Delivery Time For A New Soluna Vios

My brother-in-law will be going to a dealer next week to buy a new Soluna Vios for my wife and I (we are currently out of the country). I assume he will be purchasing it somewhere in Hat Yai. How long will it take for delivery of the new car? Drive it away that day? One week? One month?

My brother-in-law will be going to a dealer next week to buy a new Soluna Vios for my wife and I (we are currently out of the country). I assume he will be purchasing it somewhere in Hat Yai. How long will it take for delivery of the new car? Drive it away that day? One week? One month?

I bought one in Chiang Mai and delivery for me was about 4 weeks. However I wanted an exact spec., I was offered 2 models with immediate delivery.

It's good to hear that they do have some for immediate delivery. Since the only specifications that we require are that it is an automatic and includes air conditioning, he should have one by the time we arrive on May 30. Thank you for your response.

It's good to hear that they do have some for immediate delivery. Since the only specifications that we require are that it is an automatic and includes air conditioning, he should have one by the time we arrive on May 30.  Thank you for your response.

I hope you can get one quick but I wanted an automatic as well and they only had manuals for immediate delivery

Cheers

Rob

I am in the market for an Altis/Corolla and here in Bangkok I was told I needed to wait 4 weeks also. I think it is a popular car the Vios so maybe other cars like say a Mistubishi Lancer would be quicker.

I may be paranoid but I have detected a trend in Thai/Japanese dealerships which may have application to the future.

With the apllication of real time parts delivery to the assebly line, why should dealers maintain inventory so customers can have immediate delivery? It only increases their costs.

My guess is that eventually we will all be waiting for delivery on almost every car unless it is so unpopular that there is a backlog developed before the manufacturer turns off the assembly line.

The Japanese manufacturers are in the drivers seat in the auto world now so "fair trade" prices, ie. non-negotiable sticker prices are now standard. Why not accept automobile "orders" only as well. High quality furniture manufacturers have been building to order for years now and there is little or not stock avaialble in quality furniture stores in the west these days.

Inventory control is such a cost effective management tool, I just see large car lots of new vehicles a thing of memory soon, if not now.

It's good to hear that they do have some for immediate delivery. Since the only specifications that we require are that it is an automatic and includes air conditioning, he should have one by the time we arrive on May 30.  Thank you for your response.

I hope you can get one quick but I wanted an automatic as well and they only had manuals for immediate delivery

Cheers

Rob

Bummer. My wife just talked to her brother. He has ordered the Vios and he said it will be available sometime between now and June 15. Oh well, TIT.

We never had to wait more that two weeks for delivery in Bangkok no matter what the sales people said (all Toyotas). I don't think it should be significantly more in Hatyai - one or two days max.

Hondas are generally more expensive than Toyotas.

• 2 weeks later...

I arrived in Phatthalung this morning. My brother-in-law says it will be ready to be picked up tomorrow morning. Less than two weeks - not bad at all. And it will be in my wife's preferred color, though we said color was not important.

We picked up the Vios at 2:30 pm as my wife decided to have it upgraded with leather seats at the dealership. Great little car, all in all. We used it last night to take four adults and four very young children to a restaurant last night. This will be great for taking my family of four to Koh Samui to visit my sister-in-law. I'm glad we had it ordered before we arrived.

Thank yourself lucky that you don't live in Russia:

Car Buyer: "So when will my new car be available?"

Salesman: "2007."

Car Buyer: "When in 2007?"

Salesman: "I don't know, let's say June."

Car Buyer: "What date in June?"

Salesman (frustrated): "22nd!"

Car Buyer: "Morning or afternoon?"

Salesman: "Why the h*ll do you need to know that?"

Car Buyer: "Because the plumber is coming in the morning."

:o:D