Pink - Is It Ok For A Man To Wear It?

Erawan

44 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Is this my 101st post? I think it is, let me just savour this moment... Cor blimey, it's taken me ages to reach this small milestone.

Ok! So, the other day I was down at the local market when I happened to spy a rather fetching t-shirt - one problem, it was only available in the colour pink. ######... I um'ed and er'ed for a while but eventually decided not to buy it - at least not yet.

I have never owned nor worn a pink article of clothing. I see it as a feminine colour and wearing such a colour, wouldn't make me feel overly comfortable. I feel it would be compromising on my 'manliness.' I would have to strip it off immediately, down a few brews and watch some football while grunting incoherently to regain my manliness. Oh and not forgetting farting and belching.

Thing is, it was a rather nice t-shirt and I was beginning to wonder, "Could I get away with wearing a pink t-shirt?" I've seen a few males wearing pink items and they looked... o-k. Discounting the homosexuals of course. So is it ok for men to wear pink now? What with all this metrosexual business and 'liberation.' Or maybe I will buy it and just wear it at night, when I go to bed, where no one can see me, and it can be my dirty little secret...

And I'm referring to straight men only here, sorry to you gay folks. You guys can get away with wearing anything and feel no shame... oh how I envy thee.

I'm not afraid to wear a pink shirt. I have a pink dress shirt that I wear to work with a red tie and looks very sharp. I also have a pink polo shirt that I wear when going casual. No men have ever cast any disdainful glances or said anything, but every woman gives a complimetary smile or comment!

If you have ever noticed... Chuwit always wears pink shirts!

Erawan mate, its all about whether you can carry it off.

It seemed like half the city in London a year or two ago were wearing pink tie / shirt combo's. Worked for some - but for others, kind of looked that might receive some unwanted attention :o

Make sures there's a mirror close by at the time of the purchase and you'll be fine!

Pink -it was in in the 80's. I had a pink benetton top back then. These days however, it's quite likely that someone will think you are gay, rightly or wrongly. That would be enough to put me off buying one but that's just me. You could probably get away with wearing a pink shirt in an office, but I personally wouldn't go out in one.

The way fashion has a habit of repeating itself, we'll all be wearing pink again soon, and be proud of it....

Just so long as flared trousers don't come back.

And platform shoes... :D

Pink/puce... call it what you will, is a colour for the handbag brigade. :o

The way fashion has a habit of repeating itself, we'll all be wearing pink again soon, and be proud of it....

Just so long as flared trousers don't come back.

And whats wrong with flares, I still have some left over from the 70's. :o

Do you like lavender shirts?