve these goals?

How can we achieve our goals?

What problems will we face when trying to achieve them?

What we will do to solve the problems that will arise?

Who (exactly) will we present our cause to?

When will we plan on taking our course of action?

Where will we start?

edit = punctuation

Edited by peder.klockmann