Thaksin Poised To Leave Dubai For Cambodia

webfact

Thai FM's secretary: Foreign ministry verifying reports Thaksin departed Dubai for Cambodia's Siem Riep

tnalogo.jpg

-- TNA 2010-03-12

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

Please note that the FM secretary did not speculate as The Nation did. Too bad chose to report rumor rather than facts. The FM's secretary only reported that Thaksin departed Dubai for Cambodia. If the information about Thaksin's flight plans went directly to the FM's secretary someone in Dubai is very likely going to have some court time coming and I suspect Dubai will object to Thailand getting that information from someone in Dubai just like Cambodia did the last time this happened.

can't help but think, he'd earn a lot more respect doing hard time, and show respect for his country's laws as well. (hypothetical scenario that won't materialize) but that would be the safer route to losing so much face, and not to mention having to loom over your back everywhere. now he's banned from even developING countries! I betcha if he did even six months he'd be out a free man, 'cause he's loaded. I think that would calm things down too. He sure is takin' the weasels way out, not to mention drawing a lot of (negative) attention to himself...its getting ridiculous..

Given the relationship (or lack of it) between Cambodia and Thailand, I don't think Thaksin's popularity with Isaan Thais has increased.

This is a fact! People in the village I am in (Near Khemerat) are really annoyedat the Cambodian link and have dropped him like a brick!

Is it more of a fact if you state "This is a fact!"

Perhaps if I say "This is a FACT!" in capital letters it will be even more factual. :)

I would not be at all surprised if the story that the U.A.E. had asked Thaksin to depart for good is true.

I think they have exercised great patience with this troublemaker and now he has probably become persona non grata.

I heard that before and it turned out to be not true. aka: A lie. Thaksin was still able to enjoy his stay in the UAE.

Why should it be not the same false rumours this time? Better be careful what to believe and what not. Wishful thinking doesn't change reality.

Aw c'mon, TV is full of FACTS; they're everywhere you look. Indeed, reading TV has, as a direct consequence of it being riddled with FACTS, increased my knowledge of all things from Politics to Electrical wiring to immigration rules in the most obscure backwaters of the world to such an extent that I have now joined the ranks of many of the posters here and am, officially, a know-it-all. So, I'm so riddled with FACTS that I no longer need to read TV any more and have become smart enough to realize that I don't really know why I started in the first place. Perhaps back then there were not so many know-it-alls armed to the teeth with FACTS and you didn't need such a huge shovel to search for the gems amongst the sh*t. Too many posters of their ill informed juvenile opinions and not enough sensible, well thought out, reasonably based or even expert observations. Sorry, but TV is rapidly becoming MF....Moron Forum. And that's a FACT.

Given the relationship (or lack of it) between Cambodia and Thailand, I don't think Thaksin's popularity with Isaan Thais has increased.

This is a fact! People in the village I am in (Near Khemerat) are really annoyedat the Cambodian link and have dropped him like a brick!

Is it more of a fact if you state "This is a fact!"

Perhaps if I say "This is a FACT!" in capital letters it will be even more factual. :)

Noppadon says it's not true that Thaksin has lost residency in Dubai (Bangkok Post) and he even states that Thaksin is still in Dubai and has no intent on going to Cambodia. If Noppadon said it, it must be a BIG FACT!

Noppadon says it's not true that Thaksin has lost residency in Dubai (Bangkok Post) and he even states that Thaksin is still in Dubai and has no intent on going to Cambodia. If Noppadon said it, it must be a BIG FACT!

last time when it was in the news that Thaksin isn't welcomed and granted to stay in the UAE anymore, it was Noppadorn who got it right. i wouldn't be surprise if this time the outcome will be the same.