New Tudong Centre In Development

thailandfaq

As i was drivng through Klong Yang district near the boat ferry to koh lanta island, i noticed a small sign in Thai saying "samnak songk pha maha chanok", and i followed the road to find the place.

I found a small sangha office with a sala badibat tam (ศาลาปฏิบัติ์ธรรม) in construction .

The place has over 40 rai of jungle there, and the abbotis intending to buildkutis 9huts) for foreigners to come and practise Vipassana Kammathana in true forest tradition, sleeping and meditating in the jungle.

I am in the process of making a website for him, and shall be publishing fotos of the place (including some strange pics i took whilst in the forest with Luang Phor), so people can see where the place is and how it looks.

If anyone wishes to help with volunteer work or funds to develop the centre, please pm me for details.

The place could be a really great place for foreigners to come and experience some real tudong practice. Tudong means Tudankha which was a 13 rule practice used by ascetics in the Buddha's time. nce we have the place ready for visitors we hope to make some courses where people can come and learn applied vipassana, and sleep in a forest hut deep in the jungle where you can meditate in solitude and stillness. The jungle is thick jungle and we will be needing to clear the rougher plants out and leave the larger trees, so that the huts will have nice meditation areas around them. In principle,Luang Phor thinks to have Dhamma and meditation lessons and the rest be for practising in the forest in solitude. This place could be a really good place for foreigners to come and get a taste of forest dwelling dhamma practise in the tudong tradition. The land is big enough, and the abbot Luang Phor The is very friendly and conducive to suggestions on how to develop the place. he is up to any suggestions too, so it would be nice to get some more farang volunteers to come and help with ideas on how to construct.

Any people around krabi province who wish to get involved with trying to make this place get on its feet would be most welcome.

googlemaps its about here

http://maps.google.co.th/?ie=UTF8&ll=7...mp;t=h&z=16

Edited by thailandfaq