Garbage Dump/recycle Dept

Spoonman

Over time I have purchased quiet a few items and as such I have kept all the boxes.

They are annoying me and I want to dispose of them but putting them out for the normal garbo collections is not very appealing as I dont want to advertise to the neighbourhood the contents of my house.

Any Ideas ?

Where i live guys come around buying cardboard recycle. But i always find one of the guys who go through garbage bins for bottles and cardboard and give it them . They are very thankful.Collapse the boxes before you give to them they donot care what was in before just want the money for selling them. I usually give them all my recycle.

well... lets look at the topic...

you are at home with a number of empty cardboard boxes of expensive electronic goods which you don't want to display in the front of your house in your garbage and you can't figure out how to get rid of them discreetly without asking on a public forum...

Sounds rather unbelievable to my rather simple logic.....unless of course you are trying to hide your alcoholic habits ..of 10 Chang large a day.

Edited by William Osborne

by your logic of breaking them down they are still in front of my house, please explain how this answers my question.

I have 4 options.

1. burn them.

2. dump them on the side of the road.

3. leave them for all to see the contents of my house by putting them out front.

4. Dump them responsibly at a refuse collection point.

Options 1, 2 and 3 are not really an option, how bout being proactive on TV rather than being the resident idiot for a change.

Was my original question that dumb ??

Edited by Spoonman

There must be recycling guys come down your soi. Flatten the boxes leave in your house when the recycle guy is on your soi bring out and give to him. If you want to make a few satang he will weigh all of it and pay you for it . This is so simple.

Some of theses guys are in old pickups some have carts behind motorcycles you cannot miss them they are around everyday.

They will take your bottles to plastic or glass.

Edited by lovelomsak

I live in a gated village and work has me away from home between 6.00am and 7.00pm......

There must be recycling guys come down your soi. Flatten the boxes leave in your house when the recycle guy is on your soi bring out and give to him. If you want to make a few satang he will weigh all of it and pay you for it . This is so simple.

Some of theses guys are in old pickups some have carts behind motorcycles you cannot miss them they are around everyday.

They will take your bottles to plastic or glass.

Ask the quard at the gate if he knows anyone who can take it away for you in the evening or weekend. He can probably get someone he can call after you return home in the evening. I should add in my opinion anyone living in a gated community shouldnot have to worry about neighbours knowing what they have in their home. If anything others will just judge what you have and think they either have better in their home or envious. Isnot the idea of gated communuties to provide safety for those living there. You give good reason to stay away from such a place if you cannot even let your neighbours know what you own. I quess no neighbour parties where you live huh.

How well "secured" the gated community is has nothing to do with it, I would never let a complete stranger into my house to let them view its contents so why would i put it all on display out the front.....

Its a pretty simple question though and im sure there is such a place located somewhere in Pattaya, hopefully someone on TV has the answer.

How well "secured" the gated community is has nothing to do with it, I would never let a complete stranger into my house to let them view its contents so why would i put it all on display out the front.....

Its a pretty simple question though and im sure there is such a place located somewhere in Pattaya, hopefully someone on TV has the answer.

Sorry I wasnot questioning the secured aspect of the community I was talking about your neighbours. Those complete strangers you may have lived beside for years and may live beside for years to come. I see why some people come to thai visa for advice. They donot even consider neighbours as anything more than complete strangers.

lol, the thread is turning from a simple "wheres the local dump" thread into a psycho analysis thread on how people view their neighbours.

Neverdie, yes that is an option however before doing that i would like to seek out other options as I would prefer to not add to the roadside garbage mess that I already see in my travels thru out Thailand.

Edited by Spoonman

Somebody give this guy and address for a recycle shop. It appears that is what he wants but doesnot state it.

Maybe a map too.

Oh yes the recycle shop should be open before 6am or after 7 pm

Edited by lovelomsak

I thought I stated in the title Im after a recycle depo or garbage dump.....weird, seems some cant read.

but yeah, if someone has a map, would be muchly appreciated.

Edited by Spoonman

ok buddy, i'm gonna help you here....

1. Break down the said cardboard boxes

2. Put them in the back of your car/ truck.

3. Drive up Sukumvit towards Bangkok/ Pattaya hospital.

4. Immediately as you pass the hospital there is road to you left on a 45 degree angle. Take this and there is a massive recycling compound about 20 yards up the road.

5. Drop of said boxes.

6. Collect 20 baht of the recycle value if you want.

Hope this helps ..

4. Immediately as you pass the hospital there is road to you left on a 45 degree angle. Take this and there is a massive recycling compound about 20 yards up the road.

5. Drop of said boxes.

Hope this helps ..

He's probably going to ask you to do the job for him. :)

Holy shit, I got the answer (potential) I was looking for, sweet jesus there is a god after all.

Nerverdie, I can do it my self thankyou, I travel suk road everyday on my commute to and from work.

Edited by Spoonman

5. Drop of said boxes.

Hope this helps ..

He's probably going to ask you to do the job for him. :)

He has replied so quickly and abrubtly up till now when being unhappy with the help he was receiving. Now he should have the answer he was looking for where is his thank you. I quess complete strangers donot deserve such niceties

^hes probably the other poster whos got the constipation threads running now. Seems strange how they started one after each other.

surprised the mods are out tonite, should of left me some controls to play with :)

don't be fooled by those scruffy re-cyclers.... i hear they all carry I-Phones which can transmit GPS location of cardboard boxes of electronic goods disposed by wealthy falangs.... which is transmitted to the local "Cardboard" Mafia Dons who exchange this information (for drugs or prostitution services) to the local "House Breaking" Mafia who then send their soldiers to rob said house... :)

FOUR flaming posts and replies deleted, sheeez!!!

Next time we start with the name calling gonna be handing out some warnings.

Is it time to close the thread or do we want to discuss cardboard box disposal and rubbish tips further?

FOUR flaming posts and replies deleted, sheeez!!!

Next time we start with the name calling gonna be handing out some warnings.

Is it time to close the thread or do we want to discuss cardboard box disposal and rubbish tips further?

Most likely boozed up members after a Saturday afternoon on the sauce, venting their lifes frustrations out on innocents giving friendly advice :D

Back on topic, I think its great the amount of re-cycling Thailand do... Could teach the Europeans a thing or two... get the lazy azzed welfare leeches out on the streets collecting garbage in exhange for their dole :)