Scorpion At The Garden

Few minutes ago I've catched a scorpion in our garden. It was approx 5cm long, and dark brown. Is that possible there are more? Our house is in a well developed area, not in the jungle.

post-98357-1267978178_thumb.jpg

Edited by dorsia

don't worry most are not deadly anyway. and they don't really sting that often. you should be mroe worried about bees and mosquitos and malaria and engy fifa and wahts the other 1 oh yes piggie flew.

By rule of thumb , The bigger the claws the less pain you will get, The smaller the claw the bigger the sting , Most scorpions are not deadly, If you have an allergy, or old or a bad heart, then maybe you will have a problem,

Yes, there are more scorpions in your garden. If not this moment, then tomorrow and the weeks after. In the city, irrelevant. Always be careful picking things up. They like to sleep and hide in the shade, so they end up under things. I had a friend that was stung when he lifted a rolled up carpet in his house. He picked up the scorpion at the same time he lifted the carpet and was stung on his wrist.

I live in a developed area (Ubon) and also see scorpions occasionally in my car port or cooler moist areas. I wouldn't be too concern unless you have small children. What I worry about are the snakes - slithering in the urban yards as my neighbor has already

seen 2 snakes in his yard.

By rule of thumb , The bigger the claws the less pain you will get, The smaller the claw the bigger the sting , Most scorpions are not deadly, If you have an allergy, or old or a bad heart, then maybe you will have a problem,

I have read, the fatter the tail the more serious the sting, which mkaes sense because the poison sac size depends on tail size.

In 20+ years at my house in a not so much developed area with many trees and plants we had outside the house 2 or 3 scorpions, about 3 cobras (1 very large), sometimes harmless tree snakes, 2 huge hornets nests and a lot of centipedes.

Inside the house we had once 1 monitor lizard and on a regular basis centipedes of any size.

I have read, the fatter the tail the more serious the sting, which mkaes sense because the poison sac size depends on tail size.

I thought that this was the case too. A friend of mine was stung by a small scorpion here on Kohphangan. It was on his finger and he said that it felt like an electric shock. Luckily a local ran off into the trees and came back with a leaf or two, mashed it up and rubbed it on the sting, the swelling went down very quickly and he was fine within hours.

Thailand doesn't have lethal scorpions, like Morocco fo example. Unless you have a bad condition or are alergic. The sting is nasty all the same.

Tigerbalm gives some relief.

whooo hoo scorpians rule. sorry had a homer simpson moment

Thailand doesn't have lethal scorpions, like Morocco fo example. Unless you have a bad condition or are alergic. The sting is nasty all the same.

Tigerbalm gives some relief.

whooo hoo scorpians rule. sorry had a homer simpson moment

Their stings ain't that bad; Scorpion sting

My wife came in the house a while back and had one of the big black scorpions on the big end of a fly swatter. I quickly told her to take it back outside. She came back in and told me the big black ones only sting like a bee. She did say the little brown ones have a more powerful sting. Snakes and spiders don't bother her either. About the only thing she is afraid of is centipedes.

My wife came in the house a while back and had one of the big black scorpions on the big end of a fly swatter. I quickly told her to take it back outside. She came back in and told me the big black ones only sting like a bee. She did say the little brown ones have a more powerful sting. Snakes and spiders don't bother her either. About the only thing she is afraid of is centipedes.

When I lived in southern France, the locals said the red ones give you a headache and a swelling but look out for the white ones: they are very nasty!

When I lived in southern France, the locals said the red ones give you a headache and a swelling but look out for the white ones: they are very nasty!

I had the difference experience with French red-heads, the swelling fits but not the headache. thinking.gif

I had the difference experience with French red-heads, the swelling fits but not the headache. thinking.gif

Red Heads? Are we talking about ladies or scorpions? :) Or are they the same thing???? A swelling and then a headache :D

Edited by screamingeagle