Leading Thai Movie Star Arrested For Drugs

webfact

Sounds as though someone had some sort of score to settle with him.

Report a teenage drug party, guaranteed to get the Police to his room pretty smartish.

Or sounds like someone went to the press with the story

and the reporter said, it's a bigger story if we drop a dime on him.

Either way a disgruntled or scared. 'friend' in his entourage is likely.

If he was smoking a spliff this wouldn't have been news,

but speed is another matter entirely. He was on the downward spiral for sure,

if this was nipped in the bud, and his being made a very public example of stops

a few kids from going the same route, then good.

totally agree

Wow big crime doing some drugs.. come on the guy did not harm anyone to pay for his habit.

But ok this is Thailand and drugs are bad.

Hope he enjoys he 20+ years in BKK Hilton or is there dual punishment one for rich and famous and then for Mr average. He is a druggie and no room for him on earth.

I wonder why i bother to read this nonsense and stupid veiws from arsewipes.

okay so he had a small bag...and crystal meth is not by any means really hard-core. it wasn't as if he was selling it...probably will just receive a slap on the wrist though.

Crystal methadrine is most certainly hardcore, what planet are you on?

It is the main precursor to Yabaa,

and even back in the 60-70's was considered more of scourge than heroin,

because it led to much more violence more often.

It is the precursor of Ice,

which is basically speed, done like cocaine is made into Crack.

Smokable and super strong in one hit, but fades fast demanding: More! NOW!

It also can stop your heart in a few seconds of the hit is too big.

It creats SEVERE paranoia and forms of temporary psychosis too... not pretty.

Very, very, very bad business. Don't fool yourself for a moment about this.

Edited by animatic

okay so he had a small bag...and crystal meth is not by any means really hard-core. it wasn't as if he was selling it...probably will just receive a slap on the wrist though.

Crystal methadrine is most certainly hardcore, what planet are you on?

It is the main precursore to Yabaa,

and even back in the 60-70's was considered more of scourge than heroin,

because it led to much more violence more often.

It is the precursor of Ice,

which is basically speed, done like cocaine is made into Crack.

Smokable and super strong in one hit, but fades fast demanding: More! NOW!

It also can stop your heart in a few seconds of the hit is too big.

It creats SEVERE paranoia and forms of temporary psychosis too... not pretty.

Very, very, very bad business. Don't fool yourself for a moment about this.

Beat me to it "crystal meth is not by any means really hard-core" I was ROFL, Sorry, but you got to be high to say that.

I once asked a young Marine in rehab if he thinks he is an addict. He was sure he was not. I then asked him how it was made and after he explained it I again asked. "Knowing that and you still use it your not an addict?" After thinking a minute he said " Well maybe"

Wow big crime doing some drugs.. come on the guy did not harm anyone to pay for his habit.

Hope he enjoys he 20+ years in BKK Hilton or is there dual punishment one for rich and famous and then for Mr average. He is a druggie and no room for him on earth.

Yes, how dare he have a personal experience that doesn't affect anyone else. We must only use the drugs big brother tells us we can use and none of the others.

I just believe people are free to take drugs (talking recreational use here). Where i am from weed is legal and taking xtc you wont get prosecuted if you have a lil bit of the stuff.

Yes and take a close look as to in what a mess your country is yet.I thought I read somewhere that they would try to tighten it up again as they see it runs out of hand.

They are tyring and i hope they fail.. my country has less drug users then most places in the world percentage wise.. beat that..

What kind of mess are we talking about ? crime rates like in the US ?

Eejot, everywhere illegal 'drugs are bad'! Not just here!! Prat.

I just believe people are free to take drugs (talking recreational use here). Where i am from weed is legal and taking xtc you wont get prosecuted if you have a lil bit of the stuff.

Anyway i don't take drugs here.. im just a liberal and see that people who don't harm others while taking drugs should be left alone if recreational use.

This is just my view of it, however if your killing stealing..ect to maintain a habit its a totally different ball game.

Its not like Thaivisa users are such angels look at how many do drunk driving.. i think that as a lot more dangerous then taking some drugs in your room.

What you do in private is up to you, but when:

- There's the possibility that you (movie star) influence impressionable teenagers to think that drugs are 'cool', etc, or

- If anybody drives while until the influence of drugs or alcohol, and hits my car and injures my kids,

then i'll demand jail forever.

And just for the record, I don't drive when i'm drunk.

I must agree with the part where he is rich and famous and should set a good role model. I would not encourage people to use drugs.

I agree about the second part too but using drugs when your alone or with friends is not a big problem. It is when you start driving and that is real bad drugs or alcohol.

Anyway i don't do drugs, but i just have an other view on it im a hardcore gym rat so no drugs for me.

Maximum sentance for a thai first offence class a is 50,000bht and/or 1 year in jail. Not nice but could straiten a person right out/ not want to go back. Then again one might meet all sorts of unsavoury carracters and go even deeper as with a criminal record will be largely unnemployable. Hes famous and rich though, so maybe a fine and no jail time i reckon

You liberals should take a closer look at the crime reports. I'd guess that 3 out of four thieves that are caught reported that they were stealing in order to support their drug habit. Not hurting anyone? Thailand needs another big drug dealer purge.

He clearly does not need to steal to support his habit.

And the reason some people have to steal to cover their drug habit has more to do with high prices due to the drugs being illegal and the market in the hands of criminal organizations, not from drugs in themselves (even if they are) are dangerous.

Otherwise I hope you are for criminalizing alcohol and tobacco too.

Yes, how dare he have a personal experience that doesn't affect anyone else. We must only use the drugs big brother tells us we can use and none of the others.

Well this time might not have affected anyone else,

but then again someone MIGHT have dropped that dime on him

BECAUSE his use affected them badly.

Some drugs with some people are serious problems

and reasonably handled most of the time by most people.

Alcohol being most obvious example.

Some drugs without any doubts become long term problems

for almost EVERY user, and their circle of friends, family and work environments.

Meth is one of these.

We must only use the drugs big brother tells us we can use and none of the others.

If you can say the above statement then you clearly have NOT seen what the vast majority of restricted drugs can do.

And believe me i am NOT a goody two shoes, repressed ,moralist trying to lard my morals on others.

I have seen first hand the damage from most drugs out there,

I have seen a NYC crack head stab his friend 2 meters in front of me,

grab the mini-vial of rock from his friends hand as he lay sobbing,

and smoke it next to his friend lying there... I know they WERE friends,

because I passed them going to work for about 4 months, till this incident...

ICE aka smokable Crystal Meth is MUCH worse than Crack

Some drugs are just so bad,

'never be NEAR anyone, ANYONE you know is using them...'

That bad. Meth in ANY mixture is one like that.

If you have ever really seen this, then your comment would never have been said.

Edited by animatic

UPDATE

Kornsake gets bail in drug case

By The Nation

gallery_327_1086_1362.jpg

BANGKOK: -- The Criminal Court yesterday granted bail to Channel 7 actor Kornsake "Andrew" Kronin, who was arrested on Friday for allegedly possessing crystal amphetamine and testing positive for use of the drug.

The court had earlier approved a police request to detain Kornsake until March 17, as police had four more witnesses to interview while also awaiting forensic-test results and criminal-background checks.

The actor's relatives later applied for bail. The court accepted the plea on the payment of Bt10,000 deposit. Kornsake has been ordered to return for court hearings on April 23.

The actor was then taken away immediately by his friends from an army of reporters.

Upon getting a tip-off about a drug party, police said they raided a room at Palm Sweet Condo in Bangkok's Bang Khen district and found Kornsake there alone with a small bag allegedly containing the drug. He claimed the drug belonged to his friends and he stayed in the room as his own was under renovation.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2010-03-07

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

You're having laugh aren't you. Crystal Meth not hardcore? Think you need to do some reading .

Well if hes a TV Star he could be seen as some kind of Role Model for the more impressionable masses - and its not like he was toking on a Joint or something, hes doing a serious class-A Drug (where i come from)

Prosecute according to the law, if the press coverage is enough to make at least one teenager NOT start taking drugs - its worth while.

Does that actually make sense to you? Can you rationally see a teen seeing that and thinking that in any way?

Seriously?

http://www.salon.com/opinion/greenwald/2009/03/14/portugal/

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article....criminalization

The war on drugs will always fail. It's an industry which doesn't produce anything for the good of th economy, I mean how do you make money off taking other peoples shit and destroying it all the time and locking them up? Can't sell their organs, although that'd be a good deterrent I could see some of you advocating.