Phuket Fc - The Professional Thai League

Nigbon

The professional Thai League Southern Region - FC Phuket - Going into round five - 1 Win / 3 Draw / 0 Loss

full details on the league www.thaileaguefootball.com

The Southern Sea Kirin are in action once again at Surakul Stadium this Saturday.

In their last match, they drew 1-1 away at Chumphon and their previous home match resulted in a deserved and historic win, when they overcame Nakhon Sri Thammarat by 3-1...

This time out they face league leaders Satun Utd who have won 3 out of their first 4 matches.

We need your support; the Thai FC Phuket fans have got their act together and we need to do likewise. Hoping to have something to identify the supporters group before too long so we can congregate.

Kick off is at 5pm, usual meeting place: Roxy Bar in Phuket Town. Suggest meeting at 15:30 for beers, otherwise we always end up being late for kick off when we meet at 4pm.

Hope to see you all there. You can now purchase FC Phuket shirts from the club shop.....

COME ON YOU GREENS....

By Daniel -

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Love to see some matches, but can't find any interested and don't want to go alone. Was turned off when attended Thailand- Viet Nam match last year by uncontrolled seating and VIP seating 90% empty taking a large part of stands. I paid for premium ticket which turned out to be meaningless. Do like sports and looking forward to the future

I've been meaning to start following them for a long time now, so I'm going to try and get there this Saturday. I enjoy watching footy of all standards. I go to watch the mighty Blues at the Bridge whenever I can, but if I drive past a school where they're playing, I'll stop and enjoy watching them as well.

I'll be happy to meet up with you for a beer before a game one day 'MJP' if that's the only thing stopping you going. I have to be honest, although I wouldn't think twice about going to the game alone, I wouldn't really fancy turning up at the Roxy bar, where every body already knows each other. I'm sure they're nice fellas but I know how it goes. Everyone's deep in their own conversations and you end up standing there on your own like a lemon.

there is a group on facebook - "Phuket FC supporters clup" also a FC Phuket blog on blogspot. looks like interest is increasing so should be able to find a group going easily.

here is a pre-season article on them written by James (FC Phuket on blogspot.com)

Phuket FC were formed in 2009 and compete in Division 2 (southern section) of the Thai league along with teams like Krabi, Trang and Hat Yai.

Phuket FC play their home games at the Surakul Stadium in Phuket Town. In their first season they finished second bottom with only goal difference keeping them from the bottom of the table.

Lessons appear to have been learned from that disappointing first season and Phuket FC now have a new coach, Arjhan Songgamsub, who has been taking pre season training at the FIFA Pitch in Cape Panwa.

Phuket FC also have several new players and have benefited from a link up with Thai premier league champions Muang Thong Utd which will see several Muang Thong Utd squad players represent Phuket FC this season.

The squad have been training together every single day since October and should be well prepared to make a better impression when the new season starts in March.

Hey fellas,

I've been going to see FC Phuket since the start (back when they were known as Phuket FC and wore blue) and set up the Facebook Group.

Be great to see you down at the matches in the future.

The hope is that we will have a flag or banner that will identify us so for people like Mikejphuket, they can come along and know there will be people to sit with.

It's not that bad in Roxy, but it is true that most people know each other in there, but if you're there for the football then I'm sure people will talk.

Things are definitely looking up this season - last year we didn't even win a match at home and have already done that and are unbeaten in 4 matches.

A win on saturday will give us 9 points from 5 matches and a good base for the rest of the season.

Hope to see you there...

Hi everyone. My first post on Thaivisa!

FC Phuket are playing Korat in the first round of the FA Cup on Weds 31st March in Phuket. I've supported Korat for four years and I'm intending to make the long journey down for the match. My trip is all pretty much planned, I just need to know how to get from the bus station to the stadium. I've looked at a map and it looks like a few kms between the two. Is there decent public transport? (I don't do tuk-tuks!)

I don't think this Thai league soccer stuff should be encouraged. The last thing we need is the soccer "hooligan" culture to take root here. There have already been riots at Bangkok games and betting scandals with Thai mafia involvement in throwing of the games.

Edited by FarangBuddha

I don't think this Thai league soccer stuff should be encouraged. The last thing we need is the soccer "hooligan" culture to take root here. There have already been riots at Bangkok games and betting scandals with Thai mafia involvement in throwing of the games.

I think you should do a little of research before you make statements like that... even better go to the game on Saturday then post us again and let us know if your concerns are warranted. :)

Really don't know why I should bother replying to someone who obviously has no idea what they're talking about but anyway...

The incident you are referring to was at Muang Thong United v Thai Port in the Thai equivalent of the Community Shield. It was completely unprecedented in the history of Thai football.

The norm at matches up and down the country is for away fans to be welcomed like long lost brothers. Opposing fans traditionally exchange gifts at half-time and at the final whistle the teams wai both sets of fans, and it's not uncommon for fans to chant the name of the opposing side. I repeat, this is the norm at matches up and down the country. I've been going to matches for four years and I've yet to see two fans square up to each other let alone actually fight. Korat played at Thai Port (one of the clubs involved in the trouble) in the FA Cup last year, and after the match us Korat fans were applauded as we got back on our supporters' buses by some Thai Port fans who had stayed behind after the final whistle for nearly an hour just to do that. As Nigbon said, you should really go to a match first.

As for the Thai mafia throwing games?!?! Er...source? I think you're getting confused with China or Vietnam. There have been no such cases in Thai football.

I'm not naive and as the domestic game continues to grow corruption may become a problem. But I think you just got confused here.

p.s Can anyone help with my question: How to get from the bus station to Surakul? Thanks.

Well done Phuket! 2-0 over Satun. How was the crowd there? Big crowd?

Now Phuket in 2nd spot, hope they kick on, get promoted and the community gets behind them.

Next weekend Pattalung at home.

full table here http://www.thaileaguefootball.com/index.ph...867&Ntype=2

The biggest crowd they have ever had - completely outclassed Satun and are actually top of the league now as the game against Phattalung was given to FC Phuket because of player irregularities. FC Phuket now have 11 points from their 5 games.

Playing Pattani this weekend.

Come on you greens!!

I have seen some pretty daft things posted here on ThaiVisa but this has to be up there with the best.

Are you actually expecting gangs of skinhead Englishmen (i'm english by the way) suupporting FC Phuket squaring up to Thai fans from Surat Thani? Or perhaps scores of Italian Ultras marching down Soi Bangla looking for fans from Krabi - I mean it is a local derby after all.....

If you don't like football, that's fine, but there are plenty of us that do and are enjoying having a team to support. But to assuage your fears come to the stadium as Nigbon said and see how friendly things are....

Phuket has enough problems without soccer hooliganism adding to them.

Soccer fans in phuket seem to want to copy fans in europe, where violence and stabbings are common, by waving flags and shouting from loudspeakers.

How long before someone is seriously injured or killed at a soccer match in Phuket? What will that do for tourism?

FC Phuket is the worse thing to happen to Phuket since the tsunami.

• Like 1

Phuket has enough problems without soccer hooliganism adding to them.

Soccer fans in phuket seem to want to copy fans in europe, where violence and stabbings are common, by waving flags and shouting from loudspeakers.

How long before someone is seriously injured or killed at a soccer match in Phuket? What will that do for tourism?

FC Phuket is the worse thing to happen to Phuket since the tsunami.

You have got to be kidding me. I hope and pray to every deity that this post is delivered with your tongue firmly in your cheek.

Violence and stabbings are common? In the 1980s perhaps, but in 2010. There are more incidences in Italy simply because they haven't had the crackdown that most other countries in Europe have....

They wish to copy fans in Europe by waving flags and shouting from loudspeakers? What is wrong with that? I would like to be able to understand why you believe that violence and stabbings will follow - what lead you to that conclusion?

Have you been to a football match in Phuket, Phuketpaul? I doubt it very much. If you had, you'd have seen that the atmos is very friendly and home and away fans sit together swapping flags, scarves and presents. The Thai supporters have welcomed the western FC Phuket supporters and we go there and enjoy ourselves - not a hinto of violence and nor do I ever forsee any.

But I must congratulate you. I thought FarangBuddha had posted the most daft response I had ever seen on TV.com but you have just blown him out of the water in some style....

Unbelievable.

Edited by SouthernSeaKirin

Hey KoratVinnie, has anyone been able to help you with regard to getting from the bus station to Surakul Stadium as yet?

SSK

Yes, thanks, but it doesn't look like I'm coming now :) - I'm moving house within the next couple of weeks and I just can't spare the three days that it would take for me to get to Phuket and back. Gutted, I was really looking forward to it.

Have you seen my Korat website? I'm not allowed to post links (is that because I'm a newbie?) so it's

Top of the table FC Phuket are at home again today (Sunday), taking on Pattani at Surakul Stadium. The match kicks off at 6pm.

Last Saturday was brilliant, the team played well and the support was great - thanks to the Storm Riders for making us feel welcome.

The team will only get better as they get used to playing with each other and this should be a fantastic season for all concerned.

Cheers everyone,

keep supporting the mighty southern sea kirin

from SouthernSeaKirin

FC Phuket extended their unbeaten start to the season to six matches with a comfortable 3-0 win over Pattani and Surakul Stadium on Sunday.

A first half goal for Ghana's Ali Diarra, his third in the last three home matches, and 2 second half goals were enough to secure a thoroughly deserved three points in a match where the Southern Sea Kirin dominated from the first minute.

A record crowd filed into Surakul Stadium before kick off and the Storm Riders supporters club were in fine voice throughout.

There was also a noticeable increase in the number of Western faces in the crowd as word about FC Phuket slowly starts to filter through.

FC Phuket began strongly but were unable to create any clear cut chances despite dominating the early possession.

Pattani were reduced to a couple of long range efforts that didn't test the home keeper.

Midway through the first half Diarra gave FC Phuket the lead, heading in a corner from the left to give the crowd a lift.

In the second half, Pattani were kept on the back foot and contributed to their own downfall when a horrendous mistake at the back let the Poramut in to double their lead.

Later in the second half the points were secured when a shot from the edge of the penalty area cannoned off the crossbar and struck the visiting 'keeper and bounced over the line.

Next up for FC Phuket is a trip to Yala this coming Saturday.

Forza FC Phuket!!! :)

I don't know much about football, being one of God's chosen egg-chasers, but my sons are a bit handy and I watch them at the weekend. We went to a couple of FC Phuket home games and really enjoyed them. My boys had their photo taken and got in the paper (my Thai isn't as good as I'd like so they may be on a 'Wanted' poster for all I know) and a good day was had by all.

We are over again shortly, so will form up as the Kirin Crew and rival the 1970s groups such as Treatment, Headhunters, the InterCity Firm and others. Where's Harry 'The Dog' Trubshaw when you need him?

I don't know much about football, being one of God's chosen egg-chasers, but my sons are a bit handy and I watch them at the weekend. We went to a couple of FC Phuket home games and really enjoyed them. My boys had their photo taken and got in the paper (my Thai isn't as good as I'd like so they may be on a 'Wanted' poster for all I know) and a good day was had by all.

We are over again shortly, so will form up as the Kirin Crew and rival the 1970s groups such as Treatment, Headhunters, the InterCity Firm and others. Where's Harry 'The Dog' Trubshaw when you need him?

Hey Sadman,

Great to hear that you enjoyed the matches with your sons. It's proving to be a very enjoyable season and the team seems to be improving with every week as are the attendances, which is great news.

Haven't seen any wanted posters as yet, so you're probably safe to return.... :)

Yeah, no footie is complete without its own firm - i like the name Kirin Crew too - brilliant!! I've heard that 'The Dog' is coming out of retirement now he's heard the FC Phuket are doing well - glory hunter!!

SSK

FC Phuket are in action this Wednesday when they line up against Nakhon Ratchasima in the first round of the cup.

The match kicks off at 6pm

On Saturday the Southern Sea Kirin continued their unbeaten start to the season when they drew 0-0 with Yala who are also unbeaten.

FC Phuket sit at the top of the table with 15 points from their 7 matches.

Hope to see you at Surakul on Wednesday.

Forza Phuket

FC Phuket progress to round 2 of the Thai FA Cup

Firts half goals from Thailand under-19 striker Adisak and Ghanian midfield star Ali Diarra were enough to take FC Phuket through to the 2nd round of the Thai FA Cup.

The home side got off to the perfect start when Adisak was sent clean through on goal in the opening minutes of the match. The on-form striker made no mistake, cooly slotting the ball under the visiting keeper.

With their noses in front and their tails up, FC Phuket looked comfortable in possession, creating a number of chances, and it seemed only a matter of time before they scored again.

But it was the visitors who grabbed the second goal of the match when a Nakhon Ratchasima player headed a deep cross towards goal which the FC Phuket keeper could only palm into the net.

Stung by the response, the home side rallied and were soon in front again on 29 minutes. A mazy run into the box from FC Phuket's number 12 was halted cynically and star man Ali Diarra made no mistake, stroking the penalty down the middle.

After the restart, the home side took their foot off the gas but still created the better chances and could have added a third when a cross was swung into the box and was struck against the post from close range.

The visitors managed a few wild efforts in the closing stages, but FC Phuket held on to put themselves into the draw for the 2nd round.

Next up is Ranong FC, this Saturday at Surakul Stadium. Kick off 6pm....

FC Phuket 5 Ranong FC 0

A dominant FC Phuket underlined their title credentials with a five-star demolition of Ranong FC at Surakul Stadium last night.

Two first half goals and three after the break saw the Southern Sea Kirin romp to their biggest ever win and maintain their unbeaten start to the season.

Centre half Nana Nenebi's towering header gave the home side the lead which was doubled on the stroke of half time thanks to a stunning overhead kick.

The second half started with FC Phuket pressing forward from the outset and the score moved to 4-0 in swift fashion thanks in part to two goalkeeping errors.

The scoring was rounded off in the 70th minute when a throughball was deftly lobbed over the goalkeeper from the edge of the penalty area.

Top of the league, unbeaten and looking good, Phuket.

Next match: away @ Trang, 10/04/10. Next home match: 24/04/10 v Krabi.

SSK

Well done FC Phuket

Here is the table of Div 2 South Region as of the 5th of April

Hey Nigbon,

Cheers for the table, but it needs correcting. FC Phuket were awarded a 2-0 home win in their first match against Phattalung due to player ID irregularities.....

Played 8, 18 points - just need to start winning away now!

SSK

Excellent Result Seadragons doing a lot better than my Team back Home Aberdeen who are S**T this season.

Maybe they should hire the Phuket Coach and a few Ivorian Players after all Drogba, Toure etc are Ivorian.

Keep it Up Phuket FC hope to come to a Home Game when I get back from my stint in Angola

McFarang

Excellent Result Seadragons doing a lot better than my Team back Home Aberdeen who are S**T this season.

Maybe they should hire the Phuket Coach and a few Ivorian Players after all Drogba, Toure etc are Ivorian.

Keep it Up Phuket FC hope to come to a Home Game when I get back from my stint in Angola

McFarang

I feel your pain McFarang, I'm a Liverpool fan and this has been a season of misery indeed. Its been a relief to have some football that I can enjoy....

See you at Surakul when you return

SSK