Looking To Rent Car To Take Off Island

Can anyone help?

I'm looking to rent a car for 2 days to drive to Suratthani and back. I'm going to pick up a motorbike so my girl is going to drive the car back. My truck is manual which she can't drive.

So we're looking to rent an automatic car. Are there any places that will let you take the car off the island?

Thanks in advance,

Matt.

avis, budget. both have offices in the airport. they have them around the island aswell but easier to find in the airport. budget is cheaper. u don't leave passport. u leave a credit card deposit which they put back on your card when u rtn car. thats if not damaged. they also come with inssurence normally 5000 baht access but if u pay afew more hundred baht there is no access. saved my in bangers when i went into the back of some rich limmo. :)

Paul at the Picnic Basket may be able to help

He has an expat eatery in Bangrak and also does car hire

It's on the main road (Beach Road) If you were driving from Big Buddha it's on your left green and yellow signs, just after the 1st 7/11 on your left.

Just a thought mate ...if you have a pick up truck then wouldnt it be easier to put the bike in the back. Or if not for some reason then why not get a bus there if you are going to ride it back anyway.

HL :)

Truck has an electric bed cover fitted to the back, there's no way a bike would fit in, even with it fully up. I don't fancy taking it off either.

I'll rent from Budget or Avis at the airport (means I can leave my truck there)

Thanks for the heads up!

Matt.