Renting Apartments For A Living?

Hello!

I am really looking forward in Nov-December to be in Thailand once again but not only for pleasure this time.

I am really interested in finding a place, guest house or apartments for rent, like 10-15 rooms and make a decent living (in Thailand of course) out of it.

Areas like phuket, koh samui or even pattaya due to the amount of tourists that are visiting, i would prefer phuket but that depends on the market prices and where the best deal will present it self.

I have heard that you can rent a place like i mentioned above for all year round with approximately 400-500,000 baht per year??

Do you have any experience on the matter? and how much the cost of water and electricity can be every month? anything you can share with me will be appreciated.

Thanks a lot!

Agree.

I dont think any building owner is going to rent you their place so that you can, in turn, try to rent the individual rooms and make a profit. If the customers are already established, the owner would be in business for himself. If the customers are not established, you will be paying for your own marketing, plus daily running costs, plus still have to pay the building owner rental on all the rooms whether you are renting them out or not.

You may find a building for sale, but you are not able to buy... oh what a nice dream ! If things were that simple, thousands of people would be doing it already!

• 4 weeks later...
Agree.

I dont think any building owner is going to rent you their place so that you can, in turn, try to rent the individual rooms and make a profit. If the customers are already established, the owner would be in business for himself. If the customers are not established, you will be paying for your own marketing, plus daily running costs, plus still have to pay the building owner rental on all the rooms whether you are renting them out or not.

You may find a building for sale, but you are not able to buy... oh what a nice dream ! If things were that simple, thousands of people would be doing it already!

Can you explain a bit more??? I would have thought that this was quite common practice. IE, If I owned a multiple room building & didnt want to run it as a guesthouse MYSELF, why couldnt I rent the entire premises to someone, charge them a certain monthly rent and if they make money running it as a guesthouse then thats fine with me?

Reason for asking is my wife & I have similar plans ourselves.We would like to buy a shopfront with rentable apartments attached freehold (in my wifes name) & rent the premises out for someone to run a shop of some sort & accomodation. That way we have an income & can do other things.