1950's Sweet Island Song?

wjmark

Thought I would try the language forum - you guys know everything!

Thanks if you can help...

---

I am doing a surprise video project for a nice southern Khun Yai (b.Samui, moved to Koh Tao in '54), and I need a background song - hopefully one she actually heard as a young woman.

I want to find a song that would make her remember her childhood sweetly.

Ideally the song would be from the early-mid 1950's, and be themed/titled along the lines of:

"Island Girl"

"Sweet Samui Sunset"

"Gosh, The Fish Jump High!"

or something like that. Anything would be fine!

I don't have a clue where to start, so if someone has a nice mp3, and a little history of the song, I would be eternally grateful (and I could give you some music if you like...)

I wasn't even born then man, that's a long time ago. If you don't have any luck with any of the older crowd there's always this more recent song from Deep O' Sea called Koh Samui เกาะสมุย

Good luck

I wasn't even born then man, that's a long time ago. If you don't have any luck with any of the older crowd there's always this more recent song from Deep O' Sea called Koh Samui เกาะสมุย

Good luck

Thanks, but certainly too modern - reggae and all...

I hope to find something nice and folksy from the '50's

I will add my own video sequences to it...

Anybody point me in the right direction?

Thanks

I found another song, a bit older than you're looking for but more in line with the times you're looking for. It's by a guy called Luan Kwantaam ล้วน ควันธรรม and the song is called Koh Samui Girl สาวเกาะสมุย. Now the song is not definitely from the 50's but i read somewhere that it was in a film from the year 2496 which is right in the timescale you're looking for.

The only problem i'm having is finding a copy of the song on the internet somewhere, but it's a start anyway. I'll continue looking for it and maybe someone else can help if i post this now.

Having no luck i'm afraid. Here's a link to the CD you're looking for with an option to buy it for 170฿ if you facny it. That's the best i can do.

http://shop.maemaiplengthai.com/modules.ph...d=262&cid=6

This sounds just about perfect. Thanks.

I will try to find someone to order it for me.

If you do find the mp3, that would be great too....

I'll post the video when I finish it.