What To Things To Take With Me From Thailand?

FuninPlural

As I prepare my departure from this country on Wed. I'm making a short list of what I need to takle with me. I should get some tiger balm (it being available everywhere in Thailand should make it really cheap, right? I will buy some dessert gelatin (as this is not found easily or affordably in Japan). What else should I take with me that is a real bargain in Thailand?

Even if you don't smoke (especially!) fill up your new suitcase with boxes of marlboro lights from foodland and sell them when you get back to Tokyo. You'll be quids in and can treat your Japanese gf to the finest sushi! :)

Try duty free shopping at the departure hall at suwannabhumi airport, take you time and hang around, make sure, and don't forget to ask for an extra discaunt, if you don't get it, cancel and go to a another reputable tax free shop, this can bee an experience for life. :)

Jim Thompson pillowcases. They're about 1000 baht each for the silk pillowcases and 600+ baht each for the cotton variety. But they're light to carry and look great. I've seen some on ebay back home (Canada) but the styles were old. Much greater variety if bought in Thailand.

Wow!!!

Some great answer here (sarcastic). I think the Op was looking for information, not for bashing.

A little respect goes a long way

This is true, I would've still liked to read the posts with the flames in them though. I get a laugh over being attacked over the net.

Perhaps a few shirts and a pair of jeans or two if you can fit them in your suitcase. Clothes are fairly good quality and relatively cheap compared to Australia, although I don't know about Japan, but assume things there are on par with Australia in general.

Don't forget to pack away a couple of 20 and 50 baht notes if they're in good condition, because I read somewhere on here that they're changing to coins this year. A couple of lucky charms shouldn't take up too much room if you're suspersitious superstitious like I am, and maybe one or two of the main English language newspapers as mementos, especially at a time like this.

I must say I'm going to miss your entertaining threads, even if you do tend to ask so many silly questions. At least you break the monotony. Stay in tough with the forum when you get back home, and bon voyage.

:)

<ed: typos>

Edited by SeanMoran

Ok mate,the one thing you should always take from your travels are your memories good and bad! These make every future journey easier from the information you have learnt along the way.

I hope you enjoyed yourself on what finances you had,i am sure you the experience will help you on your future travels.

Take stock on one thing at least you have still got your head and heart in tact! as so many of the people who slated you on here have had experiences to the contrary in Thailand before you.

Good luck.

Take some chilli home with you....light,cheap and expensive in many countrys other than Thailand, or a picture of the King. :)