80y Old Thai Woman Nabbed Selling 'Ya Ba'

webfact

80-year-old nabbed selling 'ya ba'

By The Nation

CHON BURI: -- An 80-year-old woman was arrested early yesterday for selling ya ba - methamphetamines - to support herself.

After undercover officers bought three ya ba tablets from Waen Srisuk for Bt740, the old woman along with her 39-year-old daughter Sompit Srisuk were arrested at their home in Soi Thammawittaya in Chon Buri's Sattahip district.

Officials also arrested Namfon Soisuwan, 27, a suspected customer, and confiscated six pills found on the premises.

Waen said she had brought the drugs from Sompit for Bt200 per tablet, and sold them for a Bt50 profit each to cover her expenses. She said her daughter bought the drug for Bt160 per pill from a local dealer who goes by the name "Chae", or Surapol Buddharaksa, 52.

There is an arrest warrant out for him at Plu Ta Luang precinct.

Waen said she had been sentenced to 11 years and four days in jail for dealing heroin in 1994, and found life behind bars more comfortable compared to life outside prison, as she lived alone with none of her 17 children or grandchildren to look after her.

She said she hoped she could spend the rest of her days behind bars.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2010-03-09

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

What a sad story all round. Her actions seem driven by loneliness and desperation but I doubt she'll receive any sympathy (she doesn't want any by the sounds of it). At least she'll have her daughter to keep her company.

:) 17 children and not one takes care of her? How is that possible?

maybe I'm just too harsh but...

It sounds quite possible that she wasnt the best mother you could have.

To me it sounds like she spent most of it on her back, probably smacked out, and how many different fathers. even if thats not true , not very responsible to have 17 kids without means to support them.

What a sad story all round. Her actions seem driven by loneliness and desperation

I concur. Sad indeed.

Theres some fairly sad stories out there, people with really difficult lives, fortunately they don't all resort to drug dealing to get through it. :)

Its easy to sit back and be critical but one can't help but wonder how on earth she reached this point.

To me it sounds like she spent most of it on her back, probably smacked out, and how many different fathers. even if thats not true , not very responsible to have 17 kids without means to support them.

^^^^^^^^

The OP states "17 children or grandchildren" i.e. 4 or 5 children, each with 2 or 3 of their own equals 17.

Perhaps you would like to retract your juvenile comment that she is a smack head with kids from innumerable different fathers. Just what shred of evidence do you have to substantiate your 'facts'? Is it your natural response to think the worst about everyone?

Would the world be a much better place if perhaps we all aspired to your level of intelligence and achievements?

^^^^^^^^

The OP states "17 children or grandchildren" i.e. 4 or 5 children, each with 2 or 3 of their own equals 17.

Perhaps you would like to retract your juvenile comment that she is a smack head with kids from innumerable different fathers. Just what shred of evidence do you have to substantiate your 'facts'? Is it your natural response to think the worst about everyone?

Would the world be a much better place if perhaps we all aspired to your level of intelligence and achievements?

Seems odd that your talking about intelligence marty, when you havent yet figured out how to use the quote function. :) Of course, no offence was intended by me pointing this out to you.

Well what to say about this...

Hopefully she find a wheelchair friendly jailhouse... Guess she will only become worse there and sooner or later start terrorising the whole compound :)

Elderlies... watch them !

I don’t buy this story….read between the lines.

80 year old suspected drug dealer caught by Officials in Sattahip

On Monday Morning we joined a team of local government officials and Royal Thai Navy Narcotics Officers as they conducted a raid of a house thought to be occupied by three drug dealers.

The day began with an undercover operation whereby an operative purchased drugs using marked bank notes from an 80 year old female suspected drug dealer, Khun Wan. During the subsequent raid, her 39 year old daughter, Khun Somkit was also arrested along with a suspected drug buyer, Khun Namfon aged 27. A total of 9 Yabba Tablets were seized during the operation.

story (pictures) continues: pattayaone.net

What a shame.

And by that I mean the poor fools that bought ya bah for almost 30% higher than the going street value.

Joke... :D

At least theres very little chance she will be a flight risk. :)

Maybe we should nickname her "Deals on Wheels."

"Rolling Remedy?" "Disadvantaged Dealer?" "Primordial Pusher?"

Dont get offended, she WAS dealing drugs, so take it easy on me.