Thaksin Tries To Capitalize On Policeman's Death.

blackman

as reported in the nation from Thaksins phone in

''He also referred to the death of Pol Col Sompien Eksomya, who was killed by the southern insurgents in a bomb attack on Friday, as representing the failure of Abhisit to handle police transfer properly. Pol Col Sompien had asked for a transfer out of Bannangsta, Yala, to Trang after serving the police department for 39 years. His transfer got stuck in the bureaucratic procedure.''

to use this brave policemen and his sad death as a political pawn in his campaign to unseat Abhisit is really scraping the bottom of the barrel and shows no respect for the policeman, his many years of loyal service to Thailand and to the grief his family must be feeling.

Thaksin, you should be ashamed of yourself!

How dare an ex police man comment on the sad death of a policeman that had served his country well and was being held up for a well deserved move :)

I seem to recall seeing Abhisit at the guys funeral, for what? how ,many other funerals for murdered policemen has he attended? Are you also going to suggest that Abhist used this unfortunate death for political purposes or try and suggest her was genuinely concerned.

Edited by tonywebster

How dare an ex police man comment on the sad death of a policeman that had served his country well and was being held up for a well deserved move :)

I seem to recall seeing Abhisit at the guys funeral, for what? how ,many other funerals for murdered policemen has he attended? Are you also going to suggest that Abhist used this unfortunate death for political purposes or try and suggest her was genuinely concerned.

so lets be clear: you think its ok for Thaksin to bring his death into the political arena and to condemn Abhisit as being directly responsible for his death?

so lets be clear: you think its ok for Thaksin to bring his death into the political arena and to condemn Abhisit as being directly responsible for his death?

Are you going to suggest that Abhisit went to the funeral for personal reasons or political reasons, just to be clear on this? before you answer take into account that he has never done this before.

Are you going to suggest that Abhisit went to the funeral for personal reasons or political reasons, just to be clear on this? before you answer take into account that he has never done this before.

Rank and position of the deceased make a lot of difference, as well as the circumstances.

How many killed policemen received Royal attention at their funeral as in this case. I think that says enough.

our responses may have crossed in the ether but believe i asked you a question first and you have answered with another question rather than answering mine

however before i do answer your question, i am curious to know, how do you know for absolute certain that Abhisit has never in his life attended the funeral of a policeman?

just to be clear again, i ask you to remember before you answer that it was you who said '' he has never done this before''

Edited by blackman

How is Abhisit directly responsible?

Do you know anything about the procedures for police transfers? Does Abhisit control any of this, except for at the very top? Have these processes changed since Thaksin was in office?

Edited by anotherpeter

I think Thaksin is losing it...in the upper department I mean.

Using every cheap comment he can to influence the masses. And in this case, yes he ought to be ashamed of himself :)

He completely lost is when he went to Cambodia to help them. Most of Thai I know were completely turned off and become against him since they are nationalist. And they say he doesn’t matter anymore

Any way Thaksin is an Ass…. anyways

Wow, I have not said abhisit is responsible, I pointed out that he attended the funeral when he has not done so before, just before a political rally. It is abhist that has used this for politics, why has nobody pointed this out rather than accuse Thaksin again of something. As an ex senior policeman he is right to raise this issue. As for asking if Abhisit is responsible, then as head of government yes he is ultimately responsible.

Guys your hatred of thaksin is a little worrying, the way some of you act you would think he came in your house on christmas day and crapped on your kids. Get some perspective, deal with facts about the man. You say he is wrong to do this, i say abhist was wrong to use the funeral for political means. Thaksin pointed this out with his attack on abhisit and also pointed out that ultimately he is responsible as he is for any government failings, be it government or civil service.

This is politics.

If anyone can show me footage of abhisit at the funerals of other policeman then I will admit that he may of been there on a personal level, however I doubt he was there on a personal level.

Wow, I have not said abhisit is responsible, I pointed out that he attended the funeral when he has not done so before, just before a political rally. It is abhist that has used this for politics, why has nobody pointed this out rather than accuse Thaksin again of something. As an ex senior policeman he is right to raise this issue. As for asking if Abhisit is responsible, then as head of government yes he is ultimately responsible.

Guys your hatred of thaksin is a little worrying, the way some of you act you would think he came in your house on christmas day and crapped on your kids. Get some perspective, deal with facts about the man. You say he is wrong to do this, i say abhist was wrong to use the funeral for political means. Thaksin pointed this out with his attack on abhisit and also pointed out that ultimately he is responsible as he is for any government failings, be it government or civil service.

This is politics.

If anyone can show me footage of abhisit at the funerals of other policeman then I will admit that he may of been there on a personal level, however I doubt he was there on a personal level.

''this is politics''

yes it is and you would make a fine politician

you are an expert at spinning any bad to make it look good and dodging any answers to direct questions by diverting and asking other questions

typical politician

anyone of any moral standing would denounce Thaksin for politicising this policemans death for their own benefit

but to give you a chance to redeem yourself i will ask you a direct question again:

do you think its ok for Thaksin to bring his death into the political arena and to condemn Abhisit as being directly responsible for his death?

a simple yes or no will suffice

Thaksin remains an important member of the opposition. It's their job to bring mishandling of a situation or inertia to deal with things to people's attention. It's also completely out of context, so I won't make further comments without hearing all that he said. When you just read the local English language dailies you would get all sorts of impressions about people in the opposition. It's your job to see through that and find a balance of information. (Assuming you'd want to stay informed).

Thaksin remains an important member of the opposition. It's their job to bring mishandling of a situation or inertia to deal with things to people's attention. It's also completely out of context, so I won't make further comments without hearing all that he said. When you just read the local English language dailies you would get all sorts of impressions about people in the opposition. It's your job to see through that and find a balance of information. (Assuming you'd want to stay informed).

Thaksin is a convicted criminal who ran away from justice and if any other politician red, yellow, green or otherwise, would have said the same thing, i would have felt no less revulsion

Edited by blackman

Reall

our responses may have crossed in the ether but believe i asked you a question first and you have answered with another question rather than answering mine

however before i do answer your question, i am curious to know, how do you know for absolute certain that Abhisit has never in his life attended the funeral of a policeman?

just to be clear again, i ask you to remember before you answer that it was you who said '' he has never done this before''

Really guys they are all as bad as each other..........it is a shame that this poor guy's death is being used this way....it shows no respect for the ones he left behind!

This is politics.

The problem is Thaksin said Abhisit is responsible to inflame the protestors.

OK, Abhisit went to the funeral. For political reasons, probably. Is it an admission of guilt? NO. Does it make him responsible? NO.

The guy also got a wreath from someone else. Why was that?

This is politics.

tonywebster ''in quotes'' said:

''Are you going to suggest that Abhisit went to the funeral for personal reasons or political reasons, just to be clear on this? before you answer take into account that he has never done this before.''

Abhisit attended the funeral of Police Lieutenant Colonel Methee Chatmontri killed by a car bomb on October 7th 2008 (RIP)

Tony, you really should never say never nor ask a question or make a statement without knowing the answer in advance

it only serves to discredit you.......

Thaksin is a convicted criminal who ran away from justice and if any other politician red, yellow, green or otherwise, would have said the same thing, i would have felt no less revulsion

I'm not arguing against your opinion of Thaksin, that'd be silly. I'm saying he remains an important figure in the opposition, and that as such they highlight any perceived failing of the government. It'd be fair to say that the government isn't making much progress in the South, right, even though that's (closer to) their base support?

I'm not arguing against your opinion of Thaksin, that'd be silly. I'm saying he remains an important figure in the opposition, and that as such they highlight any perceived failing of the government. It'd be fair to say that the government isn't making much progress in the South, right, even though that's (closer to) their base support?

How long has the insurgency in the south been going on?

Abhisit has been PM for one year. Do you really think problems like this can be solved in a year?

Thaksin was PM for 5 years. How much progress did Thaksin make?

But the thread isn't about this. It's about Thaksin efforts to inflame the protestors using b*llsh*t.

To say that thaksin is a member of the oppositin is like saying that it's quite OK to have convicted criminals. mass murders as members of parliamnet and in positions of power, and responsible for the development of Thailand.

But you go even further, you say he is an 'important' member of the opposition. Wow, now you put convicted criminals up on a pedestal, destroying any respect for justice.

Thailand can do a lot better and deserved a lot better than an on the run highly corrupt criminal who changes his story every day and who summarily supervised the murder of 2,500 fellow Thais without justice in any position of power.

Plus, would you really sanction this man being anywhere near taxpayers funds?

Edited by scorecard

Using every cheap comment he can to influence the masses. And in this case, yes he ought to be ashamed of himself :)

Thaksin may be crazy...... but like a fox, you dont amass 73billion baht, however illegally without being incredibly astute.

Thaksin may be crazy...... but like a fox, you dont amass 73billion baht, however illegally without being incredibly astute.

or incredibly corrupted. :D

Abhisit has been PM for one year. Do you really think problems like this can be solved in a year?

No, I think it's an ethnic issue that goes back for at least a century, to 1909 to be exact, when the greater Pattani area was annexed by then Siam in a deal with the British, who ruled Malaysia at the time. What I was saying is that Thaksin is an important figure in the opposition, and that it's the oppositions job to highlight the governments failings. See above you quoted it yourself.

While I am not expecting it to be solved in a year or even the next few years, I see no change at all from previous governments.

Zilch. May have made it worse to be honest. While a heavy handed effort worked in relation to drugs, it really didn't in the deep South. The Democrat party currently has an opportunity to try it in different ways, but they've been as inert as in everything else they don't do. Possibly because that would mean getting on the military's turf, and he don't own that horse.

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

No, I think it's an ethnic issue that goes back for at least a century, to 1909 to be exact, when the greater Pattani area was annexed by then Siam in a deal with the British, who ruled Malaysia at the time. What I was saying is that Thaksin is an important figure in the opposition, and that it's the oppositions job to highlight the governments failings. See above you quoted it yourself.

While I am not expecting it to be solved in a year or even the next few years, I see no change at all from previous governments.

Zilch. May have made it worse to be honest. While a heavy handed effort worked in relation to drugs, it really didn't in the deep South. The Democrat party currently has an opportunity to try it in different ways, but they've been as inert as in everything else they don't do. Possibly because that would mean getting on the military's turf, and he don't own that horse.

So, Thaksin, as an opposition politician (??) is pointing out that Abhisit is not progressing on something that Thaksin himself took backwards.

That's a bit stupid ... but that is politics. And unfortunately the reds believe what he says.

Hmm, some of the Thai dailies reported yesterday that Jatuporn claimed Sompien was a red shirt. This prompted his son to proclaim that his dad didn't belong to either camp, only a loyal policeman doing his duty. How low can the reds get?

Have you considered that for the PM to attend the funeral of senior police officers killed in the line of duty is neither personal or political, just part of his job?

well we will find out, a lowly seargent has now dies also, let us see if abhist goes to that funeral. Also if there is no guilty feelings why has this senior policemans son just been transferred from the south, pity abhisit didn't do this earlier for his father, he would probably still alive and caring for his family rather than being used a political porn by BOTH abhisit and Thaksin

This is politics.

This is a forum, for discussion.

No he didn't (and never points out) his failings. Please provide a source for that info. I only hear him deny everything and point the finger (all of his belligerent videos on youtube) I'll be convinced he's a man who stands behind his actions when he is man enough to return and face the law (like anyone OTHER than him would have to do.)

I suppose like anywhere else, some seem to be above the law...the old saying: Money talks and BS walks. For sure.