Hotel Udon Thani

louialive

The "CANTARA" Centara has seen better days but still is the top Udon hotel.

Why don't you have a look at any of the booking sites? atsiam.com, asia-discovery.com, asiarooms.com and look at the guest comments.

You don't mention what class of hotel/price class/service level you are looking for, so can't recommend any place :)

Forget 5 and 4 * places, no have.

Edited by tartempion

The "CANTARA" Centara has seen better days but still is the top Udon hotel.

Why don't you have a look at any of the booking sites? atsiam.com, asia-discovery.com, asiarooms.com and look at the guest comments.

You don't mention what class of hotel/price class/service level you are looking for, so can't recommend any place :)

Forget 5 and 4 * places, no have.

During the past 3 months I've stayed in 6-7 different hotels in Udon.

The one I liked the most was Baan Worachan (288/28 Ring Road, Nong Bua) because price was only 480 baht, included internet which worked better than most hotels I've stayed (good speed), food was reasonable priced and television selection was okay (seemed to be same channels I get with UBC so probably UBC).

The only potential concern to note: Everything is Thai here, the food menus, front desk staff, signs etc.

The others worth mentioning:

Charoen Hotel - Good location, many tuk tuks for 40 baht any of many places to eat farang food plus others in walking distance. The downside is this place is expensive: 900-1,110 baht per night. If you need internet will likely need the 590 baht 30 day internet card, food is good here but expensive also. (Note: Internet had periodic down time and also one afternoon went out and was not out till next morning).

BB Resort - Nice villas, good internet, good food (reasonable prices perhaps slightly high but not too high and very good). Prices here fun 650-1000 baht per night depending which type of room you get.

AEK Appartments - This is near AEK Hospital, great location. I can't remember though what I paid per night - the room I rented was on a high floor with balcony, fridge, large table, decent bed, television etc all the basics. My guess is it was somewhere in 700-800 baht per night range because I don't recall it being cheap and also don't remember it being expensive. Internet was included in price. My only complaint was internet was on slow side and came in and out. (Note: their website lists prices monthly but daily rates are posted on their website).

I never stayed there but someone recommended Home Resident Hotel (udonthani.com/homeresident) which supposedly has small rooms for 250 baht and larger rooms with internet for 390 baht. This is located same area as Charoen Hotel.

Anyways to add I'm no expert in Udon hotels, we just recently had a couple month gap (thankfully over) with no home because we were waiting for one to open up where we wanted to live so I happened to stay in a few. Sure there are others here that can give a little better advice.

• 2 months later...

The one I liked the most was Baan Worachan (288/28 Ring Road, Nong Bua) because price was only 480 baht, included internet which worked better than most hotels I've stayed (good speed), food was reasonable priced and television selection was okay (seemed to be same channels I get with UBC so probably UBC).

The only potential concern to note: Everything is Thai here, the food menus, front desk staff, signs etc.

Charoen Hotel - Good location, many tuk tuks for 40 baht any of many places to eat farang food plus others in walking distance. The downside is this place is expensive: 900-1,110 baht per night. If you need internet will likely need the 590 baht 30 day internet card, food is good here but expensive also. (Note: Internet had periodic down time and also one afternoon went out and was not out till next morning).

BB Resort - Nice villas, good internet, good food (reasonable prices perhaps slightly high but not too high and very good). Prices here fun 650-1000 baht per night depending which type of room you get.

AEK Appartments - This is near AEK Hospital, great location. I can't remember though what I paid per night - the room I rented was on a high floor with balcony, fridge, large table, decent bed, television etc all the basics. My guess is it was somewhere in 700-800 baht per night range because I don't recall it being cheap and also don't remember it being expensive. Internet was included in price. My only complaint was internet was on slow side and came in and out. (Note: their website lists prices monthly but daily rates are posted on their website).

I never stayed there but someone recommended Home Resident Hotel (udonthani.com/homeresident) which supposedly has small rooms for 250 baht and larger rooms with internet for 390 baht. This is located same area as Charoen Hotel.

Anyways to add I'm no expert in Udon hotels, we just recently had a couple month gap (thankfully over) with no home because we were waiting for one to open up where we wanted to live so I happened to stay in a few. Sure there are others here that can give a little better advice.

Hi Jim how far is Baan Worachan away from the Town ? Easy to get transportation to town or where ever ?

Hi Jim how far is Baan Worachan away from the Town ? Easy to get transportation to town or where ever ?

Baan Worachan is on the Ring Rd and about 5km fro town centre and you should find bahtbuses on Ring Rd as well as on the road to Saampaom