Video: Organizers Hand Out Cash To Red-shirt People

george

Friday 2010-03-12:

Organizers hand out 2,000 Baht cash to red-shirt people:

Look , what's going on in Nakhon Panom as local red shirts are preparing to leave for Bangkok to join the mass rallies on Sunday.

BREAKING NEWS:

Thaksin arrives in Cambodia, Kicked out from Dubai?

Full story:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Thaksin-Arri...te-t346883.html

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A friend's girlfriend owns a couple of stalls in one of the clothing malls in Bangkok. She's not sure she'll be able to keep her shops open this weekend as her workers have been offered 500 baht a day to go protest. Like many other small business people in Bangkok she's just as pissed off at the Reds as she was at the Yellows last year. :)

A friend's girlfriend owns a couple of stalls in one of the clothing malls in Bangkok. She's not sure she'll be able to keep her shops open this weekend as her workers have been offered 500 baht a day to go protest. Like many other small business people in Bangkok she's just as pissed off at the Reds as she was at the Yellows last year. :)

Er, last year it was the reds too.

As long as there is no violence it is OK!, hope this is 1,000 Baht a day, if somebody parts with cash and others use it for something else it is business. They want to buy their protests that is ok, you pay me I go to protest for you!. I would be worried if they were protesting for free. Bought protests are expensive but cheap. What a big deal, if you pay everybody 5,000 a day you can probably get 20 mil people to protest for you.

Ok guys, just remember no violence and no destroying of property, burning and so on. If you do shame on you and your families. Be a nice protester. We all see you and appreciate your effort of coming to bkk.

Thailand needs business so remember that if you cannot find a job in the future it might be partly a result of your actions. Peace is good for business and riots, violence etc. is bad, basic school of money.

What's to stop someone from signing up, taking the Bt.2,000, then splitting?

Actually, that's what the paid-voters should do: take money to vote, then go ahead and vote how they want - though would be a tad difficult if the insides of voting booths were viewable by officials, which it appears many were.

Either way, the pay-to-protest money is something many of us already knew was happening. We thought it was on the order of 300 to 500 baht, but now we see that (for some folks, at least) it's 2,000. Perhaps others are getting more. You can be sure the organizers are getting a whole lot more.

Either way, though news of protestors getting paid to attend a rally may not be a big deal to Thais, it's speaks volumes to people observing from overseas.

If Thaksin is trying to gain any credibility from foreigners / foreign governments / foreign press corps - he's sure blowing it big time. He might as well dance around half naked with a penis gourd and a dead chicken on his head - ....would do him no worse than news of him paying protesters to attend a rally to support his selfish antics.

my stepson was offered twice by his boss to counter-demonstrate against the reds - for free, as a description of the job he is doing (a security guard for the military company, protecting governmental buildings). My stepson declined and is ready to quit the job if pushed harder, even if he is going to forfaith his outstanding wages.

my stepson was offered twice by his boss to counter-demonstrate against the reds - for free, as a description of the job he is doing (a security guard for the military company, protecting governmental buildings). My stepson declined and is ready to quit the job if pushed harder, even if he is going to forfaith his outstanding wages.

I am not sure what is the meaning of your post, you mean he will not demonstrate for free? Is that the point? If he were paid say 1,000 a day would he demonstrate against the reds?

The idea here is that people do not demonstrate for free. It is true or not I do not know but I would just like to know true percentage of all those who will turn up to demonstrate how many were paid to do it.

Interesting times.

Edited by macwalen

I'm betting that you wont see any videos of the type seen on BBC new reports this evening which show the red shirts gathering in Udon Thani and explains their motives.

Likewise, I'll bet that none of the news clippings will includes the bit in today's Nation which stated that The Nation as well as most other media outlets were overwhelmingly 'Pro Yellow'

From today's The Nation:

The government, with collaboration from the mainstream media, managed to portray itself as an angel and the red-shirt group as former Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra's evil lackeys - ready to use all violent means to bring their boss back to power. Visions of last April's bloodshed have been planted in the public mind many times a day to show the red-shirt group is nothing but a bloodthirsty monster

Yet, this article doesnt make Thaivisa 'News Clippings' maybe it's not 'on point' as far as the message goes.

Big deal! A lot of those people need to cover their expenses at home even if they get a free ride to Bangkok and a few free meals while they are there.

I agree, these are people who need a few bucks to send back home and cover food or lodging, so let them. Dont get your panties in a bunch thinking I support this rally, or ANY RALLY for that matter. I dont.

A short video showing some people with a list handing out some cash to people on the list. Wow...that is pretty clandestine stuff....and allowing someone to record the whole

thing a close range.... absolute proof that reds only protest for cash.... :) Now if this was the other side....they would never do anything this stupid....the money would be wire transferred to an offshore bank account... dam_n it if you are going to do corruption....do it right for gawds sake......

However, in light of the fact that these protesters are paid, it would make me wonder if I were an organizer if these individuals were loyal advocates of a mutual cause or merely hired guns, ahem, so to speak.

There have been reports of deserters (I suppose we're not talking about creme brulee, here) and it makes one wonder if these were not paid ENOUGH to stay, hence they left.

Big deal! A lot of those people need to cover their expenses at home even if they get a free ride to Bangkok and a few free meals while they are there.

The majority if these people from out of town are doing it for the money. It is a big deal. If they were passionate about seeing Mr. T reinstated and passionate about the cause, they'd come no matter what. But they come because they are paid and it's a hel_l of a lot more money than any of these people make in a day. Try Bt200 a day for the majority. Do the math. Food is already provided at these events. There is no per diem needed. This is salary pure and simple.