Getting Uk Visa For Thai Girl

Hello,

I am thinking of coming to BKK to help a girlfriend get a tourist visa to visit me in the UK.

I can provide all relevant documentation to show I can fully sponsor her, but:

a. Does she need to have funds in her account as well?

b. She did work illegally in S. Korea some years ago and was removed, is that going to make it pretty much impossible to get her into the UK?

I've looked on the UK border agency website and the UK Embassy in BKK website and can't really see answers to these questions.

I don't want to make all the expense of a trip over if she cannot ultimately get a visa to visit the UK.

If anyone can help it will be much appreciated.

First of all your girlfriend will have to declare that she broke immigration rules in South Korea and was removed in her application, and whilst all applications are considered on their merritt, that will certainly be taken into consideration.

I presume that as you are considering the expense of a trip to Thailand to assist with the application that you are considering sponsoring her, in which case she doesn't need a wad of cash in her bank account, in fact a sudden influx will probably ring alarm bells with the ECO who considers her application.

Basically she needs to to prove that the trip is genuine, affordable and she will return at the end of her stay. If you are sponsoring her, you both need to explain that it is appropriate to do so and it's affordable to you.

The most important thing for her to do is convince the ECO that she will return to Thailand at the end of the proposed trip, does she have a job, is she studying, does she have property or other strong ties.

I would read through the posts on this forum and if you have any further specific questions then come back, but I wouldn't be jumping on a plane just yet.

Thanks for replying. I didn't see this board before so thank you moderator for moving my post as well, I can now see many other answers to questions I had, Skype records etc.

In having a look at other posts I think the main problem might be a reason to return, she has children and her Dad she gives money to but it's a bit weak. My girlfriend did also work in Taiwan and returned to Thailand willingly so hopefully that would balance her illegal stay in S. Korea.