Living In Bang Na District

jimbeam1

Hi All,

I recently posted a topic, requesting advice about swimming pools in the Bang Na area, with some useful replies.

My next question is. Does anyone know of anywhere that expats go to meet up? Iwould be grateful for any repies, as the area where I am living seems to be only Thai. Cheers.

jb1

There are a couple of coffee houeses that have wifi in Central Bangna the mall area. Foreigners there if you care to chat with them. If not go into Sukhumvit Soi 20 there is a bar there called sports corner. Go in their and ask for Tim (american) who is the owner he will introduce you around to his foreign customers. I used to go there for years.

Tell him Mark sent you and he'll take care of you

Brgds Mark

Not really a lot up this way, mate. However, a German guy named Otto has recently opened a bar/restaurant off of Sukhumvit 103, the Soi b4 the Bang Na trat as you come up Sukhumvit.

Go along 103 and go over the bridge when it meets Siri Nakharin. Immediatley over the bridge, u-turn, go back to the bridge, U-turn under it and take the first soi on the left. Otto's is about 200m down on the left.

Large Leo 60 baht, jugs 99b, pizzas 180b, pasta 80+ agood thai and western menu.

Word's slowly getting around so worth checking.

Not really a lot up this way, mate. However, a German guy named Otto has recently opened a bar/restaurant off of Sukhumvit 103, the Soi b4 the Bang Na trat as you come up Sukhumvit.

Go along 103 and go over the bridge when it meets Siri Nakharin. Immediatley over the bridge, u-turn, go back to the bridge, U-turn under it and take the first soi on the left. Otto's is about 200m down on the left.

Large Leo 60 baht, jugs 99b, pizzas 180b, pasta 80+ agood thai and western menu.

I'd like to find this place but since I'm new to the area I'm not too familiar with the roads yet. Is this bar on Udom Suk 60?

The Parklands on Bangna Trat has a English restaurant, that serves good food and always has farangs drinking in there. Roast Beef or Pork dinner is 260b. Many other dishes, has a pool table and has Premiership football on at the weekends, it's an outside bar on the top floor about 300 meters past Central Bangna.

PArklands also has a small pub too.

There is also a german restaurant behind Ottos, the way I get to it is go past Seacon & Seri on Srinakarin road, then just before Udom Suk junction is a slip road from Srinakarin to Udom Suk, half way down the slip road is a german restaurant on the right, hasd great cheap food. German sausage, mashed potato & saukraut for 100b, gets a few farangs in there too.

Edited by Peteinbkk31

I'd like to find this place but since I'm new to the area I'm not too familiar with the roads yet. Is this bar on Udom Suk 60?

No. It's on Soi 1 when you go pover the bridge. Hence the U-turns.

The Parklands on Bangna Trat has a English restaurant, that serves good food and always has farangs drinking in there. Roast Beef or Pork dinner is 260b. Many other dishes, has a pool table and has Premiership football on at the weekends, it's an outside bar on the top floor about 300 meters past Central Bangna.

There is also a german restaurant behind Ottos, the way I get to it is go past Seacon & Seri on Srinakarin road, then just before Udom Suk junction is a slip road from Srinakarin to Udom Suk, half way down the slip road is a german restaurant on the right, hasd great cheap food. German sausage, mashed potato & saukraut for 100b, gets a few farangs in there too.

That is Otto's. In that sliproad. Bettr directions than mine, but you're coming the easy way. Try the U-turn after the bridge. It ain't pleasant. Also, the name of the soi, Udom Suk, changes when you go over the bridge, hence soi 1. Do you know what it's called?

Edited by Soi Sauce

I've always called it Udom Suk ..... didn't know it was different.

Also I thought the Pizza place was called Ottos didn't realise he owned the german restaurant too

Sorry mate, someone gave me the wrong name. It's not Ottos and is called Bahn Sabai Sabai. Sign's in Thai though. The directions howerver are correct.

Is that 300m past Central (and then Big C) going towards Trat and on the same side of the road? I've looked for a bar within range of the Avana Hotel a few times and only found the rather grotty, make-shift karaoke bars on the main road.

Edited by citizen33

hi guys ottos/sabai sabai

if i turn from srin into udom suk then along udom suk on the left there is soi 60 and opposite its 53, where is the best way to go there, there is quite alot of construction around the udom suk/srin way that its difficult for directions, so ottos is down soi 60, right? or am i completely lost

Is that 300m past Central (and then Big C) going towards Trat and on the same side of the road? I've looked for a bar within range of the Avana Hotel a few times and only found the rather grotty, make-shift karaoke bars on the main road.

To get to The Parkland, drive past Central Bangna and Big C and go straight until you see a newly opened huge Index furniture shop. Turn left into the soi before you reach Index, same soi as International Community School. The Parkland will be right infront of you when you turn in. There are 13 yellow buildings which belong to The Parkland and a main community building in the center, and on the rooftop is where the restaurant/bar you're looking for is. The place overlooks the swimming pool and is open until quite late, enjoy!

hi guys ottos/sabai sabai

if i turn from srin into udom suk then along udom suk on the left there is soi 60 and opposite its 53, where is the best way to go there, there is quite alot of construction around the udom suk/srin way that its difficult for directions, so ottos is down soi 60, right? or am i completely lost

Yes, you're lost. Cummin from Sirnakarin, Seacon side, when you get to the Udom Suk flyover junction, turn left. About 200m on the left is Soi 1. Turn into it, Barn Sabai Sabai is 200m down on the left opposite the Bangkok Bank Sports Club.

It is not on Udom Suk between Sukhumvit and Sirnakarin, it's on the other side.

To get to The Parkland, drive past Central Bangna and Big C and go straight until you see a newly opened huge Index furniture shop. Turn left into the soi before you reach Index, same soi as International Community School. The Parkland will be right infront of you when you turn in. There are 13 yellow buildings which belong to The Parkland and a main community building in the center, and on the rooftop is where the restaurant/bar you're looking for is. The place overlooks the swimming pool and is open until quite late, enjoy!

Thanks cwldanny,

You answered two questions in one. I have also been looking for somewhere to swim. Having just moved here, I am finding that trying to follow directions a bit difficult. But I do know where you are talking about is.

Edited by jimbeam1

If I remember correctly, The Parkland charges for the use of the gym and pool together for one price, around 100-200 baht the last time I went. However, the pool can get pretty dirty and last year there were atleast a few dozen or so people who got eye infections from swimming in the water there.

hi

those who have been to baan sabai sabai/ottos, where exactly is it?

its sounds a little confusing for me, if i come down udom suk towards srinakarin road, the last 2 numbered sois are soi 60 and opposite soi 53, are these the right sois to turn into, or do i have to cross over the junction of srinakarin to carry straight on when the road changes from udom suk into a different name and then look for the first turning?

hi

its sounds a little confusing for me, if i come down udom suk towards srinakarin road, the last 2 numbered sois are soi 60 and opposite soi 53, are these the right sois to turn into, or do i have to cross over the junction of srinakarin to carry straight on when the road changes from udom suk into a different name and then look for the first turning?

Hi Humbug,

I think these are two different places, there is a pizza place called Ottos on Sri Nakharin Road. Baan Sabai Sabai is where I went last night. If you are coming along Udom Suk from Sukhumvit towards Sri Nakharin you have to cross Sri Nakharin and take the first soi on the left, which according to their business card is called Chaloemprakiat Soi 1. Baan Sabai Sabai is a couple of hundred meters down there on the left opposite the Bangkok Bank Sports Club. There is a signpost to the Bangkok Bank Sports Club at the mouth of the soi.

The owner is a German guy called Andy, there are two phone numbers on the card: 081 551 1810 and 085 111 6665.

Hope this helps!

hi

Hi Humbug,

I think these are two different places, there is a pizza place called Ottos on Sri Nakharin Road. Baan Sabai Sabai is where I went last night. If you are coming along Udom Suk from Sukhumvit towards Sri Nakharin you have to cross Sri Nakharin and take the first soi on the left, which according to their business card is called Chaloemprakiat Soi 1. Baan Sabai Sabai is a couple of hundred meters down there on the left opposite the Bangkok Bank Sports Club. There is a signpost to the Bangkok Bank Sports Club at the mouth of the soi.

The owner is a German guy called Andy, there are two phone numbers on the card: 081 551 1810 and 085 111 6665.

Hope this helps!

yes, it helps alot, great directions and contacts, thankyou for that

really appreciate it

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I went to Sabai Sabai bar a few weeks ago. Andy is a lovely guy and the beer is cheap. It was very quiet the night I went. Overall, nice place to hang out. rolleyes.gif

Can confirm! The Restaurant ist open and the (German) food is very good. Best place in Bang Na / Prawet / Suan Luang to eat some German Food and other International dishes.

Andi and Otto are recommended in any case. Nice German restaurant and open air Bar on the roof. Still do not have many customers but I think it will have succes in the long time. Cordon Bleu with mashed potatoes and sausage he had in any case, last Friday .... ;-)

More information and the menue you can find aroi-sabai-sabai d o t c o m

I live in the Village Condo Bang Na Trad Soi 10 3 sois from the Avana Hotel it has a small Thai restaurant and pool few expats!

• 1 year later...

sorry for bringing this "Zombie" of a topic back to life, but I am about to move to Parkland Bangna, so I thought I can post the text of the topic I have started earlier today here too - some members who posted here maybe still get notification about new replies, in case they missed my topic. I have lived in Bangchak near Piyarom Center from 2004-2006 already, so I already know something about the area in general. That's why I am looking specifically for people who live at the Condo Parkland Bangna.

What I wrote earlier today in my topic was as follows:

" After six years I decided to move to another place within BKK and will most probably sign a rental-contract next week for a unit in Parkland Bangna. Even though the unit I plan to rent is quite nice and the rent reasonable, my future landlords (Farang-Thai couple) live 20 km away and are not exactly what would be called "helpful" or willing to give assistance / support to help me to get familiar with the place quickly.

I wonder if there is any member staying there (plenty of Farang there actually) and would be willing to meet for some chit-chat over a coffee or beer or even dinner (which I will treat you) at the place (there are some Resto's and even some kind of Pub as I have seen already), to make my start there more smooth.

Thank you {=_=} "

I live further out BangNa Trad...not a lot out this way, Beerosophy at Mega Bangna is nice but more geared towards Thais. I have never explored that area around Avana/Central BangNa but frankly its easy and cheap getting into town and the pubs are better......