Shredded Coconut

sirbrinkie

Good luck - I have never been able to find any. One year I got it through a large Hotel here. I have bought some with me from Oz before as well but I have since given up! If anyone does find any PLEASE put it up here.

I want rum balls!!

yes - it is dessiccated coconut.

Michaelaway - I even tried to tell the the guy scrapes the white meat for the "milk" in the market that I wanted the flesh but he thought I was mad and wouldn't sell it to me. That was with a Thai translating! But as she didn't understand why I wanted it, it was impossible.

Aussiechick was on the right track.Too bad about the communication thing. Many wet markets throughout Asia have the coconut guy. His business is grating the coconuts and pressing it into coconut milk (where a little warm water is added ) or coconut cream which has no added water. I use it frequently to make my own virgin(calm down!) cold pressed coconut oil. VCO. They usually sell or even give away the shredded coconut after expelling the cream. Usually to a chicken farmer for feed. Try again Aussiechick.Try to do an American accent. I can't imagine them not selling you some...

Edited by bunta71