What Does It Means When An Issan Girl Says She Learned Her English At A Factory She Previously Worked At?

kites

Hi, I have been reading the forums on and off since past week. So can you tell me generally what the writer of the post means when he writes: "she said she learned her English while working in a factory"

Edited by kites

I would imagine the poster would have difficulty believing the girl learned English working in a factory, and may have learned it in a previous place of employment.

The girl to save face wont admit to having worked in such an establishment, so says she learned English working in a factory.

Perhaps the English teachers could advise, how many of them are employed to teach factory workers English?

Foreign companies have factories here where some of the office staff are English-speaking. So perhaps she worked with them.........or perhaps she simply worked in a factory where Filipinas were employed alongside Thais ( Filipinos are poorer than Thais so they come here to work sometimes). So she may have picked up Filipina-accented English.

However it's a bit hard to interpret this sentence out of context.

Edited by Latindancer