Five Bombs Hit Surat Thani Ahead Of Red Shirt Rally

webfact

Yet another desperate attempt by the Abhisit government to blame everything on the red shirts.

Da! It was a newsaper headline not the Abisit government blaming the reds. Who do you think it was? Anyone but the reds eh!

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Probably biased report, they connected the reds just because the attacks came on the first day of the red rally, that doesn't seem right.

It could be part of the southern violence problem that has been going on for years, it could be the yellows (trying to make the reds look violent) or it could be another group of people trying to use the current situation to strike fear into the heart of all Thais.

Excuse me if i'm wrong but there have been bomb attacks in the south pretty much every other day or so for the past 5 years. Unless I'm mistaken, Surat Thani isn't really a Red area either. Is there any actual evidence linking the Red Shirt protests to the bombings?

Surat Thani is rarely a targeted site of southern separatist terrorists who primarily bomb away in Pattani, Yala and Narithiwat. Outside of those three provinces, Songkhla and Had Yai in it are more often targeted.

Red still looks like red to me.

This is not southern insurgents.

They actual can hit their targets.

And most all the muslims living in Surat Thani are decently treated

and considered members of the greater community. Allowed to live as they see fit.

There are two muslim villages not from from me.

This is a message right in the financial heart of Sutheps home district.

And aimed at his cronies and general base.

The only other time in memory this has happened was

at a similar juncture of Red driven hostilities. And it essentially unknown otherwise.

yes, will all know muslim are decent chums. THE YEWS DID WTC!

and its totally all clear that the are behind Mr. Thaksin. Thaksin is a YEW PUPPET.

they come always when they smell the money and want suppress us all. now they target the white christian working class men favorite holiday province in Thailand. it is the YEWS. that is so obvious.

i can write it in the internet - hence it is true. and we don't need no further evidence.

Yes, you've gone right round the twist boi O.

Verily ye olde Rumford of yore.

So... the Yew Trees are the real culprits,

and YOU or should KNOW, you, or should I say;

YEW said it here first! Brilliant!

Why not try agricultural homicide rather than just back cultural suicide?

Maybe a good defoliant is just what you need for a better life.

Meshugana for sure. Are you drinking the mazeltov cocktails

and then posting while under the influence?

It is tiring to hear all the rich farang who have aligned themselves with the rich yellow shirts putting down the working class thai people. people who struggle to live. The rich Farang then come and dine with yellow shirts and look down on real thai people.

I feel a bit uneasy about the fact that this news is brought in the context with the protests. One has nothing to do with the other. For the Nation this is of course no problem, because their only aim is to discredit the democratic forces in Thailand. This is obviously a Southern Problem, a problem that started by the way when Chuan was prime minister. Under Chuan schools were set on fire on a daily basis. Thailand has a history when it comes to falsifying historic accounts.

Again, look at a map and a history where the Muslim oriented bombings have been ...

There's logic. Do the names Hiroshima, Pearl Harbor, and World Trade Center ring a bell?

I feel a bit uneasy about the fact that this news is brought in the context with the protests. One has nothing to do with the other. For the Nation this is of course no problem, because their only aim is to discredit the democratic forces in Thailand. This is obviously a Southern Problem, a problem that started by the way when Chuan was prime minister. Under Chuan schools were set on fire on a daily basis. Thailand has a history when it comes to falsifying historic accounts.

Again, look at a map and a history where the Muslim oriented bombings have been ...

There's logic. Do the names Hiroshima, Pearl Harbor, and World Trade Center ring a bell?

What do they have in common with muslims. I am not muslim but wondering

so who carried out these bombs? The reds or yellows? please only true facts bacted up by true evidence. Everyone says reds but please show the evidence.

it's up to you. you decide, you can write whatever you want and blame the people you dislike.

it is the internet hate machine, home of the virtual mob, you don't need evidence.

yes, will all know muslim are decent chums. THE YEWS DID WTC!

and its totally all clear that the are behind Mr. Thaksin. Thaksin is a YEW PUPPET.

they come always when they smell the money and want suppress us all. now they target the white christian working class men favorite holiday province in Thailand. it is the YEWS. that is so obvious.

i can write it in the internet - hence it is true. and we don't need no further evidence.

Who are "THE YEWS" ? Are they some sort of politically-active sheep ? :)

Those were red bombs, most probably. The bank bombs were red as well. The timing is obvious. Why the doubt that we are dealing with violent people when the proof and truth is blowing up all over?

and the Yews did WTC, right? most probably, obvious.

for the internet hate machine you don't need any evidence. just write all down what fits your paranoia.

the first fact in a very long time.

thank you.

There will be a mass collection of human excrement (preferably already bagged in plastic bags of not more than 100 gr) for the anti red-short demonstration during the coming week-end. This is not a call for blood donation: it's a call for shit donation... Your shit particulars are not important, forwarded that it smells level 7 on the Richter scale. For one time that shit is money, don't lose this opportunity! :)

Those were red bombs, most probably. The bank bombs were red as well. The timing is obvious. Why the doubt that we are dealing with violent people when the proof and truth is blowing up all over?

and the Yews did WTC, right? most probably, obvious.

for the internet hate machine you don't need any evidence. just write all down what fits your paranoia.

the first fact in a very long time.

thank you.

There's a huge body of evidence.

Simply as a starter, from the late 1990s when Thaksin was in the office of PM Chavalit and guaranteed to solve Bangkok's traffic problems in six months, Thaksin was a nutter. Then there's his record as PM from 2001 into 2006, after which Thaksin became interim acting PM, to the post-coup Thaksin who cares only about the post coup former acting interim PM Thaksin, to include the Asean debacle in Pattaya, the subsequent Songkran riots and his mad hatter behaviours up to the present. The guy's a nutter from the get-go, period.

Stating that it's fact people state "what fits your paranoia" is another statement of opinion, not fact, that needs to be noted as such.

Edited by Publicus

Excuse me if i'm wrong but there have been bomb attacks in the south pretty much every other day or so for the past 5 years. Unless I'm mistaken, Surat Thani isn't really a Red area either. Is there any actual evidence linking the Red Shirt protests to the bombings?

surrat is a yellow area thats why they bombed it. they are hardly going to bomb their own cities. there are plenty of people from the north living in surat. i am sure someone will claim it

seems like just a show of force. none was injured. i am sure they could haveput the bombs in more busy areas. just a show of force. to boost parnoinia. no muslim bomb. they like casulties and death

Edited by BigC

It's almost as if you are hoping for a violent end to all this, you idiot ...

yeah, but think of the television RATINGS, NEWSPAPER SALES!!!!!!!!!!!!, and internet " hits"..............gimmie somadat...................dats what im takinbuot. Yeah baby$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

nice pilot for reality show...............hmmmmmm, we use the actual footage from impending civil unrest for " b roll" it will be free of cost, because it is " news" ( children crying,mothers wailing, strong stoic nationalist men , all blaming eachother..........) hire 15 reds, 15 yellows, 15 uncommitted, write "production notes" for the "performers" to read, at some piont they will interact with (after we have developed "characters" that are pre-selected to be A)profitable and most importantly :D incompatable ) eachother.

we could do it for 500K USD.....................and then a "making of documentary",then a film,then a sequal,and then weekly episodic, then............................................................................

........................................syndication!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To the good people of Thailand.............................., this is what they are doing to YOU right now....................this is the formula. Make no mistake, I'm sure :)

Looks to me like a feeble attempt to link two unattached items of news in order to smear the Reds.

I find it hard to believe so many people are so blinded by hatred and paranoia, that they believe even half of the crap in the reports that have been coming out over the last year or so.

"Five bombs rocked the southern province of Surat Thani Friday morning as the anti-government United Front for Democracy Against Dictatorship (UDD) began moving to the capital for the mass gathering aimed to topple the government."

Ofcourse, they were probably moving to the capital from somewhere near the north and nowhere near the south, but what has that got to do with the good reporting from The Nation??

good observation. I was thinking along the same line.

it just could be the southern insurgency instigation taking advantage of the UDD-Red shirt anti-govt. demonstration. this would be

a good time and strategy for action at any place in Thailand.

It is tiring to hear all the rich farang who have aligned themselves with the rich yellow shirts putting down the working class thai people. people who struggle to live. The rich Farang then come and dine with yellow shirts and look down on real thai people.

What is very tiring is that the "rural" Thais or those that are not in agreement with the Dems need a GOOD party with an HONEST leader with SOUND policies.

Unfortunately the only people holding their hands up are.... Thaksin who is unacceptable (and unelectable) for several reasons. My view is that the most likely scenario if there was a general election won by the current opposition is the tanks would roll once again.

What are the red shirt movement (RSM because Thailand likes TLAs)? A bunch of opposition, some republicans, some anarchists, some Thaksinista, some Isaan, some Southerners, some lefties, some army boys but with very little in the way of common ground. This movement has been hijacked by Thaksin to a large degree and few are happy with that as will be manifested in a much smaller rally this week. The bad press that violence causes damages all parts of the RSM. That splintered movement will never gather momentum if it continues as it is. This is mirrored by the stance that Aphisit is taking. Let the opposition destroy itself. Let Thaksin implode it.

Thaksin himself has handled things badly. Before the trial he said that he would accept the verdict. Most would have predicted a complete confiscation of assets but he was left with around 40%. A smart man would have said - "OK, where do I sign?" but he immediately went on the offensive contradicting his previous stance. This was followed by a second wave of litigation after the rest of his cash. Not good Chess Mr. T. The judiciary will have a good excuse to hold on to the remainder of the cash as you refused to accept the verdict. The second level of litigation may seek to freeze it now anyway and sue against it later. Double jeopardy.

Some in the Peua Thai party have realised that for a whole host of reasons the way forward has to change. Songkran 2009 meant that the Million Man March was doomed from the beginning. Factions of the Reds are not playing by the rules that the Opposition want and are bent on violence. It gives a bad press, causes a loss of votes and ultimately paves the way for an easy election victory for the Dems with the fall-back of another coup if that goes pear-shaped. An each way bet.

Unfortunately on these pages the farangs themselves have become polarised in an argument that is not a part of our Ken. It's not a case of rich against poor. Its not a case of north against south. Its not a case of left against right. Its not a case of Thaksin against Aphisit and its not even a case of the sideshow that is Red against Yellow.

What a completely bogus and offensive generalization! Most Thais are not affiliated with the reds or the yellows. I am indeed virulently anti-Thaksin, thus of course, anti-red. That does not in any way mean pro yellow.

Edited by Jingthing

What a completely bogus and offensive generalization! Most Thais are not affiliated with the reds or the yellows. I am indeed virulently anti-Thaksin, thus of course, anti-red. That does not in any way mean pro yellow.

Does that mean you are for the way it is(status Quo)?

:)

Does that mean you are for the way it is(status Quo)?

:)

No. Just read my posting history.

Indeed, and the yellows are largely irrelevant and immaterial at this point as the justice system is moving at its usual snail's pace against that group too and there is no yellow conflicting action or reaction occurring against the Reds. The yellows carried on as they did at the time, against bogus Thaksin proxy governments which were illegitimate - a sentiment shared by many - and have confined themselves to nationalistic causes and actions against Cambodia which also are shared by many.

The powerful focus during last year and of the present is on the violent reds and their puppet master Thaksin who has disrupted the country far beyond anything the yellows had done or have done during the same time period. Thaksin not the yellows have been hiding out abroad. Thaksin and the reds have been demolishing the country and doing it in ways the yellows couldn't ever have imagined, attempted or done . Yellow transgressions have not in any way been as grotesque, persistent, international, fanatical or as egotistical as those of Thaksin or as violent as his Reds.

Thaksin and his reds are the prime actors of the past 18 or so months. In this, their last desperate lunge, the reds threaten to bring down the kingdom which is a nefarious purpose alien to the yellows. We're looking at the real prospect of Thaksin-Red violence of a different nature of the actions by the yellows and of an entirely, radically different purpose.

The yellows are passe' while the reds are an immediate, clear and present threat and danger.

What is very tiring is that the "rural" Thais or those that are not in agreement with the Dems need a GOOD party with an HONEST leader with SOUND policies.

Unfortunately the only people holding their hands up are.... Thaksin who is unacceptable (and unelectable) for several reasons. My view is that the most likely scenario if there was a general election won by the current opposition is the tanks would roll once again.

What are the red shirt movement (RSM because Thailand likes TLAs)? A bunch of opposition, some republicans, some anarchists, some Thaksinista, some Isaan, some Southerners, some lefties, some army boys but with very little in the way of common ground. This movement has been hijacked by Thaksin to a large degree and few are happy with that as will be manifested in a much smaller rally this week. The bad press that violence causes damages all parts of the RSM. That splintered movement will never gather momentum if it continues as it is. This is mirrored by the stance that Aphisit is taking. Let the opposition destroy itself. Let Thaksin implode it.

Thaksin himself has handled things badly. Before the trial he said that he would accept the verdict. Most would have predicted a complete confiscation of assets but he was left with around 40%. A smart man would have said - "OK, where do I sign?" but he immediately went on the offensive contradicting his previous stance. This was followed by a second wave of litigation after the rest of his cash. Not good Chess Mr. T. The judiciary will have a good excuse to hold on to the remainder of the cash as you refused to accept the verdict. The second level of litigation may seek to freeze it now anyway and sue against it later. Double jeopardy.

Some in the Peua Thai party have realised that for a whole host of reasons the way forward has to change. Songkran 2009 meant that the Million Man March was doomed from the beginning. Factions of the Reds are not playing by the rules that the Opposition want and are bent on violence. It gives a bad press, causes a loss of votes and ultimately paves the way for an easy election victory for the Dems with the fall-back of another coup if that goes pear-shaped. An each way bet.

Unfortunately on these pages the farangs themselves have become polarised in an argument that is not a part of our Ken. It's not a case of rich against poor. Its not a case of north against south. Its not a case of left against right. Its not a case of Thaksin against Aphisit and its not even a case of the sideshow that is Red against Yellow.

I agree with most of what you say but on the bottom line you've told us what's not but not offered a "what it is". May I politely suggest that it's a fin de siecle game of musical chairs? This has occurred many times in thai history and I would posit that it's a deeply ingrained feature of cultural tradition and behaviour. Political upheavals here will only change by losing the very nature of traditionalism, deference, fatalism, class, patronage, the thai smile :D , family values :)

Regarding fahrang opinions,

A) one of the main functions of the website is for people to hold forth varying opinions on local matters and I's suggest we reflect the greater thai population in our representation

10% Sneering Capitalists

10% Relocated Socialists

10% Liberal Treehuggers

70% pissed and couldn't care less if the locals kill each other as long as the bars still open.

:D If you consider Thailand to be your adopted country (whether they want you or not) you are bound to have an opinion influenced by your background and level of perception (or interest) in matters Thai.

So to those who complain about Fahrang opinions: Look up the definition of "Forum." If you don't want to read opinions, don't log in.

:):D :D

There may be another percent or three ( out of your 70% to keep the math straight) that aren't inebriated and don't want anyone killing anyone and just enjoy life in LOS. (welcome or not)??? Maybe a bit "head in the sand" but it ain't our country and any discussions are just that...

Gotta admit it's entertaining though!!! (TV editorial postings that is)

Lets just be thankful/hopeful that there little potential for a "Teinaman Square" in LOS

Too think we imagined it wouldn't get down here.

This is a message for Suthep of course.

And a bad omen for this weeks events.

by we. you mean you. Myself and many others have been stating the Red movement was underestimated. I met shopkeepers and upwardly mobile trades people, within blocks of that Tesco Lotus, who were so loudly supportive of the red movement I said shush to them. That was this past December and January.

I have mentioned right here in TV a few times that there are Reds in Surat Thani.

I even have photos published on Google Earth from that neighborhood and the Attached photo is the Tesco Lotus parking lot.

The really, really sad part is all of the reds I talked to really liked my solution to the problems in Thailand. The Joseph Solution. This was NOT the smile and nod Thai thingy, either, I know the difference. They would cease their unrest if my architecture for a political system was instituted in Thailand.

Too bad, the parts of The Joseph Solution that would made it highly acceptable to the Yellows I talked is not allowed to be mentioned here.

post-63625-1268435817_thumb.jpg