Frenchman Fleeced In Phuket Banking Bungle

webfact

SCB demands 100.000 baht in a locked account for a falang to get a credit card.

Not true in all cases...

Absolutely - where did you get THAT info??? They don't give high credit limits but they slobber at the thought of passing out another credit card to anyone! :)

There is an easy way to avoid getting emptied out like this guy did actually. If you have online banking access, you can simply have the bank send you an SMS to your mobile whenever a withdrawal on your account has been made. So literally within seconds, you can see if there is suspicious activity. :)

Can anyone called "Thurdsak" be taken seriously.

yes indeed sir, it was Turdsak's brother Chitsak who flung dung at P.M.Abhisit's residence. :)

And the less said about their "sister", Nutsak, the better.

Edited by ballpoint

yeah but he hasn't actually done anything wrong the bank made the error like cash machines that started paying out money randomly in the uk...he shouldn't have spent all that money though 

Actually, spending money you should have realized you didn't have access to goes under fraud laws and you are still accountable for it.

like I said ' he shouldn't have spent all the money though' and are you talking about thai law? the main country where accountability for ones actions doesn't actually exist. Don't just speculate... is it actually an offence under thai law..if it is fair enough

"The real Claude Prigent had better watch out. he will be on some kind of watch list, and when he extends his visa or enters the country after leaving I would expect him to be arrested. And then he can explain that the other Claude Prigent is on the list, not him, etc. "

Would it even be possible to get a letter from the Police and immigration explaining the ID theft and problems? I could see this haunting the real guy for years.

SCB demands 100.000 baht in a locked account for a falang to get a credit card.

Not true in all cases...

Absolutely - where did you get THAT info??? They don't give high credit limits but they slobber at the thought of passing out another credit card to anyone! :)

I had an SCB gold card within two weeks of arriving in country, A real one, not a prepaid one as stated above.

yeah but he hasn't actually done anything wrong the bank made the error like cash machines that started paying out money randomly in the uk...he shouldn't have spent all that money though 

Actually, spending money you should have realized you didn't have access to goes under fraud laws and you are still accountable for it.

like I said ' he shouldn't have spent all the money though' and are you talking about thai law? the main country where accountability for ones actions doesn't actually exist. Don't just speculate... is it actually an offence under thai law..if it is fair enough

ahh no reply yet?maybe we are not such an authority on Thai law after all?..if you ask me this story stinks to high heaven - more likely to be localised branch based fraud than anything else...my two penneth anyway...