New Policy At Chamchuree

Researching this topic on TV, it seemed that this place would issue 90 day permits and re entry permits to anyone, regardless whether you had your extension issued at chamchuree or not.

Was hoping to get a re entry permit.

No go!!!!!

As of Monday march 8, another policy change!!!!!

You can now only get a re entry or do a 90 day report if your extension was issued at Chamchuree.

Now have to make the trip out to Chang Wattana.

Our friends at immigration making things easier for us again :)

Yes was also in place Friday - but at that time there were not crystal clear whether requirement(for 90 day report) was just where last 90 day report was made, or whether it was where visa extension was made. http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/90-Day-Repor...re-t345647.html

It now seems clear that it is where visa extension was made, meaning Suan Plu for most, and therefore Changwattana from now on.

Clever way by boss to direct all the non-BOI "mortals" to Changwattana. Personally I wil mail it in, in the future. Too late this time though.

Cheers, Ben

Yes was also in place Friday - but at that time there were not crystal clear whether requirement(for 90 day report) was just where last 90 day report was made, or whether it was where visa extension was made. http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/90-Day-Repor...re-t345647.html

It now seems clear that it is where visa extension was made, meaning Suan Plu for most, and therefore Changwattana from now on.

Clever way by boss to direct all the non-BOI "mortals" to Changwattana. Personally I wil mail it in, in the future. Too late this time though.

Cheers, Ben

Are they allowing the 90 day report of residence to be done by mail ? The last time that I asked this question at Suan Phlu (about 5 yrs. ago), they told me that those of us who live in Bangkok have to report in person.

There is also the practical matter of where to get a copy of their form. I don't know if they would accept a simple typewritten statement of my address with the date and my signature on it, or if they absolutely require that it be on their form ?

90 day reporting by post at Suan Phlu was always a ‘no’ if you asked before, but applications by post were not rejected. Since 90 day reporting was allowed at local immigration offices, the workload at Suan Phlu decreased significantly and applications by post officially accepted. That position has continued with the new office at Chaengwattana.

The requirements for mail-ins of 90 day reports are detailed on the immigration website, but have not been updated:

1. Copy of all passport pages (up to the latest arrival stamp in the Kingdom or latest visa stamp)

2. Copy of arrival/departure card TM. 6 (front and back)

3. Previous notifications of staying over 90 days (if any)

4. Completely filled in and signed notification form TM. 47

5. Envelope with 5 Baht stamp affixed and return address of foreigner for the officer in charge to send back the lower part of form TM. 47 after having received the notification. This part must be kept for reference and for future notifications of staying over 90 days.

6. The above mentioned documents must be sent by registered mail and the receipt of the registration kept by the foreigner.

Send the mail before the renewal date 7 days to ….

Note:

- Immigration is now asking for envelope with 10 baht stamp affixed

- Paperwork should now be sent to your local immigration office. Strongly suggest use EMS to mail-in the paperwork so can track delivery.

- Report must ARRIVE at local immigration office by the due report date (there is no 7 day extension for mail-ins)

http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/en/base.php?page=90days

http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/download/pdf/tm47.pdf

I can also confirm this, after making the trip out for my 90-day reporting today. :)

I didn't check TVF yesterday before I went out to the old BOI office on Pahon Yothin, so I was turned away then. Then today I went to Chamchuree expecting to be in and out as usual, but I got the same "You go Chaeng Wattana". It's getting harder to keep my cool...

Tomorrow I'll try to make the trip out early, and get this finally finished. So far I've spent about 4 hours and around 500 Baht in transportation. Coming from Pinklao is not easy, so I think I'll send by mail next time as well.

Does anyone know if we can do our year extensions at Chamchuree? My first year on this Non-Immigrant ED visa is almost finished, and I'd rather set myself up for 90-day reporting there rather than the Chaeng Wattana office that is half way to Ayutthaya!

Prior to the changes in the last few days, Chamchuree Square handled 90 day reporting for those living in Bangkok. Other services are only for those specifically authorised to use that facility. So Chaengwattana will be your port of call for your extension of stay.

Tod; first thing they said to me was that I had to go Chang Wattana as it was where I did my last 90 day report. On Fri they were all confused themselves though, as they at the same time said I had to do the 90 day report where I did my extension. For most (non BOI companies) that means Chang Wattana. In short; I am 99% sure you need to go Chang Wattana - but give it a shot! :) Cheers!

What if you have already done ONE (or more) 90 day reporting at the (old) Phaholyothin Road One-Stop-Shop :)

Can you still report at the new location (Chamchuree) or is it now just out at Changwattana?

What if you have already done a 90-day-report at Chamchuri?

Is there any reason to believe that they would not do so again?

(non-BOI bhoy here)

Cheers

I did my last 90-days report at Chamchuree.

Now I need a re-entry permit (no 90-day report). Can I still do it at Chamchuree?

It would be helpful if you made it clear when you did your last 90 day reporting.

Chamchuree Square changed its policy on who they will deal with, as of 08 March last.

If you did your 90 day reporting before 08 March and your visa extension was not issued under B.O.I. (Board of Investment) regulations, Chamchuree will refuse your application for a re-entry permit and tell you to go to Cheang Wattana.

If your visa extension was issued under B.O.I. regulations, then you will be allowed to apply for a re-entry permit at Chamchuree.

You can always go to Suan Phlu Immigration office on Saturday morning, between 8:30 and midday and apply for a re-entry permit there. I did mine last Saturday morning; no problems, anybody can apply there. Although it has been pointed out that it is for Foreigners who had their visa and/or extension issued in Bangkok only. I cannot verify that.

Frm-Bkk

• 3 months later...

Can second this experience yesterday (Mon March 8). Witnessed a number of people being told "new law" and "you go Chaeng Wattana" .. much to everyone's bemusement.

With all this help the foreigner attitude,I just did my first 90 day report by mail.Glad they stopped it at the one stop(My favorite place for 90 day).I avoided mail because of my very thick passport,just got a new one and will mail from now on.They stopped it at the one stop,reason,too many people using it.Only a government would think that way.Thank you for being lazy. :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy: