Songkan

Woody1

Hi All, although I have spent the last eight Songran's in Pattaya, I wont be there this year.

Can anyone advise on the main Songkran day in Phuket, I understand the "normal" days are 12th-14th, but in Pattaya the real "carnage" takes place on the 19th, is there a similar situation in Phuket? Start date, finish date for the water throwing?

Thanks in advance,

Woody

13 April.

In most places just one day, but in Patong it tends to start one day earlier and end 1 day later. Official celebrations are 13-15 April, so those days banks and government offices will be closed.

13 April.

In most places just one day, but in Patong it tends to start one day earlier and end 1 day later. Official celebrations are 13-15 April, so those days banks and government offices will be closed.

Thanks Steven, I was intending to be in Patong, if anywhere as it happens. Could you recommend a nice hotel close to all the nightlife, and the festivities of Songkran, as I may have a "Songkran first timer" accompanying me? Budget is not really an issue, just somewhere smart, conveinient, decent restaurant, pool, etc.

Thanks

Thanks Steven, I was intending to be in Patong, if anywhere as it happens. Could you recommend a nice hotel close to all the nightlife, and the festivities of Songkran, as I may have a "Songkran first timer" accompanying me? Budget is not really an issue, just somewhere smart, conveinient, decent restaurant, pool, etc.

Thanks

The Burasari, you are very close to Patong Beach Road where the mayhem will occur, and walking distance to Bangla.