Crazy Dcrees And Legislation In Thailand - What's

wilko

Three decrees by Thaksin and Co that astound me

1. Closing of petrol stations at night to save money!?!?!

2. Attempting to ban surfing the internet whilst inebriated.

3. Closing of Alcohol outlets in the afternoon.

Wilko ; in same european country you have to buy any kind of Alcoholic beverage from a kind of special shop until a fix time like 5 or may as long as the shop open till 7 evening . ( and in same european country even if the bartender know that you was drunk before coming to he is bar or you going to about out of control may he never sale to you even a glass of normal beer ) and in same european country what a tough law have for drunk driver that you may never know this . may be for more controlling a lot of crime that created by or from drunks brain or guys , local authority tray to take this step . if you remember in each “ songkuran “ may more then 3 to 400 people died cause of accident or over limit drinking alcohol , and as far as you know , drunker is a kind of disqualify person , so if possible pleas support this act of government .

1.If you can't spend it you must be saveing it !

2.Aimed at some well known posters.

3.That starts tomorrow. :o

Wilko ;  in same european  country  you have to buy any kind of Alcoholic beverage  from a kind of special shop  until a fix time like 5 or may as long as the shop open till 7 evening . ( and in same european country even if the bartender know that you was drunk before coming to he is bar or you going to about out of control  may he never sale to you even a glass of normal beer ) and in same european country what a tough law have for drunk driver  that you may never know this . may be for more controlling  a lot of crime that created by or from drunks brain  or guys , local  authority  tray to take this step . if you remember in each  “ songkuran “ may more then 3 to 400 people died cause of  accident  or  over limit drinking alcohol , and as far as you know  , drunker is  a kind of disqualify person  , so if possible pleas support this act of  government .

Who thinks Pett is using Tv to brush up on his written English? :o

Edited by roscoe

Wilko ;  in same european  country  you have to buy any kind of Alcoholic beverage  from a kind of special shop  until a fix time like 5 or may as long as the shop open till 7 evening . ( and in same european country even if the bartender know that you was drunk before coming to he is bar or you going to about out of control  may he never sale to you even a glass of normal beer ) and in same european country what a tough law have for drunk driver  that you may never know this . may be for more controlling  a lot of crime that created by or from drunks brain  or guys , local  authority  tray to take this step . if you remember in each  “ songkuran “ may more then 3 to 400 people died cause of  accident  or  over limit drinking alcohol , and as far as you know  , drunker is  a kind of disqualify person  , so if possible pleas support this act of  government .

Unforunately you seem to have completely missed the point. In most of the countries in Western Euyrope sensible legislation has dramaticly reduced the numbers of road deaths etc. Alongside this has come a liberalisation of the laws when alcohol may be bought - for intstance pubs in UK no longer have to close in the afternoon. If one seriously thinks that stopping people from buying in the afternoon will make any difference you will be sadly dissapointed, this has been demonstrated elsewhere already, thus the banality of this Thai legisaltion.

1.If you can't spend it you must be saveing it !

2.Aimed at some well known posters.

3.That starts tomorrow. :o

The booze thing has been in force for months in Pattaya.

I travel a pretty large mileage every month and the figure is more or less constant, closing the petrol stations does not save me one iota.

If you mean electricity consumption, this is minute compared to industrial and general domestic consumption and to cap it all the service station shops stay open with most of the lighting.

Furthermore what about all the staff that suddenly have been laid off?

Yet again what about some poor bugger who has to travel a fixed route every night and cannot complete it on a single full tank? His job or his delivery is lost.

As for the internet - oh well! But who can blame me for taking that seriously in view of some of the other whacky stuff they come out with in Taksin's ideas factory?

• 2 weeks later...
As for the internet - oh well! But who can blame me for taking that seriously in view of some of the other whacky stuff they come out with in Taksin's ideas factory?

I agree - I remember reading that article, thinking "this is probably the April fools joke, but then again, TIT- you never know"....

After all, this is the guy who was trying to bring peace to the south by dropping millions of paper birds on them........

:o

Trond

Oh yes...2 more..

mass registration of SIM cards

&

the electricity saving campaign

It might be easier to go home. BYE

These kind of measures are reminiscent the kind of thing a primary school class might dream up as their first project on the environment.

As for Mr Pong – one can but many can’t –

And oh yes, I AM home!

I´m sorry to Flame a little... but who thinks Pett is actually Thaksin in disguise?? :o:D:D:D