Visa Agents Penang

I’m off to Penang soon with my Thai wife. Can anyone assist in supplying the name and contact details of Visa Agents in the Penang area that could assist me with my application for a ‘’One Year Multiple Entry Non Imm O Visa’’. I would like to be in the position of contacting them first to see what the current situation is with regarding multiple entry visas. So email, phone numbers would be handy. Thanks….

Ive used and can recommend these people.

N.J.

Books centre – Arranged Thai visa – Licensed money changer

Haji Jabar/Muhammed

425, Chulia Street

10200 Penang – Malaysia

Tel: 604-2616113, 2642033

Email: [email protected]

Edit...........better add last time i used them was a couple of years back.

Edited by thaiflyer1

Just been there this week.

Used Manafff(Man).Fantastic service.I called them, he came to my hotel, signed all the forms on Tuesday morning and my visa(Multi-entry "o") was delivered at 2.30PM on Wednesday to me.

Can recommend him 100%.He has been doing visas for 15 years.I orig got his name from this site.

Details as follows:-

Manaff (Man)

Maju Mehaa Singh Travel

384 Chulia St,Penang.10200.

TEL : +60164554851

E-Mail : [email protected]

Just been there this week.

Used Manafff(Man).Fantastic service.I called them, he came to my hotel, signed all the forms on Tuesday morning and my visa(Multi-entry "o")

That sounds like good news still issuing Multiples entry visas

Yep, they certainly are.I normally would have gone to Singapore, (cheaper to travel from CM)but got some excellent advice from lopburi about Penang. :o

Cost was 300 ringit plus 60 ringit agent fee to Manaff(Cheap!!)

Parvez Book Store at 419 Chulia Street (opposite Swiss Hotel - not advisable to stay there) anyone there can help you as long as you already have the paperwork but it is owned by Muhammed and Haji. Tel: +(0)4 2622314 or +(0)4 2619178. [email protected]. They are open until 10pm so you can leave your application for early the next day.

If you want a quick service you pay an express fee of about 200B, they can change money and arrange for your return minibus/travel. Ensure you get to 419 Chulia Street as the place next door looked at the business card I was holding and said "Yes, yes" when I asked them if they were Parvez Book Store. Business is tough!

We use 419 all the time and have about 8 people going through them on a monthly rotation basis. They are also helpful on the telephone, we often ask about the Malaysian holidays (they have plenty and it's no fun being stuck in Penang for a week if you are not prepared to be) and they can tell you what paperwork you need for Non O.

Good luck

Nam

Patrick at the Hotel Continental will reply to your email inquiry in a jiffy: patorikku@hotmail,com (take out the comma). Others on this board and have recommended his services as well I believe. Also, easily the best value for money/comfort hotel in Penang (imho) at 80 RM with a pool on 6th floor.

Patrick at the Hotel Continental will reply to your email inquiry in a jiffy: patorikku@hotmail,com (take out the comma). Others on this board and have recommended his services as well I believe. Also, easily the best value for money/comfort hotel in Penang (imho) at 80 RM with a pool on 6th floor.

I can recommend Patrick at Hotel Continental also. Very knowledgable and efficient service. The hotel is also clean and comfortable, with lots of things in walking distance. I paid 98 Ringgit last March.

He can also arrange round trip transfer to the airport on request.

I've always contacted him at the [email protected] email address.

I can recommend Patrick at Hotel Continental also. Very knowledgable and efficient service. The hotel is also clean and comfortable, with lots of things in walking distance. I paid 98 Ringgit last March.

Cheers Bino. The hotmail is his personal and the other is the hotel - either will get to him tho and you're right about the room rate. I should have said 80.50 RM for the old wing but I like the 'new' wing, which is indeed 98 RM. :o Air Asia can be a bit spotty on arrv/depart times but at their costs, mai pen rai

Air Asia can be a bit spotty on arrv/depart times but at their costs, mai pen rai

You got that right! Air Asia is almost chronically late on all flights. but - like you say, considering the price one can't complain too much. I've learned (the hard way) not to count on getting to the Thai embassy on the same morning as arriving in Penang. Scheduled arrival time is 10:10, and you take a huge chance on getting to the embassy on time.

Best advice is to leave Bangkok on the evening before, and give everything to Patrick that night when you arrive or early the following morning.

I have made a booking at the Grand Continetal Hotel Penang. Is this the same hotel as the Continental hotel?

I have made a booking at the Grand Continetal Hotel Penang. Is this the same hotel as the Continental hotel?

I don't think so.The Grand Continental is running at about 120ringgit a night...and is about a 15-20 min walk from Chulia street. I just stayed there.Apart from a good view, it's a bit of a dive IMO.They are also doing room renovations at the mo. :o

As said the Grand Continental and The Hotel Continental are not the same place. I have stayed at both; and Grand Continental is not grand. I much prefer The Hotel Continental myself. Believe the only time you might need reservations in Georgetown is at the end Ramadan - I never made reservations and always was able to find hotel rooms.

:o

As said the Grand Continental and The Hotel Continental are not the same place.  I have stayed at both; and Grand Continental is not grand.  I much prefer The Hotel Continental myself.  Believe the only time you might need reservations in Georgetown is at the end Ramadan - I never made reservations and always was able to find hotel rooms.

Should have waited a bit longer before making my arrangements :9 Thanks for aot of very useful information guys....