Partner Keeps On Receiving Calls From An Unknown Man

MaiDong

Mental hospital?.. you still haven't read the thread properly have you, it's all in there...

maybe she is making it all up as a way of seeking attention from you ?? this could be the case especially as she has a history of mental illness..... have you actually witnessed the calls yourself or does he only call when you are not there... :) maybe you need to sit down and talk to her... good luck !

Where is all this mental illness stuff coming from?

TROLL.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

have you actually witnessed the calls yourself or does he only call when you are not there... :) maybe you need to sit down and talk to her... good luck !

William, have you actually read the thread from start to finish? It's all in there...

Look!!! This is simple!

Don't respond to any numbers that are unknown. This is exactly what I have been doing for years & I only get calls from people I know.

If one day someone says to me, "I tried to call you several times but your phone didn't answer", I ask them if they changed their number. Invariably they did change their number in which case I ask for their new number & all problems are solved.

Now, what's so difficult about that?

BTW, you may like to instruct your GF on how to decide/choose to NOT be offended by things. Once you unlock this secret for her, her life will change dramatically. :)

Edited by elkangorito

She WAS ignoring them but they kept on waking her up at silly times of the night, it's not hard to understand the effects of this is it? That's why we're looking for another way to get this stopped.

BTW, you may like to instruct your GF on how to decide/choose to NOT be offended by things. Once you unlock this secret for her, her life will change dramatically. :D

<deleted> is this about?? Instruct my GF - she's not a pet! Wouldn't it be a wonderful world if we could just instruct eachother on how to ignore the inconvenient things in this world.

You and/or your partner might have never had calls like this before, if you had then you might know how it can affect you, I found it funny at first, my partner didn't, it amde her shake, she's very sensitive - maybe I should smack it out of her :)

I dunno know about you or anybody else but I switch my phone off at night...I couldn't care less if it's my mum & she's on her deathbed...I'm sleeping & that's it!!!

Then again, my whole family share this attitude :)

I refuse to be a slave to an electronic device. How desperate are people if they must answer every call at any hour of the day or night?

BTW, if she feels threatened by these calls, contact the police AND keep refusing to answer the calls.

Edited by elkangorito

BTW, you may like to instruct your GF on how to decide/choose to NOT be offended by things. Once you unlock this secret for her, her life will change dramatically. :D

<deleted> is this about?? Instruct my GF - she's not a pet! Wouldn't it be a wonderful world if we could just instruct eachother on how to ignore the inconvenient things in this world.

You and/or your partner might have never had calls like this before, if you had then you might know how it can affect you, I found it funny at first, my partner didn't, it amde her shake, she's very sensitive - maybe I should smack it out of her :)

Delete "instruct" & insert "inform". Is that better?

No, I have never had calls like this...probably because I don't answer unknown callers. :D

Its not rocket science. :)

Obviously for some people, it is.

BTW, I love your signature, Never :D

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." Albert Einstein.

Edited by elkangorito

Obviously for some people, it is.

BTW, I love your signature, Never :D

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." Albert Einstein.

Thankyou, I like your avatar......is he talking to me? :D

No, it's not, but there are other reasons why she can't turn off her phone at night, everybody is different, of course, if she didn't need to have the phone on at night she would've turned it off.

Anyhow, I thank everybody for their suggestions, I'm going down the road of retaliation so I'm going to offer his phone number to as many different places as I can, it may not stop the calls(haven't had any since last night when thread was started, coincidence?) but it is making us laugh here.

What are unwelcome calls?

• when someone hangs up when you answer.

• when someone rings you and is silent.

• hoax, obscene, abusive calls or text (SMS).

• repeated calls from a fax machine/modem.

You do not have to put up with unwelcome calls.

WHAT CAN YOU DO WHEN YOU RECEIVE UNWELCOME CALLS?

• Hang up on the caller immediately.

• Use an answering machine or voicemail to screen callers.

• Use calling number display facilities to screen calls.

• Compile a list of unwelcome calls and contact your phone company about the list. They can forward calls to an answering

machine or voicemail, or block the selected numbers when someone on the list calls you.

• If unwelcome calls are from a fax machine, divert the calls to a fax machine to identify the calling fax.

• On some mobile phones, callers can have different ring tones to screen calls. Some phone companies can give different rings to numbers on your house phone.

• It may also be possible for someone to download information stored on your phone using Bluetooth, without you knowing.

Bluetooth cannot be traced by the police or your phone company. If you have a phone with the Bluetooth feature, the only way to protect against this is to turn the Bluetooth feature off.

• Change the service number and have the new number unlisted in the directory.

From http://www.law.unsw.edu.au/centres/klc/doc...Phone_Calls.pdf

Many phones have a function to select different ringing tones for different caller. Record silence for 2 seconds and use that as a ringing tone for that guy

or change the sim card and give the new number to the doctor of that hospital only and explain why (hopefully it's not him)

or change the sim card and the hospital

or let a lady boy answer :)

Many phones have a function to select different ringing tones for different caller. Record silence for 2 seconds and use that as a ringing tone for that guy

I'll have a look at her phone again, it's old and I couldn't see that function on her phone last time I looked, but again, we want him to stop, IF it is the man in the hospital and IF he is a little bit mental then he may not just stop at calling, he'll know our address already and that is more worrying than the calls that we have BEEN IGNORING FOR NEARLY A MONTH.

Excuse me if I'm repeating something that's been suggested on previous pages, as I'm not feeling all that well today and consequently lazy, but I had an idea that just might work.

It will require the assistance of a colleague on the night shift at the hospital, and any old cheap mobile phone and another simm card. Swap the simm cards between the phones, so that your Missus' number is transferred to the new phone, but the contacts remain in the current phone. She will need to call the contacts and let them know of the new 'temporary' number, but hopefully that can be done fairly smoothly.

It would also be good if the colleague/s at work can impersonate her voice reasonably well over the phone, and then any calls that come in overnight that are legitimate, the colleagues can pass on the message on her new 'secret' number (including legit' calls from work), while any dirty calls from this stalker can be recorded via speaker straight to any handy computer with a microphone, and it never has to leave the hospital.

Sorry if it's been suggested before, and I realise it requires some expense and planning, but it's rather nasty business for all concerned, so you might have to take some serious steps to overcome it. Another one might be for her to change tack, and invite him out for drinks somewhere and poison his whiskey.

Excuse me if I'm repeating something that's been suggested on previous pages, as I'm not feeling all that well today and consequently lazy, but I had an idea that just might work.

It will require the assistance of a colleague on the night shift at the hospital, and any old cheap mobile phone and another simm card. Swap the simm cards between the phones, so that your Missus' number is transferred to the new phone, but the contacts remain in the current phone. She will need to call the contacts and let them know of the new 'temporary' number, but hopefully that can be done fairly smoothly.

It would also be good if the colleague/s at work can impersonate her voice reasonably well over the phone, and then any calls that come in overnight that are legitimate, the colleagues can pass on the message on her new 'secret' number (including legit' calls from work), while any dirty calls from this stalker can be recorded via speaker straight to any handy computer with a microphone, and it never has to leave the hospital.

Sorry if it's been suggested before, and I realise it requires some expense and planning, but it's rather nasty business for all concerned, so you might have to take some serious steps to overcome it. Another one might be for her to change tack, and invite him out for drinks somewhere and poison his whiskey.

Sneaky thinking! There is one lady who works there, a very nice lady, I suggested to my partner that she asks for her help in some way, I'll look into it :D

BUT, surely that'd enrage the man :)

We've got a little boy here and we're more worried about anything happening to him than us, you may say I'm being a bit paranoid but I know what goes on in some of these peoples minds, we all know from the horror stories that are on the news here regularly.

Edited by MaiDong

I'll have a look at her phone again, it's old and I couldn't see that function on her phone last time I looked, but again, we want him to stop, IF it is the man in the hospital and IF he is a little bit mental then he may not just stop at calling, he'll know our address already and that is more worrying than the calls that we have BEEN IGNORING FOR NEARLY A MONTH.

More ignoring required...obviously. I cite "Occams Razor" in your case:

"Entities must not be multiplied beyond necessity" and the conclusion thereof, that the simplest explanation that explains all the data or strategy tends to be the best one.

More ignoring required...obviously. I cite "Occams Razor" in your case:

"Entities must not be multiplied beyond necessity" and the conclusion thereof, that the simplest explanation that explains all the data or strategy tends to be the best one.

There's no need to be a smart-arse about it, most of us know that the most simple solution is often the best. :)

My concern is my partners well-being, she is not taking this very well, it is her phone so it's her decision about how to handle each call, I asked on here for suggestions from the lads(& eek) on how they'd deal with it in their own way - I was looking for amusing replies - and got some!

We've got a little boy here and we're more worried about anything happening to him than us, you may say I'm being a bit paranoid but I know what goes on in some of these peoples minds, we all know from the horror stories that are on the news here regularly.

In that case, it might be best to move to a new town and her find a new job.

My concern is my partners well-being, she is not taking this very well, it is her phone so it's her decision about how to handle each call, I asked on here for suggestions from the lads(& eek) on how they'd deal with it in their own way - I was looking for amusing replies - and got some!

How strange!!! :)

She doesn't work, she looks after me :D

Seriously though, I'd LOVE to move to a new town, preferably one in the hills, but I can't see that running away form our life is the right choice :D

Strange? Some of the other posters replies made her laugh too, is that bad?

...or maybe even a different country.

Or better still, buy the phone company & prevent this malicious caller from being a customer.

Or call the police.

Jesus wept!!!

You are just taking everything I say and twisting it, you are the definition of a TROLL. can you just leave this thread? Please? It doesn't work like that does it :D

...or maybe even a different country.

Or better still, buy the phone company & prevent this malicious caller from being a customer.

Or call the police.

Jesus wept!!!

Are you on medication? I'm not taking this as seriously as you are and it's originally my concern...

She doesn't work, she looks after me :D

Seriously though, I'd LOVE to move to a new town, preferably one in the hills, but I can't see that running away form our life is the right choice :D

I'm sorry. I thought I read somewhere back on page 3 or 4 that she can't change her number because if she did and she gave it to the hospital then he'd get it from them. I assumed that she's working for the hospital, (hence the poison the whiskey idea) but only began reading mid page 3 and haven't perused the entire thread. My apologies.