Anti-gay Laws And The Politics Of Disgust

Jingthing

I would be the first to admit that the majority of Christians are anti-gay, not only in the USA. The Catholic Church is opposed to homosexuality... but there are associations of gay Catholics. Much of the Anglican communion is anti-gay, especially in Africa.... but there is a gay bishop in New England, a Lesbian bishop in California, and there would have been a gay bishop in England if the man concerned had not refused the bishopric as he didn't want to be a stumbling-block to other Christians. None of this is particularly surprising; gay intercourse was only decriminalised in England in the 1950s, I think, and it is still criminal in several African countries (I don't know the situation in the USA). Changes in public opinion take time, and you cannot expect the change from criminal status to full acceptance to be completed in a single lifetime.

It was decriminalised in England and Wales in 1967. There's been a remarkable change in attitude to homosexuality in the UK over the past 15 years.

:) And millions that are not.

From the Southernn Baptist Convention, the largest Protestant body in the US, website:

We affirm God's plan for marriage and sexual intimacy – one man, and one woman, for life. Homosexuality is not a "valid alternative lifestyle." The Bible condemns it as sin. It is not, however, unforgivable sin. The same redemption available to all sinners is available to homosexuals. They, too, may become new creations in Christ.

You seem to imply that they have no right to their opinion of what defines a moral life.

I don't see that. He's expressing his disagreement about an issue.

I was a heterosexual Southern Baptist for 25 years. I know the basis of the doctrinal statement of their theology, which is the Bible. "One man, one woman" is not supported by one scrap of Scripture. Southern Baptists are polygamists in practice, and they put their penises in warm places other than their wife's vagina, without sinning unless they married other women. And they don't repent of polygamy.

politics is the new religion, it's a shame polertitions can't discard the past but use it to justify there positions

they have no guts to shed themselfs of the herteric and be humans with rights for all. One day we will see a free gay American president but i guess not in my life time.

In the mean time I shall go about my life as I do, anti christ anti mohamed and anti any kind of organised group of will imposing nutters.

It's my life after all.

my spelling sucks but that's the rum

Edited by paulfromphuket

You seem to have read more into my post than was there. I was pointing out to PB that there are still many christians who do not accept homosexuals.

The Southern Baptists are free to believe and to worship as they like, that is their right and I would never take that away from them. I also would not take away the right of others to question the SBC beliefs.

It works both ways you see.

After reading back through the last few posts, you're correct...I jumped to a conclusion.

Indeed, you just said that there are still many who don't accept.

• 2 weeks later...
Just to get things back on topic :D

The part where she describes the man's penis wiggling around in excrement and then asks if she would allow that to be done to her, all the while the fat guy with he jowls next to her isn't paying attention.......

Honey, take whatever you can get. :)