Canon I255

Kringle

I've got a Canon i255 printer and I can't get a decent print out of it in color and was wondering what might be the problem. i just replcaed the inks in both black and color with no difference. Should I reinstall or what to improve this. i haven't used it much because i print most things in black (text) and use my old Epson Stylus 800 as it's still working. Thanks for any help.

Cheers,

Kringle

what is exactly the problem, how does it look like?

did you run these checks from the driver already? (not sure how they are called, because my Canon is in the junk already....

I've got a Canon i255 printer and I can't get a decent print out of it in color and was wondering what might be the problem. i just replcaed the inks in both black and color with no difference. Should I reinstall or what to improve this. i haven't used it much because i print most things in black (text) and use my old Epson Stylus 800 as it's still working. Thanks for any help.

Cheers,

Kringle

Edited by h90

Kringle - As h90 indicated, you haven't provided much info for us to go on. As you apparently don't use this printer very often, the problem is probably caused by clogged heads. (If this is the case, new cartridges won't help much.)

First, run a half dozen or so "software cleaning" routines using the Canon printer's software.

If that doesn't help, reinstall the printers drivers from the original CD.

If neither of the above work, and if your mechanically inclined, check this link for details on how to remove and clean the heads, using a can of compressed air.

good luck :o

B/W turns out OK but could be better and color is shitie. Don't know how to describe but I've seen the ads and this doesn't even come close. Thanks for the help and Ill give it a try.

Cheers,

kringle

H90 & Waldwolf, thanks for the info and I have to get a can of that compressed air to try and fix it because I've tried everything else multiple times with no luck. Will check that out tomorrow and see.

Cheers,

Kringle

Went to Big C and home Pro and couldn't find canned compressed air. Must have been a laugh for the store clerks when I'm trying to describe what I wanted but then it was non eventful, so where can I buy this or can I use electrical contact cleaner?

Thanks and cheers,

Kringle

Kringle - Do not recommend using contact cleaner, as some contain solvents that can "melt" or damage plastic parts.

In an earlier post, one member reported he bought a can of compressed air at a camera shop in BKK. (They sell it for cleaning lenses.) Another member wrote: "You can get them in Big C Phuket - bottom floor, C zone, extreme right end". Probably easiest would be one of the office supply stores, like Office Depot, as it is used in many offices to not only clean computer keyboards, but also laser printers. (All computer repair shops should have it or be able to direct you to a seller.)

If you still can't find it, try the following:

1. Locate a couple of plastic drinking straws.

2. Remove ink cartridges from printer.

3. Put 1 or 2 drops of regular 70 percent isopropal alcohol in hole where ink cartridge rests.

4. Wait 1 hour, then place end of plastic drinking straw in cartridge hole and BLOW as hard as possible. (Please, no wise cracks from the gallery.)

5. Re-insert ink cartridges and do printer cleaning using Canon software.

6. Print test page.

7. If necessary, repeat items 2-6.

(Note: Above also works well on Epson printers.)

good luck :o